Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Keep an open mind! Finding the truth means willingness to listen to many ideas. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I like thin mints, but....
Man buys $540 worth of cookies to get Girl Scouts out of the cold

Feb. 26 (UPI) -- A man's act of kindness is going viral after he bought $540 worth of Girl Scout cookies to get some kids inside out of the cold.
Kayla Dillard, who manages cookie sales for Troop 1574, said the Girl Scouts were selling cookies outside a Greenville store when the man bought seven boxes of cookies for $40.

Dillard said the man returned moments later and told the girls: "Pack up all of your cookies. I'm taking them all so y'all can get out of this cold."
The man bought a total $540 worth of cookies, Dillard said.

"What an amazing soul. It was about 34 degrees outside that night and we were there for about two hours already before he came," Dillard told CNN. "We all were shocked. The girls were very excited and thankful."

The stranger's act of kindness is going viral, with Dillard's Facebook post being shared thousands of times.

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2019/02/26/...551196244/
News this morning indicated that the guy who did this was picked up on an outstanding warrant, potentially as a result of the facebook post.
He should've laid low and not let this go viral. He's a criminal and now he's in jail.
Well.... that's embarrassing.
Drug dealers are good people.

Another 3vfail thread.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

nah it wasn't a fail at all. It was a feel good story. That had an unseen hook in it.
(02-27-2019, 10:08 AM)Alabuckeye Wrote: nah it wasn't a fail at all.  It was a feel good story.  That had an unseen hook in it.

On come on.  We can just assume at this point that anything Pitch posts is not what it appears to be.  This is just one more.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

(02-27-2019, 10:10 AM)Hightop77 Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 10:08 AM)Alabuckeye Wrote: nah it wasn't a fail at all.  It was a feel good story.  That had an unseen hook in it.

On come on.  We can just assume at this point that anything Pitch posts is not what it appears to be.  This is just one more.

His crime(s) do not negate his act of kindness. But, I suspect Pitch likely posted this because the good guy was black...
(02-27-2019, 11:04 AM)BoyGenius Wrote:

His crime(s) do not negate his act of kindness. But, I suspect Pitch likely posted this because the good guy was black...
I think it does. He was allegedly trafficking in fentanyl. He's essentially a trafficker in human misery and death. Lots of criminals have tried to portray themselves as good guys by giving to the poor for instance through history. It's cynical.

I would not want my little girl to be subsidized by drug money so I do discount his act of kindness.  I totally agree the fact he was black was the motivating factor for starting the thread.

(02-27-2019, 11:20 AM)3rdgensooner Wrote:

I think it does. He was allegedly trafficking in fentanyl. He's essentially a trafficker in human misery and death. Lots of criminals have tried to portray themselves as good guys by giving to the poor for instance through history. It's cynical.

Yeah what a great guy dealing death to addicts. Just a hell of a guy.
The act of kindness still stands... regardless of how many drug users kill themselves.
(02-27-2019, 11:20 AM)3rdgensooner Wrote:

I think it does. He was allegedly trafficking in fentanyl. He's essentially a trafficker in human misery and death.

Unless he's holding people down and putting fentanyl into their bodies, this is a consensual transaction. He's selling things to people who want what he's selling.

Lots of criminals have tried to portray themselves as good guys by giving to the poor for instance through history. It's cynical.
The weather on February 22 - 60° /49°. That's not 'cold'.

He's an idiot from the get go. He sells drugs, used that drug money to buy cookies, and then posts it for the world to see. The GSA should return the money.
The America, and the American Military, that you once knew is gone.
Quote:Unless he's holding people down and putting fentanyl into their bodies, this is a consensual transaction. He's selling things to people who want what he's selling.

Another 'Aleppo' moment for p!tch and his Libertarian friends.
The America, and the American Military, that you once knew is gone.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  House Dems Want To Stop Oil Inflation By Creating Money Out Of Thin Air, Offering Ame computerbuck 1 175 03-23-2022, 04:05 PM
Last Post: davebucknut
  Thin Blue Line vs Transparency P1tchblack 40 11,141 09-16-2020, 06:48 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Chardon HS in Ohio BANS thin blue line flags during FB game zigbee 22 1,598 09-15-2020, 03:27 PM
Last Post: TcSoup
  Thin blue line protecting their own again. P1tchblack 27 1,406 02-03-2020, 07:00 PM
  California's thin blue line.... P1tchblack 98 24,474 03-03-2019, 09:32 PM