zigbeenuthouse
Day Cleaning House - Printable Version

+- zigbeenuthouse (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com)
+-- Forum: The Front Porch. Come on in and talk! (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: ZigbeeNutHouse List of topics for discussion (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Day Cleaning House (/thread-9776.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Day Cleaning House - lrrps21 - 01-13-2022

Coombs, Barnes, and Washington gone.

Day realizes a national caliber defense can't be built with guys like Coombs, Barnes, and Washington.

RE: Day Cleaning House - stxbuck - 01-13-2022

Knowles is coaching the LBs himself, no room for Washington. As for Coombs, they supposedly wanted him to stay and coach CBS, but he would have had to swallow his pride and likely take a big pay cut. He supposedly has a couple of NFL offers on the table.
Getting Perry Eliano from UC was a coup-he gets dudes NFL ready, and coming from UC and New Mexico, he’s not getting big timers from HS.

Day Cleaning House - davebucknut - 01-13-2022

On paper these sounds like great moves, hopefully they can get everyone up to speed quickly and have a good defense this year- which good is all we need with this team- by year 2 or 3 I suspect Knowles will be killing it with a top 10 D

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

RE: Day Cleaning House - Alabuckeye - 01-13-2022

(01-13-2022, 06:54 PM)stxbuck Wrote: Knowles is coaching the LBs himself, no room for Washington. As for Coombs, they supposedly wanted him to stay and coach CBS, but he would have had to swallow his pride and likely take a big pay cut. He supposedly has a couple of NFL offers on the table.
Getting Perry Eliano from UC was a coup-he gets dudes NFL ready, and coming from UC and New Mexico, he’s not getting big timers from HS.
Athletic mentioned that Eliano pulled a 4 * to cincy out of Alabama, one that Bama wanted. JQ Hardaway

RE: Day Cleaning House - Bonebuck - 01-13-2022

Very good moves by Ryan Day. He knows he has a team that can win the Nattie but they are not being coached up. I admire his boldness to make changes. Reading up on many of these incoming coaches I would say a thumbs up for Ryan Day.

RE: Day Cleaning House - ScarletHayes - 01-13-2022

Barnes kind of a mystery to me.  I thought he was mostly an improvement, sans the UM game.  Utah a whole other ball of wax since we had so many guys out

RE: Day Cleaning House - Bonebuck - 01-13-2022

(01-13-2022, 09:40 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Barnes kind of a mystery to me.  I thought he was mostly an improvement, sans the UM game.  Utah a whole other ball of wax since we had so many guys out
Barnes was thrown to the lions after Day demoted Coombs. Barnes was in way over his head. Why Day appointed Coombs DC was a head scratcher.

RE: Day Cleaning House - ChinaBuck - 01-13-2022

Day inherited a lot of these coaches, gave them opportunities and they didn't get the job done. So he cleans house and starts anew mostly with guys he picks. Although, I'm sure Knowles had a very big say in in the two new D hires. They work for him directly. He has a particular D scheme he likes to run and he needs guys who can not only buy into that, but implement it at a high level.

RE: Day Cleaning House - ScarletHayes - 01-13-2022

(01-13-2022, 09:53 PM)Bonebuck Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 09:40 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Barnes kind of a mystery to me.  I thought he was mostly an improvement, sans the UM game.  Utah a whole other ball of wax since we had so many guys out
Barnes was thrown to the lions after Day demoted Coombs. Barnes was in way over his head. Why Day appointed Coombs DC was a head scratcher.

Coombs seems to be tailor made for a position coach.  I always liked his enthusiasm.  D coordinator, OTOH, was clearly not in his wheelhouse.

RE: Day Cleaning House - zigbee - 01-13-2022

(01-13-2022, 10:01 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote:

Coombs seems to be tailor made for a position coach.  I always liked his enthusiasm.  D coordinator, OTOH, was clearly not in his wheelhouse.
Coombs was with Tennessee iirc in NFL as a coordinator?   Incredible he comes BACK to college football and sucked.   God, they love this guy on Bill Cunningham show on WLW.....KERRY COOMBS!  Cincy Boi...

RE: Day Cleaning House - Alabuckeye - 01-13-2022

Yeah, I have a ton of respect for Coombs. Hate to see it end this way

RE: Day Cleaning House - PtreeCornersBuckeye - 01-14-2022

(01-13-2022, 10:19 PM)zigbee Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 10:01 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote:

Coombs was with Tennessee iirc in NFL as a coordinator?   Incredible he comes BACK to college football and sucked.   God, they love this guy on Bill Cunningham show on WLW.....KERRY COOMBS!  Cincy Boi...
He was only the secondary coach in Tennessee, which was in his wheelhouse, and he did well. DC (as Scarlett said) was just too much.