Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Curious...
How can a judge strike down a law that was voted on and passed by the people? Like in this NC case.

https://indyweek.com/news/northcarolina/...e-tax-cap/
Boobs are proof that men can concentrate on 2 things at the same time
This is not unusual at all. Obviously a law voted in by people can be unconstitutional, and if deemed so, a judge should strike it down.
I think 70% of the judges today are just SJW's masquerading as judges.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

(02-22-2019, 06:52 PM)cincydawg Wrote: This is not unusual at all.  Obviously a law voted in by people can be unconstitutional, and if deemed so, a judge should strike it down.

You would think that would be decided before it went through the election process.
There will be a civil war in this country again.  This time the effete elites, and their mouth breathing voters, vs regular Americans.  This is now beyond out of control.  And the left believes in democracy?  Lol.  Apparently Only when it's radical anti American lunacy
That ruling can be appealed all the way to the state supreme court and should.
Make America Honest Again
(02-22-2019, 06:52 PM)cincydawg Wrote: This is not unusual at all.  Obviously a law voted in by people can be unconstitutional, and if deemed so, a judge should strike it down.

Most people have no clue what's constitutional.
Again here's what I don't get, Just common sense, I people vote for a certain bill and it passes, how can a judge just wave his hand and say nope, I don't think it's right regardless, so all of you people who voted for it tough sh!t. There has to be some sort of process not just a Superior Court judge.

"One man with a political axe to grind invalidated millions of votes and potentially dozens of laws, including the state budget," Sen. Ralph Hise, a Mitchell County Republican, said in referring to Collins, a registered Democrat.
The state of California voted down gay marriage (or some gay related social engineering topic).  Yes, California.  And it wasn't that long ago.  Maybe 15 years ago.  Yeah, a judge threw it out.  He knew better than the voters.  Incredible.
(02-23-2019, 12:00 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: The state of California voted down gay marriage (or some gay related social engineering topic).  Yes, California.  And it wasn't that long ago.  Maybe 15 years ago.  Yeah, a judge threw it out.  He knew better than the voters.  Incredible.

(02-22-2019, 10:51 PM)P1tchblack Wrote:

Most people have no clue what's constitutional.

At least 4 members of the USSC and numerous federal judges have the same problem.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Again stupid me, I thought voting(majority) was the ultimate in decisions. How wrong I am.
(02-23-2019, 11:34 AM)buckeyewalt Wrote: Again stupid me, I thought voting(majority) was the ultimate in decisions. How wrong I am.

walt, the Founding Fathers attempted to create a constitutional republic where the minority would not be subject to the tyranny of the majority.  That means they provided for specific constitutional rights that democracy could not just take away with legislation.  Unfortunately our judiciary decided at some point to inject their ideas about social justice and politics into it and so they don't really care what the Constitution actually says and thus apply it based on their political views.  I think many laws have been passed that are actually unconstitutional and many laws have been overturned by judges that actually were constitutional.  That is what happens when we moved away from the Constitution and what it actually says.  We have 4 Supreme Court justices that admit they don't care what the Constitution says because to them it is a changeable "living breathing" document.

(02-23-2019, 11:34 AM)buckeyewalt Wrote: Again stupid me, I thought voting(majority) was the ultimate in decisions. How wrong I am.

Well, it's gotta pass constitutional muster.  F. E. You could technically vote away another person's rights and a judge would be right to strike that down.  That said, in this case(s)  I just don't see how either of these issues are unconstitutional.
The Constitution is the highest law of the land.

Whether some law passed by the people is Constitutional can't be determined until the courts rule on it.

We have laws on the books today that have never been adjudicated and could be struck down.

Checks and balances.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BWWWAAHAHAHAHAHA....we'll cut up this cadaver in front of paying and curious folk zigbee 2 254 11-07-2021, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Blinky
  Curious- How close has it gotten to you? Alabuckeye 36 5,132 04-22-2020, 09:06 PM
Last Post: lrrps21
  Be Curious To See.... BWT30 7 595 10-04-2019, 09:15 AM
Last Post: lrrps21
  I’m curious about this girl BigDroppa 6 790 08-10-2019, 09:39 AM
Last Post: sparky454
  Curious what "white women" would want to attend this... BoyGenius 12 871 05-31-2019, 07:06 AM
Last Post: cincydawg