Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A Big Bang led to star being born.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kurds, Turkey and Syria
looking on the first two pages I see no discussion about this....Iâ€ve been away so maybe I missed it. 

What is the opinion of the Trump administration decision?

We didnâ€t have many(a couple hundred if that) troops there...

The Kurds have been staunch allies. 

This move will likely cause release of many isis fighters 

We donâ€t want to put our troops in harms way any more than necessary. 

The only valid opinion Iâ€ve heard is my cousin who retired from AF spec ops last year. Heâ€s a staunch Trumper but heâ€s royally ticked at the president here. Thinks weâ€ve sold out a valuable ally
(10-10-2019, 05:00 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: looking on the first two pages I see no discussion about this....Iâ€ve been away so maybe I missed it. 

What is the opinion of the Trump administration decision?

We didnâ€t have many(a couple hundred if that) troops there...

The Kurds have been staunch allies. 

This move will likely cause release of many isis fighters 

We donâ€t want to put our troops in harms way any more than necessary. 

The only valid opinion Iâ€ve heard is my cousin who retired from AF spec ops last year. Heâ€s a staunch Trumper but heâ€s royally ticked at the president here. Thinks weâ€ve sold out a valuable ally
It should be discussed.  I think the John Bolton dismissal is a part of this.  I really don't know enough about the situation to say who is right or wrong but I do think the US should not have to shoulder the entire world's security.   What is the payoff here?  A more secure US?
Make America Honest Again
The Kurd's were our allies and sacrificed much. We should not have abandoned them. Hopefully Trump will wake up to this and do something to protect them. They deserve a land of their own.
This is one of the few things Trump has done that I disagree with.
It is funny how all the pacifist lefties are so outraged. If Obama had done it, they would be swooning over his wisdom.
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
I heard comment today that this is why Mattis resigned
(10-10-2019, 05:13 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote: The Kurd's were our allies and sacrificed much.  We should not have abandoned them.  Hopefully Trump will wake up to this and do something to protect them.  They deserve a land of their own.
This is one of the few things Trump has done that I disagree with.
It is funny how all the pacifist lefties are so outraged.  If Obama had done it, they would be swooning over his wisdom.
It is funny how the pacifists are up in arms
Does anyone know what or which European nations help with middle eastern security?  don't they stand to benefit most?
Betrayal Is American Foreign Policy... https://www.truthdig.com/articles/betray...gn-policy/

... the (mostly) good news: President Trump appears poised, finally, to end the U.S. military mission in Northeast Syria. The move would constitute the first actual follow-through on the promises of candidate Trump to avoid “stupid” and terminate “endless” Mideast wars. Thatâ€s no small thing.

Nevertheless, the way the mission appears to be ending promises great (if ultimately unavoidable) human suffering, especially for Syriaâ€s Kurdish minority. Specifically, Trump has sold out his Kurdish partners, the main ground force that defeated the territorial Islamic State from 2014-19, suffering some 11,000 battle deaths in the process. Itâ€s not just that the US military is leaving, but Washington has veritably green-lighted an impending Turkish Army and Air Force invasion of Northeast Syria.

The result will be war, slaughter, potential ethnic cleansing, and perhaps even the resurgence of ISIS.
Rand Paul agrees with the decision.  Bottom line is Trump ran on keeping us out of these messes and he has kept most of his promises.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

(10-10-2019, 05:26 PM)BoyGenius Wrote: Betrayal Is American Foreign Policy... https://www.truthdig.com/articles/betray...gn-policy/

... the (mostly) good news: President Trump appears poised, finally, to end the U.S. military mission in Northeast Syria. The move would constitute the first actual follow-through on the promises of candidate Trump to avoid “stupid” and terminate “endless” Mideast wars. Thatâ€s no small thing.

Nevertheless, the way the mission appears to be ending promises great (if ultimately unavoidable) human suffering, especially for Syriaâ€s Kurdish minority. Specifically, Trump has sold out his Kurdish partners, the main ground force that defeated the territorial Islamic State from 2014-19, suffering some 11,000 battle deaths in the process. Itâ€s not just that the US military is leaving, but Washington has veritably green-lighted an impending Turkish Army and Air Force invasion of Northeast Syria.

The result will be war, slaughter, potential ethnic cleansing, and perhaps even the resurgence of ISIS.
What is the end game for Turkey here?  Complete control of Syria to protect its borders?
(10-10-2019, 05:29 PM)Hightop77 Wrote: Rand Paul agrees with the decision.  Bottom line is Trump ran on keeping us out of these messes and he has kept most of his promises.

Withdrawing troops could have been made years earlier. They weren't. Citing campaign promises is a ruse, dare I say a lie. Everything about this decision makes Trump appear weak as if he was strong armed by Turkey.
(10-10-2019, 05:58 PM)BoyGenius Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 05:29 PM)Hightop77 Wrote: Rand Paul agrees with the decision.  Bottom line is Trump ran on keeping us out of these messes and he has kept most of his promises.

Withdrawing troops could have been made years earlier. They weren't. Citing campaign promises is a ruse, dare I say a lie. Everything about this decision makes Trump appear weak as if he was strong armed by Turkey.

Is it worth American lives so Trump won't appear weak?
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

(10-10-2019, 06:25 PM)JHightop77 Wrote:
(10-10-2019, 05:58 PM)BoyGenius Wrote:

Is it worth American lives so Trump won't appear weak?
Has Trump EVER misstepped in your opinion?  Even when he hangs out allies to dry?  And die?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will Turkey's Erdogan survive the upcoming election? ChinaBuck 3 74 05-09-2023, 09:59 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  UPDATE FOR CHINA: New 6.4 magnitude earthquake hits southern Turkey computerbuck 4 125 02-20-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: maize
  7.8 magnitude earthquake causes devastation in Turkey, Syria computerbuck 7 200 02-10-2023, 11:26 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Don't call us Turkey anymore zigbee 4 235 06-03-2022, 12:07 AM
Last Post: TroyKidd
  For you bible doubters - drying Euphrates threatens disaster in Syria computerbuck 22 1,105 09-02-2021, 04:57 PM
Last Post: lrrps21
  Jose bombs Syria P1tchblack 31 3,946 02-27-2021, 07:19 PM
Last Post: cincydawg
  Prophecy Alert: "Russia, Turkey, Iran Blame Israel" (Gog and MaGog) computerbuck 0 411 07-03-2020, 09:38 AM
Last Post: computerbuck
  Breaking “Mega 6.7 Quake Smashes Turkey Many Dead Hundreds Injured” computerbuck 4 781 01-25-2020, 09:08 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Popeyes to offer Thanksgiving Turkey Feast for 39.99 zigbee 6 402 11-26-2019, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Brutus Buckeye
  Trump + Turkey and dressing = problematic holiday according to MSNBC zigbee 12 715 11-12-2019, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Alabuckeye