Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Gotta love the gub'ment
DMVs are selling your data and making millions, documents reportedly reveal
Motor vehicle departments around the United States are taking drivers' personal information and selling it to a range of businesses, including private investigators, generating millions of dollars in revenue, said a scathing new report.

According to Motherboard, which obtained hundreds of pages of documents through public records requests, members of the public are likely not even aware that the data they're obligated to provide is being sold -- in some instances, to private investigators who specifically advertise they'll surveil spouses to see if they're cheating.

"You need to learn what theyâ€ve been doing, when theyâ€ve been doing it, who theyâ€ve been doing it with and how long it has been going on. You need to see proof with your own eyes," says the website of Integrity Investigations, one private investigator company that purchases data from DMVs.

The Virginia DMV has sold data to 109 private investigator firms, while the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission has sold data to at least 16 private investigation firms, according to spreadsheets viewed by Motherboard. In addition, records obtained by the news outlet revealed that the Wisconsin DMV made more than $17 million selling drivers' data.

more:
https://www.foxnews.com/tech/dmvs-sellin...nts-reveal
We've long crossed the Rubicon.  Not only is the govt (in general) NOT working on our behalf, but they are now working against us as well.  Who is serving whom here?  #HARDRESET
Fwiw, I'm also a tad curious as to where that cash is going. [Image: emoji848.png] Sounds like a worthwhile investigation to me.
it does sound like a worthwhile investigation.
City Shuts Down Preschoolâ€s Produce Stand Over Worries That It Could Lead To Too Many Fresh Food Stands

Imagine a city where every block or so is a small stand selling fresh produce grown in residents†yards. You walk down the street and get your tomatoes at one house, some lettuce at another, and then maybe a cucumber or bell pepper. In a short jaunt, youâ€ve got a salad and your neighbors have a few dollars for their efforts.

Sounds great, right? Well, not to the city manager of Forest Park, a suburb of Atlanta.

Forest Park is the home of Little Ones Learning Center, a preschool that is part of the growing farm-to-school movement. Students at the school learn not only how to plant and care for a garden, they also learn to appreciate nutritious food. Little Ones†program has been widely praised. In 2015, then-first lady of Georgia Sandra Deal visited the school to see the gardens and meet the little gardeners. To spread the benefits to their broader community, the school started operating a farm stand twice a month.

A code enforcement officer cited the stand for operating in a residential zone and for posing a “safety concern” since cars were parked near the stand. City Manager Angela Redding defended the closure and opposes efforts to change the cityâ€s code to legalize the stand. She told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, “If we change the ordinance, then that means every person in a residential area could have a farm stand, and we could end up with one on every corner.”

City officials say that the school may only operate a stand if it is located on city property and is properly permitted. The stand sold around $150 worth of produce a day, meaning the $50 permit fee would significantly cut into the schoolâ€s revenue. Also, there is no nearby city property, defeating the point of making fresh produce more readily available to a community with few healthy options. Okunoren-Meadows said of her students, “If theyâ€re going to Piggly Wiggly and all theyâ€re seeing is Taki chips and chemicals, thatâ€s all theyâ€ll know.”

more:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/institutefo...b76c3c3662
Sounds like we should be able to keep our AR's.
what if you sit out at your veggie stand and defend it with your AR-15
(09-24-2019, 08:13 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: We've long crossed the Rubicon.  Not only is the govt (in general) NOT working on our behalf, but they are now working against us as well.  Who is serving whom here?  #HARDRESET
Overthrow is long overdue.
FBI Agents Find Fentanyl at DC Government Office

FBI agents investigating a drug operation raided a D.C. government office Tuesday and found fentanyl at a workspace, according to court documents.[Image: shutterstock_612694196.jpg]
Darrell Marcellus Pope and his wife are on leave from the D.C. Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs.
Undercover agents caught Pope selling thousands of dollars of fentanyl and heroin, often times outside his government office just a few feet from an elementary school, according to court documents. The drug ring stretched from Woodbridge, Virginia, to D.C. to Popeâ€s Clinton, Maryland, home.

The operation employed drivers who regularly drove people from Prince William County to D.C. so they could buy drugs from Pope, according to court documents. The drugs were sold at $100 per gram. In at least one sale, Pope was seen with a Glock 9mm pistol.

More:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcwash...ml%3famp=y
(10-02-2019, 03:30 PM)P1tchblack Wrote: FBI Agents Find Fentanyl at DC Government Office

Darrell Marcellus Pope and his wife are on leave from the D.C. Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs.
Undercover agents caught Pope selling thousands of dollars of fentanyl and heroin, often times outside his government office just a few feet from an elementary school, according to court documents. The drug ring stretched from Woodbridge, Virginia, to D.C. to Popeâ€s Clinton, Maryland, home.
[Image: EFZpQvpX4AYkuxX?format=png&name=small]
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

(10-02-2019, 03:49 PM)Hightop77 Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 03:30 PM)P1tchblack Wrote: FBI Agents Find Fentanyl at DC Government Office

Why do you think God made black people?
(10-02-2019, 05:49 PM)P1tchblack Wrote:

So you can kiss their ass and make excuses for them?
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

(10-02-2019, 07:47 PM)Hightop77 Wrote:

Please try again....
(10-03-2019, 09:38 AM)P1tchblack Wrote:

Please try again....

No, I think I am right.

(10-03-2019, 09:40 AM)Hightop77 Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 09:38 AM)P1tchblack Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 03:49 PM)Hightop77 Wrote: [Image: EFZpQvpX4AYkuxX?format=png&name=small]

Please try again....

No, I think I am right.

What is that based on?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gotta give Zig props Soupcity Kid 35 320 04-17-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  As I always say, white folks gotta get out of blue jurisdictions K9Buck 1 67 01-28-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TakeThePoints
  I love poetic justice TakeThePoints 12 231 10-18-2023, 05:48 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Gotta watch those white mormons P1tchblack 0 72 06-28-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  I love Babylon Bee P1tchblack 0 72 05-01-2023, 10:59 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  I confess. I love trolling CNN parrots K9Buck 4 117 03-18-2023, 04:40 AM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Pie are not square. I'd bet you'd LOVE a slice of this on 3.14 zigbee 20 411 03-16-2023, 02:50 PM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  It may be a sin but I LOVE saying this to leftists K9Buck 6 148 02-27-2023, 03:00 PM
Last Post: K9Buck
  I LOVE watching dem run states destroy themselves with stupidity zigbee 13 333 01-24-2023, 10:23 AM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  Death row is safer than the City of Brotherly Love Hightop77 1 108 12-27-2022, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Bonebuck