zigbeenuthouse
Streaming TV - Printable Version

+- zigbeenuthouse (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com)
+-- Forum: The Front Porch. Come on in and talk! (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: ZigbeeNutHouse List of topics for discussion (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Streaming TV (/thread-8842.html)

Pages: 1 2

Streaming TV - Beastdog - 08-29-2021

So shortly after the Buckeyes got smoked by Bama in the CFP title game, I decided to try life without a paid TV service in my life. What I found is my budget appreciated the $65 per month bump. And I didn't miss not having TV in my life, at all. 

But now college football season is here, so I need it, again, at least for the next 4-5 months.  I signed up for a 7 day free trial from Hulu, so I'm set for the opener on Thursday. Beyond that, I'd like to get as minimal a package as necessary to get my Buckeye games. Moving forward, are we done with ESPN as a network showing OSU? If so, if I can get a BTN package and see if an antenna can pick up the local Fox network, and then I'll be set, right? Otherwise, I guess I can withstand the $65 hit for a few months.

RE: Streaming TV - zigbee - 08-29-2021

I dropped the cable and picked up YouTube which has all I need but ONE team: REDS.  NO REDS.   So, I use Bilasports.   It's FREE streaming of all games...BUCKEYES TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!  Go to Bilasports.com and if you can put up with some of the ads you're good to go for watching all this.

RE: Streaming TV - ScarletHayes - 08-29-2021

(08-29-2021, 12:12 PM)zigbee Wrote: I dropped the cable and picked up YouTube which has all I need but ONE team: REDS.  NO REDS.   So, I use Bilasports.   It's FREE streaming of all games...BUCKEYES TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!  Go to Bilasports.com and if you can put up with some of the ads you're good to go for watching all this.

I have YT tv as well.  What happened to FSN games?  I rarely, if ever, see the Reds listed anymore.

(08-29-2021, 12:28 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 12:12 PM)zigbee Wrote: I dropped the cable and picked up YouTube which has all I need but ONE team: REDS.  NO REDS.   So, I use Bilasports.   It's FREE streaming of all games...BUCKEYES TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!  Go to Bilasports.com and if you can put up with some of the ads you're good to go for watching all this.

I have YT tv as well.  What happened to FSN games?  I rarely, if ever, see the Reds listed anymore.
Youtube dropped it or they dropped it.  It's not on there anymore.

RE: Streaming TV - 3rdgensooner - 08-29-2021

Since sports is all I watch on broadcast TV I have figured out a sure fire way to get all the games for free. Sort of. It's called a sports bar. The food and beer is more expensive than at home but cheaper than a ball park. They tend to have all the games. And if there are multiple games or even different sports on at the same time no problem. Avoid the chains. Support local.

RE: Streaming TV - maize - 08-29-2021

Were you the one who introduced me to that site? I think you were. Awesome site. You can get the home/away broadcasts and the national if they are doing that.

(08-29-2021, 01:14 PM)maize Wrote:
Were you the one who introduced me to that site? I think you were. Awesome site. You can get the home/away broadcasts and the national if they are doing that.
It twas I!!!

RE: Streaming TV - Bonebuck - 08-29-2021

My "2 year subscription" to Xfinity is over after Labor Day but I am going to wait until after football season. Dont want to risk missing any games. We already subscribed to netflix.

RE: Streaming TV - lrrps21 - 08-29-2021

I checked the antenna direction for your area. You are in luck. The average tower is 28 miles. A simple indoor antenna will get all the Detroit and Toledo channels. ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC.

I get both NY and Philly ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC. I don't miss any tOSU games except the one they play on the Big Ten Network. That's usually against Purdue, so I either skip it or go to a local sports bar.

If you do get an antenna do not go by the marketing burfle HD or 4K as there is no such thing as a HD or 4K antenna.

If you need help in which direction to point the antenna post here. I'll post the direction the antenna needs to point. A simple way is point it towards Detroit or Toledo. Do not spend more than $40 or $50. I made my own out of copper wire I had in the garage.

RE: Streaming TV - 3rdgensooner - 08-29-2021

So lrrps is in reality Mcgyver?

RE: Streaming TV - Orbit1 - 08-29-2021

I went to the Bilasport sight on my phone and it immediately opened another window Fix-Connect that my phone was infected with 13 viruses. Closed it out and tried again, same thing. No thanks.

RE: Streaming TV - lrrps21 - 08-29-2021

(08-29-2021, 09:01 PM)3rdgensooner Wrote: So lrrps is in reality Mcgyver?

Nah, I had really good science teachers in junior high and had to setup 'ratt rigs' (signal) for my unit. I also am a very cheap person. I have not had cable since 1981. I really only watch CFB, so I only need an antenna. 

Beast should have no issues getting Detroit or Toledo channels.