Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Keep an open mind! Finding the truth means willingness to listen to many ideas. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cue the circus music
A cop who held her gun against the back of an unarmed man and shot him is getting $57k per year for not working because of the stress of her incompetence....

Ex-cop getting $57K a year in disability due to stress caused by being charged with shooting unarmed man

A former Brown Deer police officer who faced felony charges for shooting an unarmed man in the back is collecting more than $57,000 a year tax-free through duty disability insurance.
Devon Kraemer, 30, could receive the payments for life.

Kraemer was not convicted of aggravated battery because the jury in her February 2018 trial could not agree on a verdict. Two months later, Milwaukee County District Attorney John Chisholm said his office would not retry the case.

In August 2018, Brown Deer Police Chief Mike Kass announced Kraemer, who had been on administrative leave since the shooting, had resigned, effective July 9.  
He did not say that on July 6 Kraemer had applied for duty disability, contending the stress of the shooting and its aftermath had left her unable to work as a police officer. Kass at some point supported the application, which was approved by the state's Employee Trust Fund in the fall of last year.

Kass declined to answer questions from the Journal Sentinel and referred a reporter to the village's attorney in a related civil case, Gregg Gunta. Gunta did not immediately return a message Friday.

Kraemer's new benefits were revealed in court records recently filed in a civil rights lawsuit filed by the man Kraemer shot, Manuel Burnley Jr.

Duty disability insurance, or retirement, provides income replacement for police and firefighters who can no longer do their jobs because of injuries suffered on the job. For most police officers and firefighters outside Milwaukee, the program is administered through Wisconsin Employee Trust Funds.

more:
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/loca...703702001/
She wasn't found GUILTY by a jury.
Now, you have a problem with her disability insurance.
Unarmed isn't a noun, professor.
(01-07-2020, 11:11 AM)BoyGenius Wrote: She wasn't found GUILTY by a jury.

I have an issue with her getting paid to not work because of her own incompetence in doing her job.  If you don't shoot people for no reason, you won't have stress.
(01-07-2020, 11:32 AM)P1tchblack Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 11:11 AM)BoyGenius Wrote: She wasn't found GUILTY by a jury.

I have an issue with her getting paid to not work because of her own incompetence in doing her job.  If you don't shoot people for no reason, you won't have stress.

The answer is yes, you don't like the fact she had disability insurance.
The reality... she saw the opportunity and used this shooting to cash out.
She's no longer a police officer and that's good for everyone.
This guy cursed out the driver.
Refused to obey the police officers.
Resisted the officers.
Caused a scuffle.
Put his hands inside his coat pockets when tensions were elevated.
He's lucky he is not dead.

As stated in tons of threads if this guy does what he's told he's now off cursing others and causing them grief and the officer is working writing tickets to speeders instead of getting paid for "stress".
(01-07-2020, 12:06 PM)unc4corners Wrote: This guy cursed out the driver.
Resisted the officers.
Caused a scuffle.

As stated in tons of threads if this guy does what he's told he's now off cursing others and causing them grief and the officer is working writing tickets to speeders instead of getting paid for "stress".

He was unarmed.  There was no reason to believe he was armed.  Putting your hands in your pockets is not an executable offense in the US of A.  She snapped under the pressure of a standard police activity and wrongly shot an unarmed person...and, as happens too often, got away with it.
(01-07-2020, 11:28 AM)Brutus Buckeye Wrote: Unarmed isn't a noun, professor.
Also he would cue the circus music. Not have it start a line. I propose all his threads be accompanied by circus music.
(01-07-2020, 12:16 PM)P1tchblack Wrote:
Resisted the officers.
Caused a scuffle.

He was unarmed.  There was no reason to believe he was armed.  Putting your hands in your pockets is not an executable offense in the US of A.  She snapped under the pressure of a standard police activity and wrongly shot an unarmed person...and, as happens too often, got away with it.
He was unarmed after the fact.  You put your hands in your pockets during a heated exchange with police and you have a GREAT chance of getting shot.  Period.
I'm not saying this was handled in the correct way but it is another great example of the disprespect of authority by today's society which sometimes results in people getting shot/killed.
(01-07-2020, 12:52 PM)unc4corners Wrote:
Resisted the officers.
Caused a scuffle.

He was unarmed after the fact.  You put your hands in your pockets during a heated exchange with police and you have a GREAT chance of getting shot.  Period.
I'm not saying this was handled in the correct way but it is another great example of the disprespect of authority by today's society which sometimes results in people getting shot/killed.

It's the job of cops to check that.  You can't say "I don't know if he is, so I'm just going to shoot and ask questions later".  That's insanity.  And, as I've said repeatedly, resisting is not punishable by execution unless you're threatening the life of the cop in the process of resisting.  Disrespecting authority is also not punishable by death...in any kind of sane world, anyway.
(01-07-2020, 01:05 PM)P1tchblack Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 12:52 PM)unc4corners Wrote:
Resisted the officers.
Caused a scuffle.

It's the job of cops to check that.  You can't say "I don't know if he is, so I'm just going to shoot and ask questions later".  That's insanity.  And, as I've said repeatedly, resisting is not punishable by execution unless you're threatening the life of the cop in the process of resisting.  Disrespecting authority is also not punishable by death...in any kind of sane world, anyway.
So your solution is to have a suspect pull a gun out and shoot a cop to actually prove he/she has a weapon?  If a person is concealing, it's likely in a pocket, so why would someone reaching into a pocket during a heated exchange not be a warning sign?
I'm a white, decent looking (not thug looking) man and if I get into heated exchange with a police officer and refuse to comply with him and I'm cursing etc, and I reach into my pocket for a cigarette I'm going to get shot.  How's that the officers fault?
(01-07-2020, 01:27 PM)unc4corners Wrote: I'm a white, decent looking (not thug looking) man and if I get into heated exchange with a police officer and refuse to comply with him and I'm cursing etc, and I reach into my pocket for a cigarette I'm going to get shot.  How's that the officers fault?

Because it's not ok to shoot someone who's not threatening you.  What uniform you wear for your job doesn't change that.
Standards were lowered to allow women to become cops. Mechanical force has been replaced with lethal force. Most of my LE friends have told me this often enough to take it as gospel.
The America, and the American Military, that you once knew is gone.
(01-07-2020, 11:32 AM)P1tchblack Wrote: I have an issue with her getting paid to not work because of her own incompetence in doing her job.

Have you ever complained about the huge number of teachers who sit in padded rooms and paid huge sums of money to NOT teach students?

Don't ever pretend that hating cops isn't the hill you're prepared to die on...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What music streaming service do you use? maize 14 78 7 hours ago
Last Post: maize
  Controversial Music ChinaBuck 15 89 04-15-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Music Trivia! zigbee 3,741 272,053 04-15-2024, 05:31 PM
Last Post: dkeener67
  Friday Music That Doesn’t Suck Thread stxbuck 14 135 04-06-2024, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Soupcity Kid
  Step away from overproduced music ChinaBuck 2 59 03-03-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  I thought white, country, music, fans were all a bunch of racists K9Buck 29 475 02-23-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Blinky
  Music Analysis ChinaBuck 4 85 02-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  Favorite instrument to hear in music zigbee 15 175 02-11-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: stxbuck
  Friday Night Music lrrps21 134 9,226 12-22-2023, 09:54 PM
Last Post: maize
  Friday Night Music Soupcity Kid 21 288 10-21-2023, 09:52 AM
Last Post: BWT30