Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A positive outlook is what leads to positive results.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owners don't believe in mixed-race marriages, refuse to rent their facility
I have only one question.  On which planet are these people hatched?  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...liefs.html
Apparently these people aren't aware they no longer live in a free country.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

(09-02-2019, 08:51 AM)Hightop77 Wrote: Apparently these people aren't aware they no longer live in a free country.

Exactly.  Their justification is nuts (they use the Bible as their excuse.  I have yet to come across that verse), but whatever.  

Everyone in America has rights today EXCEPT...  property/business owners.  Things that make ya go hmmmmm [Image: emoji848.png]
(09-02-2019, 08:51 AM)Hightop77 Wrote: Apparently these people aren't aware they no longer live in a free country.

I think that they should be free to deny the use of their property.  But I also think they're pretty bigoted and intolerant.  But, yea, they should be free to be intolerant bigots.
They should be free to deny service whether we agree with the reason or not.

There is nowhere in the Bible that supports their views
(09-02-2019, 09:00 AM)Alabuckeye Wrote: They should be free to deny service whether we agree with the reason or not.

Correct.
I'm glad that I am not in the wedding business.
(09-02-2019, 09:00 AM)Alabuckeye Wrote: They should be free to deny service whether we agree with the reason or not.

The only thing I could think of was OT times regarding God's warning to Jewish men to not marry Gentile women.  But the warning was for specific reasons meant for that time and place.  Backsliding/falling away from God was the concern, and right on cue the Lord was right.   Imagine that.  

Today there is no justification (Christians, Jews, etc...  come in all colors, shapes and sizes).  Nor was there a mention regarding this in the NT.  Not to my knowledge anyway.
I appreciate their stand.

If you have the right to refuse to cater gay weddings on religious grounds, you should have the right to refuse to cater interracial weddings as well, if they also go against your religious beliefs.
Bottom line is they should not have to bring up their religious views to deny service to groups they don't want to associate or do business with.  Having these various protected classes like blacks and LGBT's chips away at our liberty.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

(09-02-2019, 09:26 AM)Hightop77 Wrote: Bottom line is they should not have to bring up their religious views to deny service to groups they don't want to associate or do business with.  Having these various protected classes like blacks and LGBT's chips away at our liberty.

Agree, but it's also a dumb business model.  This is all over the internet now.  These people may never recover their reputation from this.  Could eventually cost 'em their business.  But hey, that's the free market/free society at work.  That's how we are supposed to roll.  Let the people decide.
They are in Mississippi. They'll be all right.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How is it that a Republican won Georgia governor's race before & after 2020 elections K9Buck 221 2,192 03-15-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Steve Garvey vs. Adam Schiff, California senate race K9Buck 45 511 03-08-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Want to bet these charges dropped and race card appears? zigbee 2 62 03-04-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: TakeThePoints
  BG/BM7 living rent free in the NH. ScarletHayes 9 140 01-05-2024, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  The far-left and far-right race to the bottom continues P1tchblack 14 304 12-22-2023, 01:23 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Has anything the left has done made race relations better? zigbee 2 103 12-19-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Syncro
  The government blocking evictions of tenants who don't pay their rent... K9Buck 0 75 05-10-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: K9Buck
  Critical race theory is 100% being taught in nearly every school now davebucknut 13 279 01-21-2023, 01:10 AM
  How one guy impacted the Senate Race in Georgia TcSoup 4 156 11-11-2022, 09:36 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Virginia Governor Race Beastdog 239 6,424 09-27-2022, 10:14 AM