Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that shouldn’t be forgotten
Embarrassing but she made up for it....

By being hotter than a firecracker.[Image: emoji1357.png]
Make America Honest Again
Is THE Ohio State University's legal department gonna sue The Iraq over trademark infringement of "The"?
I like how she continued after the bell, as if that were a train of thought that needed to be concluded.
I don't know what it is, but I can't stand to watch people bomb in a public setting.  Some people love it.  I know Norm McDonald loves it when comedians bomb.  He thinks it's a hoot if he personally bombs.
I don't view that as bombing really.  Maybe she misheard the question?  

How do you win a state title if you can't respond semi-coherently to questions?
Maybe it's my disdain for public speaking that helps me empathize for people in these situations.  I told myself once I got out of college I was done tap dancing like a monkey for lazy sadist college profs.  Forcing people to do that is sadistic as hell.
She chose that line of "work".  It's on her.
(09-02-2019, 09:49 AM)cincydawg Wrote: She chose that line of "work".  It's on her.

No question.  Just giving my perspective on why I can't watch that stuff.
I got used to "public speaking".  It doesn't bother me.  I just think she didn't have a clue there.

We were expected to give a 50 minute seminar when we interviewed for jobs.  It was a make or break kind of thing.
(09-02-2019, 09:55 AM)cincydawg Wrote: I got used to "public speaking".  It doesn't bother me.  I just think she didn't have a clue there.

We were expected to give a 50 minute seminar when we interviewed for jobs.  It was a make or break kind of thing.

I dropped out of college because of all the presentations I was looking at having to give.  I eventually went back because my desire for the degree outweighed my fear of PS.  I look at it like this: if I wanted to give presentations I would have majored in business, marketing, Poli Sci, Education, etc...  Those are fields where PS is heavily used.  Forcing people to do that to me is just ridiculous.  Of course the counter argument would be "what are they gonna do when they have to do it in the workplace?"  My response is that doing a presentation in school isn't going to make them any less nervous when they have to give one at work 5 years later. 

Anyway, I realize what went on with the girl here isn't exactly the same thing.  Just giving my reasons for empathizing with these people.
I think "practicing" public speaking does make it a lot easier down the road.

Most of us don't do it "naturally", it just takes some experience, I think.  Worked for me.

I rather enjoy it now, don't get many opps for it of course.
She shouldâ€ve just said they canâ€t find it on the map because our education system sucks.
Btw she played it up for a few minutes in the limelight. I think she was on Amazing Race and maybe a few others.
(09-02-2019, 10:12 AM)cincydawg Wrote: I think "practicing" public speaking does make it a lot easier down the road.

Most of us don't do it "naturally", it just takes some experience, I think.  Worked for me.

There was a period of time where I got used to it in college.  I think there was a quarter where I was giving them in virtually every class I took.  The reason of course is that I had put those classes off and was taking them all at once.  I got sort of comfortable with it during that phase, but my natural disdain for it eventually came back.  To me it's the anticipation more than anything else.  Once I get going I'm ok, it's mostly the anticipation that kills me.  People that are naturals at it just pi$$ me off.   Tongue
(09-02-2019, 10:26 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote:
(09-02-2019, 10:12 AM)cincydawg Wrote: I think "practicing" public speaking does make it a lot easier down the road.

There was a period of time where I got used to it in college.  I think there was a quarter where I was giving them in virtually every class I took.  The reason of course is that I had put those classes off and was taking them all at once.  I got sort of comfortable with it during that phase, but my natural disdain for it eventually came back.  To me it's the anticipation more than anything else.  Once I get going I'm ok, it's mostly the anticipation that kills me.  People that are naturals at it just pi$$ me off.   Tongue
[Image: emoji113.png]
Make America Honest Again

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things you do that destroy the environment ChinaBuck 17 139 04-08-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: TroyKidd
  Looking back to 2020, what were some of the dumbest things/events that happened? maize 28 264 03-27-2024, 02:05 AM
Last Post: maize
  I think I'm going to start a thread about things that defy imagination ChinaBuck 2 49 03-23-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: TakeThePoints
  Things that never happened K9Buck 20 295 01-22-2024, 01:36 PM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  Carnak asks what do these three things have in common? ChinaBuck 7 129 12-24-2023, 10:52 AM
  Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse... davebucknut 1 83 10-20-2023, 06:43 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Did Deion really say such things? K9Buck 12 218 10-19-2023, 09:02 PM
  Things we're still waiting on ScarletHayes 46 526 09-26-2023, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Syncro
  "Things I don't care about" Thread ChinaBuck 6 161 09-04-2023, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Blinky
  The 7th Forgotten Grandchild ChinaBuck 4 100 07-31-2023, 12:20 PM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner