Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gob'ment schools hard at work
Infringing on people's rights....

Utah teacher forced student to wash off Ash Wednesday cross on forehead, family says

A Utah elementary school teacher apologized to one of her Catholic students Wednesday -- and may still face disciplinary action -- after she forced him to wash off the Ash Wednesday cross on his forehead, the boyâ€s family said.

William McLeod, a fourth grader at Valley View Elementary School, received the ash marking -- made in the shape of a cross and applied by a priest --  for the Catholic religious day that signals the start of the Lenten season and then went to school in Bountiful, Fox 13 reported. He told Fox 13 he was the only student who had ashes.

“A lot of students asked me what it is. I said, ‘Iâ€m Catholic. Itâ€s the first day of Lent. It's Ash Wednesday,â€â€ William said.

William's teacher, who was not identified, later approached him and forced him to wash off the symbol, he said. William reportedly attempted to explain why he wanted to keep the ash cross on his forehead, but he said his teacher wouldn't listen.

More:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/utah-teacher-...amily-says
William said he received a handwritten apology and candy from his teacher.

An important detail, imo.
(03-08-2019, 06:30 PM)Brutus Buckeye Wrote: William said he received a handwritten apology and candy from his teacher.

People usually feel bad.... when they're caught doing something wrong.
She did apologize via handwritten letter. I don't think this is news.

I was once slapped by a teacher when she thought I was being oafish.
The America, and the American Military, that you once knew is gone.
When I was younger, I had no clue about Ash Wednesday. I never anyone with ash on their foreheads, ever.

If the teacher apologized sincerely and didn't know, I'm OK with it.
Teachers HAVE to know better. Even the kid knew what the Constitution said.
(03-08-2019, 06:35 PM)P1tchblack Wrote:
(03-08-2019, 06:30 PM)Brutus Buckeye Wrote: William said he received a handwritten apology and candy from his teacher.

People usually feel bad.... when they're caught doing something wrong.

She is probably Mormon considering the school district. We tend to be rather oblivious to these sorts of things. It was a kid with dirt on his face. 

She learned her lesson and apologized and will probably be dealt with appropriately. 

It was kind of funny to read about this in the uber-liberal anti-Mormon Salt Lake Tribune, watching the White Left actually defend an expression of Christianity in a Public School. I have now officially seen everything.
Its not a real apology if you are forced to make it.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chicago School Board vote unanimously to remove cops from schools ChinaBuck 21 278 02-28-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Dzone1
  Should schools open in fall? zigbee 368 23,653 02-26-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  You hit your 70s it starts to get very hard zigbee 9 141 01-25-2024, 08:14 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Hard to top this, unless you untop it... ChinaBuck 15 219 01-24-2024, 07:31 PM
Last Post: lrrps21
  Homosexual & Transgender ideology pushed in schools thread K9Buck 76 896 09-30-2023, 05:25 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Texas HS with better sports facilities than some D1 schools ChinaBuck 3 110 08-16-2023, 08:40 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  LA LA Land wants schools to use books from sexual deviant named Milk zigbee 4 109 07-21-2023, 08:49 PM
Last Post: TroyKidd
  Satan's children at work K9Buck 2 94 06-26-2023, 11:10 AM
Last Post: K9Buck
  This is why uniforms or strict dress codes are necessary in public schools K9Buck 4 111 06-16-2023, 09:51 PM
Last Post: davebucknut
  Wuhan in bed with Olentangy Schools Erhino 9 194 05-24-2023, 04:37 PM
Last Post: stxbuck