zigbeenuthouse
Why haven't hamburger joints figured out that they need... - Printable Version

+- zigbeenuthouse (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com)
+-- Forum: The Front Porch. Come on in and talk! (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: ZigbeeNutHouse List of topics for discussion (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Why haven't hamburger joints figured out that they need... (/thread-8061.html)

Pages: 1 2

Why haven't hamburger joints figured out that they need... - K9Buck - 05-15-2021

...to make their own buns like good sub shops do?  

I grabbed a quarter-pounder the other day.  The bread was like half-stale.  

When was the last time you had a hamburger from a chain wherein the bread was really good?  

My favorite sub shop is Jersey Mike's.  They make their own bread.  It's excellent.  

Why can't hamburger joints make their own bread?

RE: Why haven't hamburger joints figured out that they need... - ScarletHayes - 05-15-2021

Because it's cheaper not to would be my guess.  It's probably partly how they maintain dollar/two dollar menu items

RE: Why haven't hamburger joints figured out that they need... - zigbee - 05-15-2021

(05-15-2021, 07:15 PM)K9Buck Wrote: ...to make their own buns like good sub shops do?  

I grabbed a quarter-pounder the other day.  The bread was like half-stale.  

When was the last time you had a hamburger from a chain wherein the bread was really good?  

My favorite sub shop is Jersey Mike's.  They make their own bread.  It's excellent.  

Why can't hamburger joints make their own bread?
I'm sure it's a cost factor.

I remember speaking about burgers people make at home and a poster that had the baby avatar for baby food said best burger is when you used plain average buns.....just white buns which are run of the mill.  I buy those and I now agree.  Home made burgers, with plain white bun (not stale) dill pickle, mayo, mustard, onion, tomato....lettuce....cheese....mmmmmmm[Image: emoji488.png]   add fries you DEEP fry....mmmmmm[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Why haven't hamburger joints figured out that they need... - 3rdgensooner - 05-15-2021

I'm a bit amused K9 expects any quality items at all at a fast food burger joint. For the prices they charge you're lucky to get the awful crap they serve actually.

RE: Why haven't hamburger joints figured out that they need... - ScarletHayes - 05-15-2021

The buns I can't stand are the Honey Buns.  

Yeah I'd like a hamburger wrapped in a Danish please.  Thanks!  Not a good combo IMO.

RE: Why haven't hamburger joints figured out that they need... - zigbee - 05-15-2021

What guy used this avatar?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHhnZspDRZM6m-WibdFof...2&usqp=CAc]

Was it the MAGA guy all about gay marriage?  Alpo or something like that?  Been a while

(05-15-2021, 07:42 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Was it the MAGA guy all about gay marriage?  Alpo or something like that?  Been a while
Yes, that is him.  He did go on and on about gay marriage.  Wasn't alpo though.

RE: Why haven't hamburger joints figured out that they need... - Blinky - 05-15-2021

Knot

(05-15-2021, 07:47 PM)Blinky Wrote: Knot
[Image: emoji106.png]

(05-15-2021, 07:48 PM)zigbee Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 07:47 PM)Blinky Wrote: Knot
[Image: emoji106.png]

Definitely rings a bell.

RE: Why haven't hamburger joints figured out that they need... - Blinky - 05-15-2021

(05-15-2021, 07:29 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: The buns I can't stand are the Honey Buns.  

Yeah I'd like a hamburger wrapped in a Danish please.  Thanks!  Not a good combo IMO.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]