Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Keep an open mind! Finding the truth means willingness to listen to many ideas. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Illegal Immigrant quandary: We need workers but they must be legal
With the millions we have here as undocumented why doesn't DC get something done?  Create a system whereby these people can register, gain the paperwork for documentation, get a work card, etc?   This would allow people trying to get into the nation to request for work permits and not sneak in.  States need workers badly.  Idaho considering a Driver's license system:
https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/undocu...nses-idaho

It points to states really being the ones where answers to the nation's problems are addressed as DC is freaking dysfunctional and most of the dems just want to impeach Trump, or other nonsense.   Republicans are plain weak.
Make America Honest Again
But, but, but....I thought illegals were taking American jobs.
(01-12-2020, 09:19 PM)P1tchblack Wrote: But, but, but....I thought illegals were taking American jobs.
Do you EVER post where you simply don't look the fool?   It's incredible.  Here's a novel thought: TRUMP ECONOMY exploding with unemployment at about 50 year low.  These illegals ARE working here bird brain....but the economy is producing so many jobs many are still unfilled.
(01-12-2020, 09:39 PM)zigbee Wrote:
(01-12-2020, 09:19 PM)P1tchblack Wrote: But, but, but....I thought illegals were taking American jobs.
Do you EVER post where you simply don't look the fool?   It's incredible.  Here's a novel thought: TRUMP ECONOMY exploding with unemployment at about 50 year low.  These illegals ARE working here bird brain....but the economy is producing so many jobs many are still unfilled.

Oh, so NOW they're not taking American jobs, but before Trump they were? Is that right?
This argument comes from not being able to see nuance
(01-12-2020, 09:41 PM)P1tchblack Wrote:
(01-12-2020, 09:39 PM)zigbee Wrote:

Oh, so NOW they're not taking American jobs, but before Trump they were? Is that right?
They are taking jobs as illegals and this hurts minorities.   Black unemployment is record low and COULD BE LOWER.   Wow.
(01-12-2020, 07:51 PM)zigbee Wrote: With the millions we have here as undocumented why doesn't DC get something done?  Create a system whereby these people can register, gain the paperwork for documentation, get a work card, etc?   This would allow people trying to get into the nation to request for work permits and not sneak in.  States need workers badly.  Idaho considering a Driver's license system:

It points to states really being the ones where answers to the nation's problems are addressed as DC is freaking dysfunctional and most of the dems just want to impeach Trump, or other nonsense.   Republicans are plain weak.
There is a process to get a work visa or to immigrate. I mean besides sneaking across the border or overstaying a tourist visa. It's just hard to get a visa to stand in front of Home Depot looking for under the table work.
(01-13-2020, 10:14 AM)3rdgensooner Wrote:
(01-12-2020, 07:51 PM)zigbee Wrote: With the millions we have here as undocumented why doesn't DC get something done?  Create a system whereby these people can register, gain the paperwork for documentation, get a work card, etc?   This would allow people trying to get into the nation to request for work permits and not sneak in.  States need workers badly.  Idaho considering a Driver's license system:

There is a process to get a work visa or to immigrate. I mean besides sneaking across the border or overstaying a tourist visa. It's just hard to get a visa to stand in front of Home Depot looking for under the table work.
Agree, I'm speaking more to those here and the millions undocumented working.   A path for them towards legitimacy becoming citizens makes sense.
(01-13-2020, 10:19 AM)zigbee Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 10:14 AM)3rdgensooner Wrote:

Agree, I'm speaking more to those here and the millions undocumented working.   A path for them towards legitimacy becoming citizens makes sense.
Trump supporters came unglued when people like Rubio proffered plans. 
IMO we starve them out. Use e-verify and put some teeth into enforcement. End all public benefits. They'll mostly leave making it easier to make a dent with deportation. But we need to take a long hard look at what we need in the way of workers. Then streamline that visa process. It's the Feds so I don't know if they can in any way make the visa process workable. They're completely incompetent idiots. But that would be a big help.
Trump screwed up the first two years when he had a majority in both Houses. Taking on Healthcare first was too difficult, controversial and ate up too much of the two years. He could have got a lot more done with immigration, infrastructure, etc. Not taking up Healthcare MIGHT have given him the House in the past election.
(01-13-2020, 01:53 PM)Longtoothbuck Wrote: Trump screwed up the first two years when he had a majority in both Houses.  Taking on Healthcare first was too difficult, controversial and ate up too much of the two years.  He could have got a lot more done with immigration, infrastructure, etc.  Not taking up Healthcare MIGHT have given him the House in the past election.
I would agree with this totally.  I think Trump learned a lesson but I can't predict he'd get a second chance with another house, senate of republican majority.  Trump HAS changed the party, though:

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6122021741001#sp=show-clips
(01-13-2020, 02:14 PM)zigbee Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 01:53 PM)Longtoothbuck Wrote: Trump screwed up the first two years when he had a majority in both Houses.  Taking on Healthcare first was too difficult, controversial and ate up too much of the two years.  He could have got a lot more done with immigration, infrastructure, etc.  Not taking up Healthcare MIGHT have given him the House in the past election.
I would agree with this totally.  I think Trump learned a lesson but I can't predict he'd get a second chance with another house, senate of republican majority.  Trump HAS changed the party, though:

In his defense, he thought, as did we as conservatives and Republicans, that Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell actually had a plan to deal with ACA........foolish people that we were.  They had no plan, only empty words.
(01-13-2020, 02:25 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 02:14 PM)zigbee Wrote:

In his defense, he thought, as did we as conservatives and Republicans, that Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell actually had a plan to deal with ACA........foolish people that we were.  They had no plan, only empty words.
True....Trump is learning.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Illegal immigration/asylum/border related thread maize 527 7,865 04-15-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  Remember when leftists said it was illegal for Trump to use military in police roles? K9Buck 2 50 03-07-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Soupcity Kid
  Stellantis lays off Toledo workers davebucknut 3 98 12-08-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: davebucknut
  Elon promises to pay legal bills against employers... K9Buck 4 138 08-07-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: unc4corners
  It should be legal to shoot people engaging in theft K9Buck 65 775 08-06-2023, 05:56 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  The Man With No Legal Identity: Titus Morris Syncro 0 57 07-31-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Syncro
  It is now illegal to commit suicide in North Korea ChinaBuck 14 313 06-11-2023, 05:58 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  N Korean immigrant says that leftism wokeness is the same davebucknut 4 147 02-20-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  1980 Reagan/Bush fail on illegal immigration Hightop77 0 70 01-21-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Hightop77
  Nancy Pelosi says we need illegal immigrants to pick crops TcSoup 7 195 10-01-2022, 07:41 PM
Last Post: davebucknut