Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A positive frame of mind goes long way to fruitful outcomes. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private college building new athletic facility in black area = white privilege
Black school wants a new facility too.

By Taylor Durden | October 23, 2019 at 12:05 AM EDT - Updated October 23 at 12:19 AM
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WAVE) - Spalding University officially opens their new athletic complex Wednesday. The university is hopeful the investment will help West Louisville, but neighboring school Simmons College called the new complex a “clear example of white privilege.”

It was the topic of discussion Tuesday at their new event called “Truthful Tuesdays,” that they plan to hold monthly.
Simmons College President Dr. Kevin Cosby said he talked to students at the historically black college last week who said they were disappointed they didnâ€t have the resources other schools like Spalding has.

Simmons College said the new complex was a clear example of white privilege.

“Truthful Tuesday is nothing against Spalding,” Krystal Goodner, spokeswoman for Simmons College, said at Tuesdayâ€s meeting. “This is not a Simmons versus Spalding situation. But what it is is when our students go outside and look at that field, itâ€s almost as if white privilege is being dangled in front of their face. Thatâ€s what it is.”

Dr. Cosby said Simmons College hoped to purchase the property at the corner of 8th Street and Kentucky Street several years ago. Cosby said Ford Motor Company solicited the collegeâ€s support to start an advanced manufacturing plant there, but it didnâ€t work out.

“We had aspirations to own that property but we didnâ€t have the resources, nor do we have the connections with the people who have the resources in order to purchase the property,” Cosby said.

In 2014, Spalding University bought the property. Five years later, the university broke ground on the new athletic complex for soccer and softball. It opens officially Wednesday.

“I donâ€t begrudge Spalding as I said in my earlier remarks,” Cosby said. “I wish Spalding well, but I think that if we want to be a city of justice and equity, what we are doing for one institution, we should do for all institutions. Because our students look at that.”

Simmons College owns some vacant lots near the college. One is located right across the street from the new athletic complex.
When asked if they plan to develop anything there, Dr. Cosby said they are focused right now on regional accreditation for the college.

In a statement, Spalding University President Tori Murden McClure said:
“Spalding greatly values diversity in all our endeavors. Further, Spalding has been committed to its neighborhood for 100 years, and we continue to do our part to improve it. The property where the fields are built was acquired more than five years ago on an unused former industrial site, and we are proud of how the transformation thatâ€s taken place there will help the community.”
Cosby said he sees Spalding University as a sister college and hopes they can become allies, along with other Louisville colleges, to continue conversations about making Louisville a city of justice and equity.

Simmons College will host their monthly "Truthful Tuesdays" once a month.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Simmons is focused right now on regional accreditation for the college... enough said.
Just parasites lobbying for more money which of course will disappear down the endless black hole.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

It's a 99.2% black school and 70% of their students are in the federal loan program and most will either never graduate or will get a worthless degree.  Most of the loans will go into default.  It's just a legalized scam looting the taxpayer and now they complain because a real private college is able to build their own athletic facility and believe they should get one too.  The whole thing is a sick joke that no one locally will say one negative word about.

"but I think that if we want to be a city of justice and equity, what we are doing for one institution, we should do for all institutions. Because our students look at that.”

Lets redistribute the wealth even though I won't give my fair share. The students there will learn entitlements well if that's what the president of the college teaches.
Boobs are proof that men can concentrate on 2 things at the same time
Simmons should focus on getting that accreditation... as of now, those degrees they had out are worthless.
(10-23-2019, 11:08 AM)BoyGenius Wrote: Simmons should focus on getting that accreditation... as of now, those degrees they had out are worthless.

Anybody that would authorize the accreditation of that place has no credibility themselves.  It's just another money grab.

Maybe they should just challenge Spalding to a dance off for the rights to use their facility.

Thats what Georgia Southern and their opponent did to start the 4th Qt last week right on the field.
Of course the Officials were having none of that and penalized every player on both sides with a unsportsmanlike penalty resulting in the ejection of 3 players who had already received one that game. LOl
Kid you not
(10-23-2019, 04:00 PM)TcSoup Wrote: Maybe they should just challenge Spalding to a dance off for the rights to use their facility.
This is a brand new spotless facility.  If Spalding opened it to the people at Simmons, it would be destroyed in no time not to mention people bringing drugs and the like in.  Cosby is another one of these black "religious leaders" who can say anything and no one will criticize him.  How absurd for him to say that because people at Spalding planned and saved and worked a long time to get this facility completed, that his school deserves one too.  Bottom line, hard work, foresight, saving, etc, are to him white privilege.

I always wondered where someone that put in virtually ZERO specific training, that could pop up from the couch and run a 4.4 along with a 41" vertical, in a sport they hyper excel at would fall along the "privileged" spectrum.  [Image: emoji848.png]  

Where, for example, the Olympic 100M final is typically AT LEAST 90% represented by one specific group of people.  Does said group just work that much harder than everyone else, or is it, GASP, a form of "privilege?"  

The only reason I bring this up is because I am constantly reminded how my lame azz, white bred, work-a-day life is somehow a version of privilege, when I see guys that majored in Sports and Recreation pulling down 20 mil a year for tossing a ball through a hoop.  

Full disclosure:  I must confess that "white privilege" is a rage dog whistle for me, but even when I slowly think things through it still doesn't add up for me.  Where is all this "privilege" I allegedly constantly receive?

Disclaimer:  No one is denying this nation's ugly past in regards to treatment of African Americans.  We could write volumes on that.  Now that said, I'm just trying to figure out when the red carpet is supposed to roll out for me.  I hear it's been rolling out for me my whole life, yet I have yet to see it.  I feel cheated.  How 'bout you guys?  Surely you guys were handed almost everything without earning it, right?  Cops allow you to speed and assault people simply because you're white.  Come on, fess up now.
(10-23-2019, 04:19 PM)Hightop77 Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 04:00 PM)TcSoup Wrote: Maybe they should just challenge Spalding to a dance off for the rights to use their facility.
This is a brand new spotless facility.  If Spalding opened it to the people at Simmons, it would be destroyed in no time not to mention people bringing drugs and the like in.  Cosby is another one of these black "religious leaders" who can say anything and no one will criticize him.  How absurd for him to say that because people at Spalding planned and saved and worked a long time to get this facility completed, that his school deserves one too.  Bottom line, hard work, foresight, saving, etc, are to him white privilege.
Oh that was just tongue in cheek comment. 
i agree with all you have said.
My once heart childhood neighborhood is now the blight of the NorthEnd of Columbus.
 And very dark even during the day.
(10-23-2019, 04:30 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: I always wondered where someone that put in virtually ZERO specific training, that could pop up from the couch and run a 4.4 along with a 41" vertical, in a sport they hyper excel at would fall along the "privileged" spectrum.  [Image: emoji848.png]  

Where, for example, the Olympic 100M final is typically AT LEAST 90% represented by one specific group of people.  Does said group just work that much harder than everyone else, or is it, GASP, a form of "privilege?"  

The only reason I bring this up is because I am constantly reminded how my lame azz, white bred, work-a-day life is somehow a version of privilege, when I see guys that majored in Sports and Recreation pulling down 20 mil a year for tossing a ball through a hoop.  

Full disclosure:  I must confess that "white privilege" is a rage dog whistle for me, but even when I slowly think things through it still doesn't add up for me.  Where is all this "privilege" I allegedly constantly receive?

Disclaimer:  No one is denying this nation's ugly past in regards to treatment of African Americans.  We could write volumes on that.  Now that said, I'm just trying to figure out when the red carpet is supposed to roll out for me.  I hear it's been rolling out for me my whole life, yet I have yet to see it.  I feel cheated.  How 'bout you guys?  Surely you guys were handed almost everything without earning it, right?  Cops allow you to speed and assault people simply because you're white.  Come on, fess up now.

Black babies mature faster than Asian and white babies. They teethe earlier and reach in more coordinated and accurate manners. Black kids bodies mature faster than Asian and white kids bodies. Black teens physically mature faster than Asian and white teens. That's where it ends.
The America, and the American Military, that you once knew is gone.
If thatâ€s where it ends you should see a 100m final featuring 19 year old blacks and 25 year old whites and Asians.  There obviously has to be something more.  A “privilege” of some sort, if you will.  

To be clear here Iâ€m just trying to make a point.  Iâ€m not going all Aryan Nation on you guys.  Itâ€s the privilege thing that just rubs me the wrong way.  On that note, Iâ€d like to know how long each school has been around.  The amount of donors.  Tuition fees.  Etc...  Point of course is that there are other factors than simply “white privilege” at play here

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proving you are black...how to prove it to avoid paying taxes? zigbee 18 145 04-12-2024, 06:06 AM
Last Post: dunefan
  It's incredible what SOME black people can and do say about white people zigbee 21 152 04-05-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: davebucknut
  Really? Yelling N word at female college Utah BB players?? zigbee 40 468 04-05-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  TWIP:Building Bridges Back Better Edition Iowa Mels 2 32 03-31-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  When will white people learn? (Jordan Neely) K9Buck 334 6,926 03-29-2024, 12:45 PM
Last Post: lrrps21
  The epidemic of black-on-white violence K9Buck 258 4,050 03-25-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: lrrps21
  The VIOLENT criminality of white people P1tchblack 235 4,522 03-13-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  NAACP asks Black Athletes to Boycott Florida unc4corners 10 146 03-12-2024, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Syncro
  black pilled, deep state, election rigging, etc... ScarletHayes 14 255 03-07-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Trans dude that showed off his fake tits at White House... K9Buck 2 58 03-05-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck