Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A Big Bang led to star being born.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K9BuckConstitution was amended to prevent FDR from being re-elected
According to dimwit AOC.  

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1...68928?s=19
(03-31-2019, 12:35 PM)K9Buck Wrote: According to dimwit AOC.  

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1...68928?s=19

Silly me I thought it was his death that kept him from being re-elected.  Thanks for the history lesson AOC
She's passing 'W' in the dumbest comments category. I can't wait to hear her say "We have to destroy the environment to save the environment" to explain her living in a swanky high rise while she wants people to double and triple up living in small apartments. She'll need the best possible comforts so she could think better.
DC is a symptom, not the cause. The cause is basic voter stupidity and economic ignorance.
As time goes on, FDR looks worse and worse and worse...  Now that guy thought he was a king.  What a legacy too.  Thanks for the wonderful social "safety net" ground work you laid for us.  It's really brought out the best in people.   Rolleyes
(03-31-2019, 01:03 PM)lrrps21 Wrote: She's passing 'W' in the dumbest comments category. I can't wait to hear her say "We have to destroy the environment to save the environment" to explain her living in a swanky high rise while she wants people to double and triple up living in small apartments. She'll need the best possible comforts so she could think better.

I am still waiting for her to say "why bother sending someone to the moon, lets send them to the sun, we can go there at night"!
(03-31-2019, 01:14 PM)Soupcity Kid Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 01:03 PM)lrrps21 Wrote: She's passing 'W' in the dumbest comments category. I can't wait to hear her say "We have to destroy the environment to save the environment" to explain her living in a swanky high rise while she wants people to double and triple up living in small apartments. She'll need the best possible comforts so she could think better.

I am still waiting for her to say "why bother sending someone to the moon, lets send them to the sun, we can go there at night"!

Tongue
(03-31-2019, 01:04 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: As time goes on, FDR looks worse and worse and worse...  Now that guy thought he was a king.  What a legacy too.  Thanks for the wonderful social "safety net" ground work you laid for us.  It's really brought out the best in people.   Rolleyes

FDR's family was corrupt as hell.

https://www.nytimes.com/1997/06/28/opini...google.com
DC is a symptom, not the cause. The cause is basic voter stupidity and economic ignorance.
Yup, 22nd Amendment was passed in reaction to FDR's 4 terms, but he was worm food by the time it was passed. I'm not 100% sure, but I think Truman could technically have run for re-election in 52', due to the timing of the passage of the amendment.
FDR was A-a great foreign policy president/war leader, and B-obviously a fan of big government, but not a total leftist loon-he actually was getting ready to scale back gov't spending in the late 30s out of deficit concerns, but the coming of WWII kind of made everything moot.
IMO, FDR wasn't any more special than anyone else when it came to foreign policy or managing a war effort.  We were attacked.  I think just about any president would have done a solid job.  To me the guys that deserve recognition for being amazing at leadership in times of danger/war are Lincoln and Reagan.  Lincoln kept the nation together when it seemed all was lost.  Reagan won the cold war and defeated the Soviets without firing a shot.  Brilliant foreign policy president.
(03-31-2019, 01:40 PM)stxbuck Wrote: Yup, 22nd Amendment was passed in reaction to FDR's 4 terms, but he was worm food by the time it was passed. I'm not 100% sure, but I think Truman could technically have run for re-election in 52', due to the timing of the passage of the amendment.
FDR was A-a great foreign policy president/war leader, and B-obviously a fan of big government, but not a total leftist loon-he actually was getting ready to scale back gov't spending  in the late 30s out of deficit concerns, but the coming of WWII kind of made everything moot.

He also was very critical of public sector unions. On the other side, we can "thank" him for putting Japanese-Americans in intern camps. 

A mixed bag.
(03-31-2019, 01:45 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: IMO, FDR wasn't any more special than anyone else when it came to foreign policy or managing a war effort.  We were attacked.  I think just about any president would have done a solid job.  To me the guys that deserve recognition for being amazing at leadership in times of danger/war are Lincoln and Reagan.  Lincoln kept the nation together when it seemed all was lost.  Reagan won the cold war and defeated the Soviets without firing a shot.  Brilliant foreign policy president.

He was maneuvering w/ Winston Churchill to fight Hitler before the Japanese made everything moot-Lend-Lease, fighting w/ Lindbergh type isolationists. FDR also set in motion the entire course of modern Middle East policy when he set up ARAMCO w/ the Saudi royals in the late 1930s. You might not agree w/ the outcome of everything, but it was far reaching stuff-more than any other president in US history up to that time.................
(03-31-2019, 01:47 PM)Beastdog Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 01:40 PM)stxbuck Wrote: Yup, 22nd Amendment was passed in reaction to FDR's 4 terms, but he was worm food by the time it was passed. I'm not 100% sure, but I think Truman could technically have run for re-election in 52', due to the timing of the passage of the amendment.
FDR was A-a great foreign policy president/war leader, and B-obviously a fan of big government, but not a total leftist loon-he actually was getting ready to scale back gov't spending  in the late 30s out of deficit concerns, but the coming of WWII kind of made everything moot.

He also was very critical of public sector unions. On the other side, we can "thank" him for putting Japanese-Americans in intern camps. 

A mixed bag.

People can squawk about the camps w/ some justification, but a little known fact is that something like 20% of all Japanese on the West Coast subscribed to Japanese nationalist newspapers/maintained membership in Japanese nationalist organizations that were the practical equivalent of groups like the German-American Bund-pro-Nazi groups. Most Japanese were loyal, but the risk of internal subversion, based on pre-war group affiliations wasn't negligible.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's a constitution no one wants zigbee 2 40 03-26-2024, 11:39 PM
Last Post: maize
  Baldwin wants to hide behind the constitution now davebucknut 1 104 02-11-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Soupcity Kid
  Hunter Biden asks court to prevent his daughter from using his last name maize 7 130 01-15-2023, 11:33 AM
Last Post: Syncro
  Most Americans want maximum age limit for elected officials: poll P1tchblack 19 365 09-09-2022, 02:46 AM
Last Post: Smoothmflikethat
  Ilhan Omar re-elected Bonebuck 7 175 08-10-2022, 05:27 AM
Last Post: davebucknut
  The newly elected San Francisco DA... Chesa Boudin BoyGenius 58 3,421 07-19-2022, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  Let's all read the Constitution together. Bonebuck 0 154 07-11-2022, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Bonebuck
  Trump takes credit for DeSantis being elected governor K9Buck 84 1,695 06-23-2022, 07:16 AM
Last Post: davebucknut
  This Is What She Was Elected To Do lrrps21 17 603 03-03-2022, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Blinky
  The Left wants to get rid of the Constitution ChinaBuck 11 573 12-30-2021, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Hightop77