Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Keep an open mind! Finding the truth means willingness to listen to many ideas. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher: Is it bad he posed with a corpse?
https://www.foxnews.com/us/navy-secretar...tion-trump
Make America Honest Again
Not at all.  If anything they could have taken a cue from Black Jack Pershing.
(11-23-2019, 07:46 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Not at all.  If anything they could have taken a cue from Black Jack Pershing.
What am I missing?
(11-23-2019, 08:02 PM)zigbee Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 07:46 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Not at all.  If anything they could have taken a cue from Black Jack Pershing.
What am I missing?

I may have been a victim of an urban legend, rural legend, whatever.  

Did U.S. General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing rid the Philippines of Islamic extremism in 1911 by executing a group of Muslim terrorists and burying them in a grave filled with pig's blood and entrails? That is a rumor that has been circulating since September 2001, it is unsubstantiated.
(11-23-2019, 08:24 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 08:02 PM)zigbee Wrote:
What am I missing?

I may have been a victim of an urban legend, rural legend, whatever.  

Did U.S. General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing rid the Philippines of Islamic extremism in 1911 by executing a group of Muslim terrorists and burying them in a grave filled with pig's blood and entrails? That is a rumor that has been circulating since September 2001, it is unsubstantiated.
Agree.  I've read he had bullets dipped in pigs blood too.
What is of more interest I think of Pershing would be the death of his first wife (Senator Warren's Daughter from Wyoming) due to fire AND 3 daughters.  He later wed a European who was 35 years younger than he when he was about 85-86.  He also dated the younger sister of George Patton, who looked just like her brother.

Pershing wrote in his autobiography that "The bodies [of some Moro outlaws] were publicly buried in the same grave with a dead pig."[34][35] This treatment was used against captured juramentado so that the Moro would believe they would be going to hell.[36] Pershing added that "it was not pleasant [for the Army] to have to take such measures".[34][37] Historians do not believe that Pershing was directly involved with such incidents, or that he personally gave such orders to his subordinates. Letters and memoirs from soldiers describing events similar to this do not have credible evidence of Pershing having been personally involved.[38][39] Similarly, the claim made by Donald Trump during his presidential campaign in February 2016 that Pershing executed 49 "Muslim terrorists" with bullets dipped in pig's blood, then let the 50th go free to spread the word about the religious atrocity, which Trump alluded to again while serving as president in August 2017, has been repeatedly debunked by historians, who find no evidence that such an incident occurred.[38][39][40][Notes 2]
Bad? No
Smart? No
The reasons for discouraging this type of behavior are easy to understand.   Military doesn't want our personnel tortured or retaliated against due to this.
(11-23-2019, 09:26 PM)zigbee Wrote: The reasons for discouraging this type of behavior are easy to understand.   Military doesn't want our personnel tortured or retaliated against due to this.

We're not dealing with a traditional enemy though.  Hell they don't even wear uniforms.  They hide behind women and children.  They're filthy punks.  They don't need a reason to do what they do.  They'll do it anyway.
(11-23-2019, 09:38 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 09:26 PM)zigbee Wrote: The reasons for discouraging this type of behavior are easy to understand.   Military doesn't want our personnel tortured or retaliated against due to this.

We're not dealing with a traditional enemy though.  Hell they don't even wear uniforms.  They hide behind women and children.  They're filthy punks.  They don't need a reason to do what they do.  They'll do it anyway.
I do not disagree at all.  I'm just saying why they do all this or have these rules.    Remember the saying, we don't lower ourselves to that level?
(11-23-2019, 09:53 PM)zigbee Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 09:38 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: We're not dealing with a traditional enemy though.  Hell they don't even wear uniforms.  They hide behind women and children.  They're filthy punks.  They don't need a reason to do what they do.  They'll do it anyway.
I do not disagree at all.  I'm just saying why they do all this or have these rules.    Remember the saying, we don't lower ourselves to that level?

I hear ya.  I just get frustrated when we put soldiers in impossible situations and then we look to prosecute their azz when most of us aren't putting our azz on the line.  My ire is directed at politicians, along with the mindset that handcuffs our guys that has slowly begin to grow throughout much of the military brass.

As if they don't/haven't already done that...
Serious lack of class.

The only reason it ever came up was because the prosecuting JAG had to come up with something to keep Admiral Green happy. The same holds true with the effort to take away his trident, along with those of some other, Green is trying to show the world how tough he is on his war fighters.

I think we'll soon see him reassigned or putting in for retirement.

God bless President Trump for standing up for Gallagher.
I proudly voted for Donald J. Trump and will do so again in 2020!!!   Smile
That story about the bullets and pigs blood is apocryphal he. Fake news from 1900. 
I was was actually talking about this today, and said that US troops should be held to a higher standard of post combat discipline. I imagine most people who think posing with a dead corpse on the battlefield is OK probably have a different opinion about football players from FSU taunting players with a throat slash after a late hit.
(11-26-2019, 11:58 AM)stxbuck Wrote:
That story about the bullets and pigs blood is apocryphal he. Fake news from 1900. 
I was was actually talking about this today, and said that US troops should be held to a higher standard of post combat discipline. I imagine most people who think posing with a dead corpse on the battlefield is OK probably have a different opinion about football players from FSU taunting players with a throat slash after a late hit.

Considering that your opponent on the battlefield is actually trying to kill you (and in many cases does far worse things beyond your imagination), yeah it's a tad different. 

Fwiw, I mentioned that the Pershing stuff was likely BS in another post.  Wasn't substantiated.  Urban legend material.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gallagher leaving the House Syncro 90 928 04-05-2024, 10:00 AM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  US Navy blew up Nordstream pipeline davebucknut 111 2,138 02-07-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Man posed as child to lure another man and then murdered him K9Buck 7 167 02-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  US Navy and US Army Announce Recruting Change ChinaBuck 29 456 01-29-2024, 07:39 PM
Last Post: maize
  Former Navy Seal trashes Dan Crenshaw K9Buck 27 489 04-19-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  Official Army/Navy game thread maize 15 282 12-11-2022, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Soupcity Kid
  Gallagher Passes / Watermelon Smasher TcSoup 3 128 11-11-2022, 06:33 PM
Last Post: dunefan
  Woman ignores warnings, gets attacked by momma seal K9Buck 3 234 07-25-2022, 08:21 AM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  Go Army, Beat Navy! Syncro 20 1,188 12-11-2021, 08:30 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  USNS Harvey Milk now graces the Oceans for US Navy zigbee 7 467 11-06-2021, 11:07 PM
Last Post: Blinky