Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BonebuckOfficial Buckeye Spring Game thread.
Game/practice is at noon EST or 11am CST for me. According to 11W it is not going to be a sissy boy game. They are going full tackle except for QB's. The last couple years were a joke with the "touch" football aspect.

Looking forward to seeing Stroud connecting to JSN and Emeka. Not sure how much they feature the running game and Henderson and Miyan Williams.

I will be focused on DL and LBer's. So far in spring practice the DL has been attacking the OL with ease. Will be interesting tomorrow.
(04-15-2022, 05:46 PM)Bonebuck Wrote: Game/practice is at noon EST or 11am CST for me. According to 11W it is not going to be a sissy boy game. They are going full tackle except for QB's. The last couple years were a joke with the "touch" football aspect.

Looking forward to seeing Stroud connecting to JSN and Emeka. Not sure how much they feature the running game and Henderson and Miyan Williams.

I will be focused on DL and LBer's. So far in spring practice the DL has been attacking the OL with ease. Will be interesting tomorrow.

[Image: the-simpsons-mr-burns.gif]
Anxious to see if the defense improves.
Make America Honest Again
It's been rare in football to see a successful read and react/flex style defense.  Your typical legendary defenses have been aggressive and smothering.  Now that said, if you don't have the talent/personnel then you are a bit limited in how aggressive you can be.  Regarding OSU, those mid and late 90s defenses, with coach Pug, were typically outstanding.  Very aggressive, but they had the talent to do it as well.  

Switching gears, I do recall one very successful bend-but-don't-break defense at OSU, and that was the 2002 national title team.  We gave you  all the real estate you wanted between the 20s, but you were NOT getting in that end zone.  Coach Dantonio did a helluva job with that crew.
(04-15-2022, 06:57 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: It's been rare in football to see a successful read and react/flex style defense.  Your typical legendary defenses have been aggressive and smothering.  Now that said, if you don't have the talent/personnel then you are a bit limited in how aggressive you can be.  Regarding OSU, those mid and late 90s defenses, with coach Pug, were typically outstanding.  Very aggressive, but they had the talent to do it as well.  

Switching gears, I do recall one very successful bend-but-don't-break defense at OSU, and that was the 2002 national title team.  We gave you  all the real estate you wanted between the 20s, but you were NOT getting in that end zone.  Coach Dantonio did a helluva job with that crew.
The players of course are the key in terms of ability to get to the ball.   The OSU defense last year gave up too much.  UM beat the crap out of them.   There is a guy from Ironton, Ohio who is a LB and I'm anxious to see how my boy does.   His name is Reid Carrico. 
[Image: 9665605_ef90d61960074c72a6205004e3a4978f.jpg]
Make America Honest Again
(04-15-2022, 07:11 PM)zigbee Wrote:
(04-15-2022, 06:57 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: It's been rare in football to see a successful read and react/flex style defense.  Your typical legendary defenses have been aggressive and smothering.  Now that said, if you don't have the talent/personnel then you are a bit limited in how aggressive you can be.  Regarding OSU, those mid and late 90s defenses, with coach Pug, were typically outstanding.  Very aggressive, but they had the talent to do it as well.  

The players of course are the key in terms of ability to get to the ball.   The OSU defense last year gave up too much.  UM beat the crap out of them.   There is a guy from Ironton, Ohio who is a LB and I'm anxious to see how my boy does.   His name is Reid Carrico. 
[Image: 9665605_ef90d61960074c72a6205004e3a4978f.jpg]
From what I have read Reid has had a very good spring. He had is black stripe removed very early.
BTW the game is on BIG network or can be streamed on FuboTV.
Hopefully its a spirited contest and we get out of it unscathed in the injury dept.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Not sure if anyone watched. I was able to see the first 3 qtrs. and then the wifey had plans

My observance:

Offense

Stroud is going to light up every single passing record in CFB with JSN-Harrison-Ebuka-and they have a 4th year senior WR Xavier Johnson had some nice catches.

Kyle McCord is ready to go at backup QB. Strong arm-made some beautiful throws.

RB's- Holy schitt were are so loaded at RB's. Henderson-Williams and Evan Pryor was outstanding today. I hope Miyan Williams stays and does not transfer but Pryor looked very good. Very shifty and able to rub off tacklers.

TE's- WOW Gee Scott and Royer were awesome. Had some very nice catches. Do not understand why Stover moved back to TE. Buckeyes are flipping him around like Mickey D hamburger. Shameful if this guy does not make it to the NFL.

OL-Hard to read on how good they are. They are certainly missing Harry Miller and breaking in new LG and RG which is easier than a RT or LT. With Stroud's quick release we are fine BUT we need to find the POUND AND GRIND game when needed.

Defense:

Difficult to evaluate but the front 4 were bringing some heat all day. JTT and Sawyer have beefed up and are now at CFB playing weight. Myleik Williams is going to be a stud!!!! Dude was at 360lbs. last year and dropped to 320lbs and put on muscle. Look for him to have a huge year. Jerron Cage is back at DT along with Michael Hall and Tyler Friday at DE. This front line will be wreaking havock.!!!

LBer play was good. A ton of competition going on there. No worries. I think we are going to be solid at LBer.

Safety/Corners. Kye Stokes baby!!! True freshman was making some huge plays. Dude is going to be very good. Did not hear Denzel Burke name called-must have been injured. Josh Proctor is back. We should be very good on DB's

This Buckeye team should very much be playoff and National Championship bound. If Coach Knowles can get this defense to be top 30(they do not need to be elite with this offense) Buckeyes should be playing for a Nattie.
Burke played..they just didn't seem to throw his way much. They also spent a lot of time throwing to tight ends today, where the corners aren't covering. If this game is any indication, we may be seeing more involvement from the tight end in the passing game, which may make this offense unstoppable with all the weapons we have.  You can't cover everyone.
(04-16-2022, 09:33 PM)PtreeCornersBuckeye Wrote: Burke played..they just didn't seem to throw his way much. They also spent a lot of time throwing to tight ends today, where the corners aren't covering. If this game is any indication, we may be seeing more involvement from the tight end in the passing game, which may make this offense unstoppable with all the weapons we have.  You can't cover everyone.
Yep-If you implement TE's coming off the LOS this offense is unstoppable. He ll they were unstoppable last year except for SCUM. They did finish #1 in total offense and total yards. Just need some defense.
I would really love for Buckeyes to come out 1st game against ND and put 250 rushing yards on them in 1st half with a few sprinkled in short passes and then put on aerial display the second half. Light them up for over 600 yards of total offense.
I watched a little of it. It i recorded it and will watch it later

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
(04-16-2022, 09:28 PM)Bonebuck Wrote: Not sure if anyone watched. I was able to see the first 3 qtrs. and then the wifey had plans

My observance:

Offense

Stroud is going to light up every single passing record in CFB with JSN-Harrison-Ebuka-and they have a 4th year senior WR Xavier Johnson had some nice catches.

Kyle McCord is ready to go at backup QB. Strong arm-made some beautiful throws.

RB's- Holy schitt were are so loaded at RB's. Henderson-Williams and Evan Pryor was outstanding today. I hope Miyan Williams stays and does not transfer but Pryor looked very good. Very shifty and able to rub off tacklers.

TE's- WOW Gee Scott and Royer were awesome. Had some very nice catches. Do not understand why Stover moved back to TE. Buckeyes are flipping him around like Mickey D hamburger. Shameful if this guy does not make it to the NFL.

OL-Hard to read on how good they are. They are certainly missing Harry Miller and breaking in new LG and RG which is easier than a RT or LT. With Stroud's quick release we are fine BUT we need to find the POUND AND GRIND game when needed.

Defense:

Difficult to evaluate but the front 4 were bringing some heat all day. JTT and Sawyer have beefed up and are now at CFB playing weight. Myleik Williams is going to be a stud!!!! Dude was at 360lbs. last year and dropped to 320lbs and put on muscle. Look for him to have a huge year. Jerron Cage is back at DT along with Michael Hall and Tyler Friday at DE. This front line will be wreaking havock.!!!

LBer play was good. A ton of competition going on there. No worries. I think we are going to be solid at LBer.

Safety/Corners. Kye Stokes baby!!! True freshman was making some huge plays. Dude is going to be very good. Did not hear Denzel Burke name called-must have been injured. Josh Proctor is back. We should be very good on DB's

This Buckeye team should very much be playoff and National Championship bound. If Coach Knowles can get this defense to be top 30(they do not need to be elite with this offense) Buckeyes should be playing for a Nattie.
Thank you for the write up. This sounds great. I'm looking forward to this season. Excited we have a pair and a spare at RB. Once the OLine gels, I think we will do much better at running between the tackles when we need to. 
And I'm feeling that Knowles is going to have the D moving in the right direction. I read that Eichenberg had 10 tackles. He really came on at the end of last season. He plays old school smash mouth ball.
"Don't, I say don't bother me dog, can't ya see I'm thinkin'?"   Foghorn Leghorn
Just a note, Harry Miller basically didnâ€t play at all last year, Wypler played and will continue to be our C. He was the #1 C in his class. While we are putting in new people at the guards, one of our guards from last year, Paris Johnson, moved outside, so itâ€s a little new for him as well. Also, Matt Jones played a ton last year filling in when anyone was injured, so heâ€s pretty steadfast at LG, and a good player. Our only new guy to the line is Donovan Jackson, who was the #1 G in his class, so I donâ€t foresee much issue as long as we donâ€t get a lot of injuries on the OL.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DEI/AA/etc. BS thread maize 114 1,943 4 minutes ago
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  REDS 2024 baseball thread zigbee 767 4,568 15 minutes ago
Last Post: zigbee
  2024 Polling Thread ChinaBuck 82 633 3 hours ago
  NHL/Hockey thread maize 103 934 3 hours ago
Last Post: Blinky
  The Official Tranny Thread (formerly re: Bud Light) ChinaBuck 1,183 21,444 9 hours ago
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  The Official Biden Competency Thread (formerly Biden to address nation at 7:45) maize 84 1,003 10 hours ago
  Random Comments that don't warrant a thread ChinaBuck 1,604 33,948 Yesterday, 08:43 PM
  Nut House Cook and recipe thread zigbee 527 70,162 Yesterday, 07:54 PM
  PGA/LIV, thread. Masters week maize 222 2,960 04-17-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: dkeener67
  Illegal immigration/asylum/border related thread maize 527 7,882 04-15-2024, 10:05 PM