Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Your life doesn't get better by chance. It gets better by change. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I thought photo ID's were oppressive and racist
Photo ID in Illinois

Jack Hellner, American Thinker, August 22, 2019

The one-party, Democrat-run State of Illinois is now going to require a photo ID to go on a tour of the Governorâ€s Mansion.
New security measures are being put in place for public tours of the Illinois Governorâ€s Mansion in Springfield.
Starting Sept. 3, individuals will have to sign up in advance for tours, provide a photo ID for proof of identity when they arrive, and be screened by metal detectors.

“The Illinois State Police is committed to ensuring that all guests to the mansion have a safe and welcoming experience, and after reviewing other states†mansion tour policies, we moved to adopt common sense and widely used guidelines for safety,” Brendan Kelly, acting director of the State Police, said in a news release.

For years, those of us in Illinois and many other states have been told that requiring photo ID to vote is oppressive and racist. So why is this racist exclusion of people who are “unable” to get photo ID (whoever they might be – the ones who will be denied the vote if phot ID is requited) ) allowed in such a progressive state? Are the Democrats who run this state racists? Will illegal aliens be allowed to tour without a valid photo ID, since we are a sanctuary state?

Politicians throughout the country, from both parties, have always required photo ID for many things needed in everyday life so it has always been a lie to call a photo ID requirement to vote racist and oppressive. The Democrats always play the race card.
There is only one reason why Democrats fight so hard against requiring a photo ID to vote. They donâ€t want election integrity.
Original Article
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

ID = racist... just as mass shootings are horrible and evil when the narrative fits The Left's agenda otherwise it's move on, nothing to see here.

El Paso shooting... memory-holed.
Dayton shooting... memory-holed.
Quote:Is there anything more aggravating than the idea that photo ID stops people from voting? When Martin Luther King led marches to demand civil rights, people were willing to be bitten by German Shepherds and knocked down by fire hoses to be out there for their right to vote. Now, people aren't even willing to stand in line for a free ID that shows they have the right to vote. And the Democrats foster the idea that a photo ID is racist and oppressive and who knows what else, all because they can't get elected honestly by citizens so they have to get illegal aliens and convicted felons and dead people to vote for them. 

This dude gets it.
DC is a symptom, not the cause. The cause is basic voter stupidity and economic ignorance.
The real racists are the people who who make excuses for those who they pretend don't have ID
Some old folks in assisted living might struggle to get one, but that can be handled easily.
(08-22-2019, 08:26 PM)cincydawg Wrote: Some old folks in assisted living might struggle to get one, but that can be handled easily.

I think thus far liberals have produced single digit numbers of people who had some difficulty. I believe all of them were rural nonagenarians. The racist liberals state that doing something a grade school kid could easily manage is an overwhelming challenge for minorities.
Somehow requiring ID for countless other daily activities is not racist however.
Playing on the legitimate fears of black Americans to exploit the hell out of them for some damn votes. [Image: Em_facepalm.gif]   Unfortunately for the left you're talking people now in their 70s that lived through real racial discrimination in their adult years.  Not many under that can appreciate what it was like to have the entire weight of the machine against you.  Anyway, the proof is beginning to come out in the pudding as the desperation only grows as we head toward 2020.  The shrillness is only gonna get worse.  I mean, how do you freak out a 25 year old black kid that grew up playing video games with his white friends?  [Image: Em_shrug.gif]  A kid that probably thinks a poll tax is something involving tractors or big rigs.
I have no doubt there are morons among us incapable of going to get a photo ID but that seems like a pretty good argument for why they should never see the inside of a voting booth.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I thought white, country, music, fans were all a bunch of racists K9Buck 29 421 02-23-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Blinky
  New England's new coach is a racist idiot K9Buck 18 355 01-18-2024, 06:28 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  "That's Racist!" Thread P1tchblack 471 20,118 01-14-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Sanitarian2
  NY Major is racist zigbee 37 2,180 11-24-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: lrrps21
  Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse... davebucknut 1 83 10-20-2023, 06:43 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Headline I thought I never would have read ChinaBuck 2 69 09-22-2023, 10:36 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  You can't be racist to a white person... ChinaBuck 1 81 08-23-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Beastdog
  Never thought this would happen dunefan 5 98 07-11-2023, 08:21 PM
  Oh say can you SEE? Racist black singers? zigbee 11 183 07-07-2023, 04:08 AM
  A thought for everyone, take it or leave it Syncro 54 624 07-06-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: dkeener67