Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am more than willing to take sussgestions
Please use this to list suggestions you might have for our site.

Thanks!!

MAGA
Probably things you're already working on. An Ohio State themed header and color scheme.
Suggestion: Notify us of the annual costs of maintaining the site. With as much use as many of us get out of it, I suspect most would be willing to should a portion of that cost.
(02-06-2019, 12:02 AM)sparky454 Wrote: Probably things you're already working on. An Ohio State themed header and color scheme.

Not K-State themed? I vote for Crimson and Cream and calling it the New Land Thieves.
(02-06-2019, 12:25 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: Suggestion: Notify us of the annual costs of maintaining the site. With as much use as many of us get out of it, I suspect most would be willing to should a portion of that cost.

I will.  As mentioned I'll set up a paypal site soon and let people contribute.  We are good for one year as is.  The GoDaddy domain purchase is what costs.

I'm really not going to change the color or theme.  I think since we have users from all over the nation it's fine being neutral.  Thanks for suggesting.

MAGA
(02-06-2019, 12:32 PM)3rdgensooner Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 12:02 AM)sparky454 Wrote: Probably things you're already working on. An Ohio State themed header and color scheme.

Not K-State themed? I vote for Crimson and Cream and calling it the New Land Thieves.

Thought about it but figured it'd go over like a fart in church. Speaking of K-State enjoyed watching them beat the Jayhawks last night.
(02-06-2019, 01:24 PM)zigbee Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 12:25 PM)Alabuckeye Wrote: Suggestion: Notify us of the annual costs of maintaining the site. With as much use as many of us get out of it, I suspect most would be willing to should a portion of that cost.

I will.  As mentioned I'll set up a paypal site soon and let people contribute.  We are good for one year as is.  The GoDaddy domain purchase is what costs.

I'm really not going to change the color or theme.  I think since we have users from all over the nation it's fine being neutral.  Thanks for suggesting.

I like it.  It's easy on the eyes.  Function before form.
Don't know if this can be done on a MyBB board but thought I'd throw it out. On many boards if you place the mouse pointer over the title of the thread the OP comes up in a box so you can see what the thread is about. Many times I'll click on a thread only to find out it isn't close to what I thought it was about. Not a big deal, but it would be a nice thing to have.
(02-06-2019, 11:31 PM)sparky454 Wrote: Don't know if this can be done on a MyBB board but thought I'd throw it out. On many boards if you place the mouse pointer over the title of the thread the OP comes up in a box so you can see what the thread is about. Many times I'll click on a thread only to find out it isn't close to what I thought it was about. Not a big deal, but it would be a nice thing to have.

Agree again with you.  Won't happen.  This one is designed to allow change to the title by OP and admin. and mods by holding he pointer over the titles.

MAGA
It was a thought.
One thing that I like on other forums like this is a link at the top of the page that takes you down to the bottom and a link at the bottom that takes you to the top.
In my humble opinion, threads should be posted that are geared toward engendering discussion.  For instance, posting a thread with the title "Why illegal immigration is actually BAD for our economy" is probably a winner.  Starting a thread with the title "Polar bear gets stuck in tractor tire" is unlikely to garner even a click, let alone any responses.  On the last forum, we had a poster that used to like to post several of those types of stories per day that just knocked better threads onto the next page and which did nothing to foster conversation.  My advice would be to encourage the former and dissuade the latter.  Not everyone's threads are going to be a home run, but when one is posting 3-5 of them per day with few to no responses, they should figure out that nobody is really interested in such content.