Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Police are so funny....
At least the last cop finds this humorous.

Pretty easy to see why Buffalo took 3 years to release the video.

7 Eyewitness News sued city to make video public

Video shows jail attendant beating handcuffed suspect in Buffalo

[font=Georgia, serif]BUFFALO, N.Y. (WKBW) — The City of Buffalo has released surveillance video showing a now-former cell block attendant brutally beating a suspect in handcuffs nearly three years ago.

The city released the video to 7 Eyewitness News and The Buffalo News one day after the Buffalo Common Council approved a $300,000 settlement to Shaun Porter, the inmate who was attacked. The News sued the city to force release of the May 2016 tape. 7 Eyewitness News joined the lawsuit in August 2017, arguing disclosure of tapes showing misconduct in a city jail funded by taxpayers is of significant interest to the public.

[size=undefined][size=undefined]
The video recording shows jail attendant Matthew Jaskula shoving Porter face-first into a metal door at the city lockup. Porter falls to the floor and hits his head before Jaskula drags him, now bleeding, into an empty cell 10 to 15 feet away.[/size][/size]

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/vid...in-buffalo
Pitch, what was your personal experience that soured you on bad cops? Iâ€ve been there also, but I donâ€t hold onto the animosity like you do.
Quote:Hard times make hard men.
Hard men make easy times. 
Easy times make soft men. 
Soft men make hard times.
(02-27-2019, 11:08 PM)dkeener67 Wrote: Pitch, what was your personal experience that soured you on bad cops? Iâ€ve been there also, but I donâ€t hold onto the animosity like you do.

The story....(p!tch's)

I was driving home with a car full of friends and a cop pulled me over.  He asked for the usual: license, registration, etc and asked where we were going, where we're coming from, had we been drinking, etc. Me, being naive at the time, answered all the questions but, as he was giving me my stuff back and wrapping things up, I asked "So, why did you stop me?".  He said "Uhhhhh.... your license plate lights are a little dim."  He clearly made it up because, if he had a reason to stop me, he would have provided that without me asking.  So, as he's walking back to his car, i get out to check my "dim" license plate lights and, as expected, they were both fully functional and not dim in the slightest bit.  He's watching me from inside his car. I look over at him, shake my head and walk back to my car and leave.
The America, and the American Military, that you once knew is gone.
(02-27-2019, 11:12 PM)lrrps21 Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 11:08 PM)dkeener67 Wrote: Pitch, what was your personal experience that soured you on bad cops? Iâ€ve been there also, but I donâ€t hold onto the animosity like you do.

The story....(p!tch's)

I was driving home with a car full of friends and a cop pulled me over.  He asked for the usual: license, registration, etc and asked where we were going, where we're coming from, had we been drinking, etc. Me, being naive at the time, answered all the questions but, as he was giving me my stuff back and wrapping things up, I asked "So, why did you stop me?".  He said "Uhhhhh.... your license plate lights are a little dim."  He clearly made it up because, if he had a reason to stop me, he would have provided that without me asking.  So, as he's walking back to his car, i get out to check my "dim" license plate lights and, as expected, they were both fully functional and not dim in the slightest bit.  He's watching me from inside his car. I look over at him, shake my head and walk back to my car and leave.

So thatâ€s it huh?   So Pitch is black.  Pitchblack.  That would explain a lot.
Quote:Hard times make hard men.
Hard men make easy times. 
Easy times make soft men. 
Soft men make hard times.

The story....(p!tch's)

You can see how that could traumatize the strongest of us.
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED

Yeah, I had a stupid experience too. I don't hold that against all officers years or even worse... decades later.
(02-27-2019, 11:21 PM)dkeener67 Wrote:

The story....(p!tch's)

No...I'm quite white.  No black in me that I'm aware of.  The event described above was, as I meantioned, an "ah ha" moment that reinforced my, at the time (20 years after this incident), change of attitude about police.  I used to be the " criminals deserve whatever they get", until I started to truly understand our rights an innocent citizens.
(02-27-2019, 11:21 PM)dkeener67 Wrote:

The story....(p!tch's)

I have no idea if p!tch is black or not. I do know - by his own story - he's blowing things out of proportion in regards to LE. Before he posted his story I surmised he was dragged out of his vehicle, beaten to an inch of his life, choked, and thrown into a jail cell. All before everybody had a camera and CCTV.

Then I read his experience...

Update: If I had to guess, it's the white guilt thing.
Regarding the video, I didn't see a beating of any kind. They did drag him to the other room, but then gave him a free ride and a private room all to himself. When did this "beating" take place?
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
(02-27-2019, 11:34 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote: Regarding the video, I didn't see a beating of any kind.  They did drag him to the other room, but then gave him a free ride and a private room all to himself.  When did this "beating" take place?

Why would a compliant, non-threatening person have his head slammed against a door, dropped head-first on the ground, and dragged on the floor through the department...then not treated for his injuries.
(02-27-2019, 11:26 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote:

The story....(p!tch's)

You can see how that could traumatize the strongest of us.

He makes it sound like he ran into the Selmon Brothers.
I was about 24-25 and got pulled over for speeding (seemed like I was pulled over once a week back then.  Go figure, I'm white).  It was the month of my birthday but my tags were technically expired.  (As an aside I was a real slob with my car.)  So the cop looks in my car and sees "drug residue" on my seat.  I responded "...you mean the sesamee seeds off my Big Mac?"  Then he demands to look in my trunk.  Mr Constitution responds "you have no legit reason to look in my trunk..."  Guess whose car got towed to an impound lot?
(02-28-2019, 12:29 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: I was about 24-25 and got pulled over for speeding (seemed like I was pulled over once a week back then.  Go figure, I'm white).  It was the month of my birthday but my tags were technically expired.  (As an aside I was a real slob with my car.)  So the cop looks in my car and sees "drug residue" on my seat.  I responded "...you mean the sesamee seeds off my Big Mac?"  Then he demands to look in my trunk.  Mr Constitution responds "you have no legit reason to look in my trunk..."  Guess whose car got towed to an impound lot?

Big Grin

I refused PA State Troopers request to search my vehicle. It was 3:48 am and I was doing 62 mph in a 65 zone. The dude that pulled me over told me I was driving in the left lane which is illegal in PA. I showed him my NC license and asked him the NC law for turning right on red. He had no idea. I told him I could not expect him to know NC laws just like I am not expected to know all PA laws if not posted. His boss agreed. We ended up talking for 10 minutes. When they saw my military I.D. they loosened up. Seemed like nice guys after the fact.

When I first moved to NJ I was pulled over after midnight. The female cop approached my driver's side door while the male cop approached the passenger side door. I asked why I was stopped and she said: "Not many cars like yours in the town" I responded "That's odd. I purchased the vehicle at the Porsche dealership closest to my house. Matter of fact, I could walk to two dealerships in less than 10 minutes from my house. If you wanted my number you should have just asked for it"  Yes, I can be a jerk.  Big Grin
(02-28-2019, 01:10 AM)lrrps21 Wrote:
(02-28-2019, 12:29 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: I was about 24-25 and got pulled over for speeding (seemed like I was pulled over once a week back then.  Go figure, I'm white).  It was the month of my birthday but my tags were technically expired.  (As an aside I was a real slob with my car.)  So the cop looks in my car and sees "drug residue" on my seat.  I responded "...you mean the sesamee seeds off my Big Mac?"  Then he demands to look in my trunk.  Mr Constitution responds "you have no legit reason to look in my trunk..."  Guess whose car got towed to an impound lot?

Big Grin

I refused PA State Troopers request to search my vehicle. It was 3:48 am and I was doing 62 mph in a 65 zone. The dude that pulled me over told me I was driving in the left lane which is illegal in PA. I showed him my NC license and asked him the NC law for turning right on red. He had no idea. I told him I could not expect him to know NC laws just like I am not expected to know all PA laws if not posted. His boss agreed. We ended up talking for 10 minutes. When they saw my military I.D. they loosened up. Seemed like nice guys after the fact.

When I first moved to NJ I was pulled over after midnight. The female cop approached my driver's side door while the male cop approached the passenger side door. I asked why I was stopped and she said: "Not many cars like yours in the town" I responded "That's odd. I purchased the vehicle at the Porsche dealership closest to my house. Matter of fact, I could walk to two dealerships in less than 10 minutes from my house. If you wanted my number you should have just asked for it"  Yes, I can be a jerk.  Big Grin

I asked why I was stopped and she said: "Not many cars like yours in the town"

Exactly what I'm talking about.  Yes, the really bad videos are obviously a problem, but it's the subtle, illegal stops that probably happen thousands of times per day that are part of a bigger problem.
(02-27-2019, 11:38 PM)P1tchblack Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 11:34 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote: Regarding the video, I didn't see a beating of any kind.  They did drag him to the other room, but then gave him a free ride and a private room all to himself.  When did this "beating" take place?

Why would a compliant, non-threatening person have his head slammed against a door, dropped head-first on the ground, and dragged on the floor through the department...then not treated for his injuries.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Police shoot driver in Chicago Soupcity Kid 11 83 04-12-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Sanitarian2
  Remember when leftists said it was illegal for Trump to use military in police roles? K9Buck 2 50 03-07-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Soupcity Kid
  Minneapolis Police officer uses knee to hold down man who can't breath zigbee 1,549 91,212 03-06-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: maize
  Cop taken to jail in own police cruiser after caught shoplifting while in uniform K9Buck 19 311 02-23-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  NY Police finding new and creative ways... P1tchblack 107 1,672 02-19-2024, 05:07 PM
  Nothing about the guy who killed two police officers and a paramedic in Minny? maize 11 207 02-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  I like my Ohio U brethren ...funny guy zigbee 4 92 01-22-2024, 10:45 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Funny skit, how white Democrats view blacks K9Buck 2 91 01-11-2024, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  It seems that police initiated the violence on J6 K9Buck 5 176 11-25-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: davebucknut
  Do you know what's funny about joining other political forums? K9Buck 2 99 10-14-2023, 06:54 AM