Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A Big Bang led to star being born.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colt Manufacturing LLC
They are suspending the making of AR's for civilians.
Angry
(09-19-2019, 08:37 PM)unc4corners Wrote: They are suspending the making of AR's for civilians.
Angry
Political pressure.
Make America Honest Again
Believe their reasoning is there are enough rifles on the market for the foreseeable future and are going to focus on military orders. Don't see this as abandonaba the civilian market.
Nothing but taking a knee under political pressure.
I'll never buy a Colt gun, ever.
“On the other hand, our warfighters and law enforcement personnel continue to demand Colt rifles and we are fortunate enough to have been awarded significant military and law enforcement contracts. Currently, these high-volume contracts are absorbing all of Coltâ€s manufacturing capacity for rifles,” he said.
And so it begins...   the back door repealing of the 2nd A.   Already have the back door attacks on the 1st amendment.  Might as well go for the gold.  And all the while our members of congress sit there with the Alfred E Neuman looks on their face maintaining that they haven't done any of this.  

Boxing us all in, one company, one product at a time.
(09-19-2019, 10:00 PM)BoyGenius Wrote: “On the other hand, our warfighters and law enforcement personnel continue to demand Colt rifles and we are fortunate enough to have been awarded significant military and law enforcement contracts. Currently, these high-volume contracts are absorbing all of Coltâ€s manufacturing capacity for rifles,” he said.

He failed to mention the lowest bidder angle...
DC is a symptom, not the cause. The cause is basic voter stupidity and economic ignorance.
To be fair, Colt AR's are crap. Too many other options out there these days.

Get woke, go broke. They'll change their mind when the financials come in soon enough.
(09-20-2019, 07:49 AM)Syncro Wrote: To be fair, Colt AR's are crap.  Too many other options out there these days.

Get woke, go broke.  They'll change their mind when the financials come in soon enough.

Dickâ€s Sporting Goods, disagrees.
(09-20-2019, 08:06 AM)Orbit1 Wrote: Dickâ€s Sporting Goods, disagrees.

The difference here being, one is a sporting goods retailer who is expanding it's retail outlets across the country and sells many thousands of diverse items...the other is a firearm manufacturer that has been going to ***** for years then proceeds to kick itself in it's own dick by discontinuing one of it's only revenue generating products.

I couldn't care less. I own no Colt AR's because they are crap. I do love me some vintage Pythons though

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  And now...renaissance in American Manufacturing thanks to supply chain snafu zigbee 4 293 11-04-2021, 01:15 PM
Last Post: wydileie
  President Trump policies behind JUMP in manufacturing?? zigbee 0 358 04-02-2021, 08:36 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Tech firms moving manufacturing out of China K9Buck 5 497 07-06-2019, 04:00 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes