Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A Big Bang led to star being born.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayor of South Carolina town alleges hate crime and vandalism of her cars
S.C. Mayor Says ‘Yellow Sticky Substance†on Her Car Was Sprayed by Vandals, Police Say Itâ€s Just Pollen

M.L. Nestel, Newsweek, March 1, 2019

The mayor of a South Carolina town believed she was the target of a hate crime after cars belonging to her and her husband were dusted with a mysterious, “yellow, sticky substance.”

Local and state police investigated the claims made by Lamar Mayor Darnell Byrd McPherson, who reported that on February 7 at 10 p.m. local time, someone sprayed her 2017 Symphony Silver Hyundai Elantra Sport and her husbandâ€s soft-top 1998 Buick Roadmaster with a residue outside of their home.

{snip}
Setting in was the deafening fear of an attack.

[Image: Darnell-Byrd-McPherson.jpg?resize=250%2C376&ssl=1]
Darnell Byrd McPherson

“I likened it as a hate crime because No. 1, thereâ€s a history in our town of Lamar,” the volunteer mayor of the town with approximately 980 constituents, said.
{snip}

The memories of the past were front and center for Mayor McPherson upon seeing her car defaced.
“It ignited some fear in my spirit,” she said. “My God, who would do that?

“It was something; it was just unnerving to me.”

In the incident report obtained by Newsweek, her husband asked her, “Where did you go today? The car is covered in paint.”
The report went on to detail how the mayor and her husband streaked a finger over the tarnished parts surfacing the car and “realized it was not paint and that the substance could be removed with a finger; similar to pollen.”

{snip}
She has served as Lamarâ€s volunteer mayor for one year while working full-time as the Executive Director of the Darlington County First Steps, which serves to strengthen families through education.

The mayor is hard-pressed to understand why she was targeted.
“I have a good reputation,” she said. I have never been subjected to something like this.”
Both cars were rigorously cleaned the day after the incident, and therefore a sample of the substance, whatever it was, wasnâ€t preserved.

“The substance wasnâ€t saved and the cars were actually cleaned—pressure-washed twice—there was no substance, and so they didnâ€t have it for the investigation,” argued McPherson.

Darlington County Sheriffâ€s Office Lieutenant Robby Kilgo explained that an investigation was opened to determine what the substance was on both cars.

“We found it to be pollen,” Kilgo explained in an interview with Newsweek. “There was no reason for us to collect a sample.”
{snip}

Though the possibility was raised that the carâ€s mysterious coating could have been pollen and not the result of foul play, McPherson remained convinced someone was behind it.

“Itâ€s something,” she said. “Something thatâ€s sticky thatâ€s stuck to my car and took two different solutions to get it off.”
{snip}

“What do we need to do in Lamar? I say, we need to come together,” she said. “There should be something else…. But thereâ€s always these remnants of racism.”

The mess on her car wasnâ€t what bothered her—it was speculating the intent of whoever might have made it.
{snip}

Original Article

courtesy American Renaissance
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

**HEADDESK**
1998 Buick Roadmaster. I like the man's style.
Someone needs to tell her if she leaves the car out in the summer and the car is covered with a white and purple substance it is not a hate crime rather it is the birds eating some good old elderberries.  BTW I do hate when that happens to my car.
Hey Hightop let me chime in before pitchblack   How happy are you on a scale of 1-10
(03-04-2019, 08:12 PM)Soupcity Kid Wrote: Hey Hightop let me chime in before pitchblack   How happy are you on a scale of 1-10

More amused than happy.  Give it a 6.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Did they pour bleach on the car?
(03-04-2019, 08:17 PM)unc4corners Wrote: Did they pour bleach on the car?

Nah they slipped the cars some Claritin D and they started right up.
The car was still wearing a noose around its neck when the police showed up.
(03-04-2019, 08:28 PM)Brutus Buckeye Wrote: The car was still wearing a noose around its neck when the police showed up.

The police figured out this was a hoax when they noticed a note written in the pollen saying  Jussie Smullett was here
Looks like Don King's sista...[Image: emoji1542.png][Image: emoji1543.png]
Make America Honest Again
March in the south? Yellow substance? ITS PINE POLLEN YOU IGNORANT LADY!!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Government crime statistics are no longer valid K9Buck 3 41 03-25-2024, 05:35 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Unspoken fact about crime in US zigbee 101 1,299 03-13-2024, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Sanitarian2
  Mayor P1tchBlack DeBlasio SHOCKED at these criminals zigbee 172 23,209 02-21-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: maize
  It’s cold here in the south at night zigbee 16 212 01-22-2024, 12:27 AM
Last Post: davebucknut
  California Town Proposes Ban on Pride, Black and Women’s History Celebrations Hightop77 6 120 01-03-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  The Tide crime wave rolls on ... Hightop77 41 557 12-08-2023, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Sanitarian2
  Same "crime" Different Justice lrrps21 3 122 10-20-2023, 03:15 PM
Last Post: lrrps21
  Free speech or a crime? P1tchblack 9 193 10-19-2023, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  Poor Man South of Portland ChinaBuck 6 161 10-02-2023, 06:53 PM
Last Post: TroyKidd
  Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson switches to Republican Party P1tchblack 0 73 09-22-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack