Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
davebucknutBengals sign 2 free agent OLinemen
Absolutely huge news, they signed 2 established quality OG's and I think they might sign 1 more and draft a dude in the 1st or 2nd round too.

The Bengals Oline coach needs to get them playing as a unit of course but these are extremely positive signs

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
(03-14-2022, 01:09 PM)davebucknut Wrote: Absolutely huge news, they signed 2 established quality OG's and I think they might sign 1 more and draft a dude in the 1st or 2nd round too.

The Bengals Oline coach needs to get them playing as a unit of course but these are extremely positive signs

WHO??????????????
Make America Honest Again
The Bengals reportedly grabbed two of their top targets in free agency Monday when reports had them agreeing to terms with Tampa Bay right guard Alex Cappa and Patriots guard-center Ted Karras.

Multiple outlets reported a four-year, $40 million deal, for Cappa which began the renovation of the Bengals offensive line with what looks to their Opening Day right guard. About 90 minutes later word surfaced they agreed to terms with another vet who could start at either left guard or center. Karras, who turns 29 Tuesday, has done both the last two seasons for the Patriots and Dolphins. Both had Pro Football Focus grades at guard last season worthy of the top 25.

Cappa, who reportedly once tried to play with a broken ankle, has been bandied about as just the kind of "glass-eater," Bengals O-line coach Frank Pollack lobbied for at the NFL scouting combine earlier this month.

It's also the third straight March the Bengals have fired a salvo in the early hours of free agency.

NFL teams can't announce deals with unrestricted free agents until Wednesday afternoon and it may be beyond that because the Bengals don't announce them until the contract is signed.

Also emerging Monday were reports starting defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi agreed with the Bears on a mega, three-year, $40 million deal.

At 27, Cappa, like Karras, fits the parameters they seek in free agency: Young, an upgrade and on the rise.

A 2018 third-round pick out of Humboldt State, Cappa, 27, ranked 25th in the Pro Football Focus rankings this past season, already has 46 starts in his four seasons for a team that won the Super Bowl a year ago. Cappa didn't miss a start in the Bucs championship season in 2020 (when PFF said he didn't allow a sack), but missed the Super Bowl when he suffered the broken ankle in the Wild Card against Washington

Cappa, a noted down-hill run blocker, didn't miss a start last season, either, and played in both Tampa Bay playoff games, giving quarterback Joe Burrow even more postseason experience in front of him. In more than 3,000 snaps he's got just four penalties, none last year.

The Bengals staged their own Super Bowl run last season despite heavy turnover at right guard, where four different players started and that included two rookies. Hakeem Adeniji, a second-year player, started the last dozen games and four in the postseason. Cappa has been a starter since Opening Day of his second season.

Karras, whose great uncle is the late Lions great Alex Karras, was a sixth-round pick of the Pats out of Illinois in 2016 and has started 44 games the last three seasons at both guard and center. PFF had him rated 21st among guards.

It figures to be a heavily-focused next couple of days on the O-line. Before the reports on Cappa and Karras, Twitter reported Monday the Bengals tendered restricted free agent Fred Johnson a one-year, $2.4 million deal that's not guaranteed. Johnson can swing behind both tackles, but played in just five games this past season with one start at right tackle in the first season under Pollack.
Make America Honest Again
(03-14-2022, 05:26 PM)zigbee Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 01:09 PM)davebucknut Wrote: Absolutely huge news, they signed 2 established quality OG's and I think they might sign 1 more and draft a dude in the 1st or 2nd round too.

WHO??????????????
I had only seen tweets and didn't have a chance to post them, I just wanted to post that they'd finally brought in 2 olinemen. They also re-signed some other guys too.

Bengals have had a great off season so far with 3 new olinemen, all of which are big improvements and they've kept ir replaced most of thr guys who they've lost.

One guy they lost might be coming back.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/3/23/22...be-in-play

The Bungles and Browns are about to run the AFC North. Should be an interesting upcoming year. The AFC is an absolute powerhouse conference.
(03-23-2022, 12:40 PM)wydileie Wrote: The Bungles and Browns are about to run the AFC North. Should be an interesting upcoming year. The AFC is an absolute powerhouse conference.
If the steelers can find a good QB they will be their usual selves, but I think they're going to be down, however the Bengals, browns, and ravens are loaded.

(03-23-2022, 01:05 PM)davebucknut Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 12:40 PM)wydileie Wrote: The Bungles and Browns are about to run the AFC North. Should be an interesting upcoming year. The AFC is an absolute powerhouse conference.
If the steelers can find a good QB they will be their usual selves, but I think they're going to be down, however the Bengals, browns, and ravens are loaded.

I think the Steelers can be a 7-10 or 8-9 team, but I don't seem them making much noise, even with a decent QB. There are very few decent QBs even left on the market unless they pull of some blockbuster trade which I don't think they have the pieces for. It may be Garoppolo or bust for them at this point.

I think the Ravens will be good to quite good, but they are a step below the other two, IMO. With the Russell Wilson trade, the AFC is just going to be a bloodbath. I have no idea who is going to come out of there.
(03-23-2022, 01:21 PM)wydileie Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 01:05 PM)davebucknut Wrote:

I think the Steelers can be a 7-10 or 8-9 team, but I don't seem them making much noise, even with a decent QB. There are very few decent QBs even left on the market unless they pull of some blockbuster trade which I don't think they have the pieces for. It may be Garoppolo or bust for them at this point.

I think the Ravens will be good to quite good, but they are a step below the other two, IMO. With the Russell Wilson trade, the AFC is just going to be a bloodbath. I have no idea who is going to come out of there.
No doubt, the AFC is a murderers row right now and the afc playoffs will be amazing to watch.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Holy ****! Woman wheels dead man into bank to sign off on documents K9Buck 11 96 10 hours ago
Last Post: stxbuck
  If my great, great grandfather died to free your great, great grandfather... K9Buck 10 661 04-18-2024, 11:09 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Free the Nipple zigbee 3 77 03-25-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dunefan
  BG/BM7 living rent free in the NH. ScarletHayes 9 143 01-05-2024, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Pennsylvania man erects sign saying f0ck the gov't and gets in trouble zigbee 41 499 12-17-2023, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Blinky
  Southwest Airlines policy gives plus-sized customers up to two additional seats free maize 20 328 12-15-2023, 01:55 PM
Last Post: dunefan
  Cincinnati Bengals 2023 Thread zigbee 91 1,163 12-05-2023, 09:24 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  Free speech or a crime? P1tchblack 9 197 10-19-2023, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  Free Solo TakeThePoints 14 226 07-31-2023, 01:32 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free P1tchblack 8 179 07-22-2023, 11:01 PM
Last Post: zigbee