Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Your life doesn't get better by chance. It gets better by change. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hightop77Warby Parker
Had an eye exam about a month ago and was looking for some new eye wear which I need for driving.  Manager at a coffee shop I go to mentioned an on line place that also has some walk in stores around the country, Warby Parker.  I have always just used Lenscrafters but he told me to check out their web site.  For $100 you can get a single vision prescription with some really nice frames which they have a great selection of.  You sign up and then upload or email your script, pick out your frames and you are all set.  I decided to take a flyer.  I ordered them a week and a half ago and they arrived today.  Frames are perfect and the prescription is right on the money.  Saved over $200.  They will actually send you up to 5 different frames to try on before you order which I didn't take advantage of.  Highly recommend.

https://www.warbyparker.com/?bidkw=warby%20parker&dvc=c&network=g&mobile=&searchntwk=1&content=&creative=354061171147&adposition=1t1&placement=&target=&keyword=warby%20parker&matchtype=e&mkwid=s&pmt=e&pdv=c&product_category=&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=warby%20parker&utm_campaign=newengen_-_Brand_l_DE1_fad6&cvo_campaign=newengen_-_Brand_l_DE1_fad6&cvo_adgroup=62725484338&utm_term=62725484338-aud-78360674968:kwd-21647972016&utm_content=354061171147&singular=124__g__1617319897__62725484338__354061171147&gclid=CjwKCAjw-vjqBRA6EiwAe8TCkxiY076HcNr9U_MCwMUifEM63TVurJ4L2dUWIPsgbNPezD_EA-4-eBoCcGgQAvD_BwE
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Cost me 360 about 10 days ago WITH my insurance for eye exam and I used my old frames.  I do get no line bifocals and tint for sun and no glare at night etc.   That probably is what gigs me.
Make America Honest Again
(08-22-2019, 07:42 PM)zigbee Wrote: Cost me 360 about 10 days ago WITH my insurance for eye exam and I used my old frames.  I do get no line bifocals and tint for sun and no glare at night etc.   That probably is what gigs me.

Probably would have cost you about $175 on Warby Parker.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

(08-22-2019, 07:45 PM)Hightop77 Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 07:42 PM)zigbee Wrote: Cost me 360 about 10 days ago WITH my insurance for eye exam and I used my old frames.  I do get no line bifocals and tint for sun and no glare at night etc.   That probably is what gigs me.

For the no line bifocals and no glare and tint?
(08-22-2019, 07:48 PM)zigbee Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 07:45 PM)Hightop77 Wrote:

For the no line bifocals and no glare and tint?

I am just guessing but you can go to their site and put the info in and it will give you the price.

425 for what I need but that included the frame.  No eye exam.   I think the eye exam is important
(08-22-2019, 08:04 PM)zigbee Wrote: 425 for what I need but that included the frame.  No eye exam.   I think the eye exam is important
Wow.  Sorry it doesn't work for you.  If I was you I still would probably order a pair from them with just distance lenses as a spare.  
I was going to order some shades too but found another place, Shady Ray's, where the deal is even better for sunglasses.  Eye wear has such a high mark up that places are springing up undercutting the big companies.  I am getting some nice polarized shades with my script for $148.  You should consider something like that for driving.

I got new glasses earlier this year.  Even with my insurance I think I paid around $300 out of pocket.  I'm just really near-sighted.  No bifocals or anything.  I can see up close just fine.  It's just anything 3 inches past my eyes is where I have a problem.  [Image: emoji851.png]
(08-23-2019, 08:48 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: I got new glasses earlier this year.  Even with my insurance I think I paid around $300 out of pocket.  I'm just really near-sighted.  No bifocals or anything.  I can see up close just fine.  It's just anything 3 inches past my eyes is where I have a problem.  [Image: emoji851.png]

Sounds like their pricing would work well for you.

Is it just me, or does the name Warby Parker sound like it could have been a cartoon strip from the good ole days?  Just sayin'
(08-23-2019, 09:19 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Is it just me, or does the name Warby Parker sound like it could have been a cartoon strip from the good ole days?  Just sayin'
I was thinking SEC football coach.

(08-23-2019, 09:24 AM)Hightop77 Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 09:19 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Is it just me, or does the name Warby Parker sound like it could have been a cartoon strip from the good ole days?  Just sayin'
I was thinking SEC football coach.

That definitely works as well.   Smile