Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Your life doesn't get better by chance. It gets better by change. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SIAP: Chicago Mayor Lightfoot and Teachers Union new deal
Per WSJ... The Union Routs Students in Chicago.

"Michelle Obama the other day complained that white people were leaving the city to escape minorities who are moving in. No, theyâ€re fleeing Chicagoâ€s high taxes and lousy schools—and so are minorities."

Teachers end their strike after the mayor caves on choice and accountability. Contract Details...
  1. 16% raise over five years (not including raises based on longevity)
  2. Three-year freeze on health insurance premiums
  3. Lower insurance copays
  4. Caps on class sizes
  5. More than 450 new social workers and nurses.
  6. New job protections for substitute teachers who going forward may only be removed after conferring with the union about “performance deficiencies.”
  7. Chicago Public Schools will become a “sanctuary district,” meaning school officials wonâ€t be allowed to cooperate with the Immigration and Customs Enforcement without a court order.
  8. Employees will be allowed 10 unpaid days for personal immigration matters.
  9. Under the new contract, a joint union-school board committee will be convened to “mitigate or eliminate any disproportionate impacts of observations or student growth measures” on teacher evaluations.
  10. Instead of student performance, teachers will probably be rated on more subjective measures.
  11. The new union contract caps the number of charter-school seats, so no new schools will be able to open without others closing.

Points 4-11... all productivity killers. Chicago is currently insolvent, they just don't know it. 
ANYONE EVER considered what the cost is to the taxpayer over ILLEGAL people here?  Just read the above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A normal person would think, wow, why is the nation wasting money on people who are here illegally?   It's pure stupidity.
Make America Honest Again
The hell does this even mean?!

"8. Employees will be allowed 10 unpaid days for personal immigration matters."
A large part of Chicago will go the way of Detroit. Sad to say. Great city. 
K-12 public education in America is a failed endeavor and needs to end. Open it up. Fund the kids and let them school anywhere they want as long as the kids or the location they're paying for education meet certain benchmarks.
(11-08-2019, 10:39 AM)3rdgensooner Wrote: A large part of Chicago will go the way of Detroit. Sad to say. Great city. 
K-12 public education in America is a failed endeavor and needs to end. Open it up. Fund the kids and let them school anywhere they want as long as the kids or the location they're paying for education meet certain benchmarks.

See #11...they are well ahead of you
(11-08-2019, 10:43 AM)Syncro Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 10:39 AM)3rdgensooner Wrote: A large part of Chicago will go the way of Detroit. Sad to say. Great city. 

See #11...they are well ahead of you
Oh I know. They know public union employees cannot compete so they have to make sure no one competes with them.
Lol Mrs Obama. 

Any White person who would send their kids to a black inner city public school should be brought up on child abuse charges.
When I told a good friend of mine his union job is in danger he laughed. He told me his union is strong. I told him he will be replaced by illegals who get $25 per hour while the union leaders get raises. He has been working less and less. Last I heard he was laid off since March. His $45 per hour position was replaced by the $25 per illegal. His dad retired. He made $100 per hour changing tires. Yup, that is why the US is broke.

Good news, my friend did take my advice and not get married. His girlfriend dumped him once he told her he was laid off for the summer.

The US needs a hard reset.
DC is a symptom, not the cause. The cause is basic voter stupidity and economic ignorance.
Big Grin 
(11-08-2019, 11:21 AM)Brutus Buckeye Wrote: Lol Mrs Obama. 

Any White person who would send their kids to a black inner city public school should be brought up on child abuse charges.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Does anyone think the union negotiated number 8 or was this something thrown in by the Mayor??
(11-08-2019, 06:36 PM)Soupcity Kid Wrote: Does anyone think the union negotiated number 8 or was this something thrown in by the Mayor??

Unions are taking legals/illegals into the union. They can't fill spots. A very good friend of mine retired after 43 years with the union. He drives from just over the PA border to NYC every day; has for 43 years. He was asked to return half time at full time pay because they can't find people to work. He told me a lot of hispanics who can't speak English are now showing up for work. It's because young men do not want to work in tough conditions and young women do not want to date those that do. It makes no difference these young men will have no student loan debt and make $100k+ a year with a pension waiting on their retirement.

I tell all my friends sons to learn a trade and then go to school later in life. They could afford it without going into debt and might not appeal to them by then either.
DC is a symptom, not the cause. The cause is basic voter stupidity and economic ignorance.
You never see a broke plumber or electrician

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chicago announces existence of 10K uncounted, mail-in, ballots K9Buck 58 797 3 hours ago
Last Post: maize
  Chicago School Board vote unanimously to remove cops from schools ChinaBuck 21 234 02-28-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Dzone1
  Mayor P1tchBlack DeBlasio SHOCKED at these criminals zigbee 172 23,208 02-21-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: maize
  Portland, OR Teachers Strike Syncro 10 255 11-02-2023, 07:52 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Check out this French European Union Fascist K9Buck 7 153 10-14-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: K9Buck
  FBI raids Chicago Bears Defensive Coordinator's home ChinaBuck 19 426 09-25-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson switches to Republican Party P1tchblack 0 73 09-22-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Mayor of Chicago wants to open government-owned grocery stores... K9Buck 22 432 09-17-2023, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  F'ing UAW union TakeThePoints 6 162 09-15-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: lrrps21
  Triggered libtard mayor gets owned by James O'Keefe K9Buck 8 185 09-05-2023, 03:05 AM
Last Post: dkeener67