Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A positive outlook is what leads to positive results.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
zigbeeWhy the homeless problem in US today with abundant jobs, training, help?
https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-resi...ess-crisis
Make America Honest Again
This woman is an absolute moron, and entirely representative of the people in a Portland who think theyâ€re actually doing anything to create positive change.

For decades Portland has allowed these vagrants to move to the city with the promise of “free” services, lax drug enforcement and tolerance for abnormal behavior. Combined with generally moderate climate and lots of bridges (nearly all completely occupied by camps underneath). The fact that she uses “structural racism and bias” as her second major talking point proves how intentionally ignorant she is. Portland is VERY white. Most homeless are white.

Iâ€ll spare you my first hand stories dealing with these heroin/pill addicts, weâ€d be here for days.

"The absence of affordable housing, the absence of meaningful wage jobs, structural racism and bias, interaction with the criminal justice system," she told Portland Monthly. "Then there's individual experience, things like serious mental illness, substance use disorder, history of trauma, interaction with the foster care system as a child and low income or poverty. Homelessness is the intersection of those factors."
You want an insight into the low-functioning mind of a typical Portland liberal, peruse this broads Twitter feed. Sheâ€s running for Mayor.

https://twitter.com/sarahforpdx
(08-21-2019, 10:58 AM)Syncro Wrote: You want an insight into the low-functioning mind of a typical Portland liberal, peruse this broads Twitter feed. Sheâ€s running for Mayor.

https://twitter.com/sarahforpdx
These liberals live in make believe world of fairy tales, etc.  They cannot step into reality and understand human nature.  She is so freaking stupid.
(08-21-2019, 10:52 AM)Syncro Wrote: This woman is an absolute moron, and entirely representative of the people in a Portland who think theyâ€re actually doing anything to create positive change.

For decades Portland has allowed these vagrants to move to the city with the promise of “free” services, lax drug enforcement and tolerance for abnormal behavior. Combined with generally moderate climate and lots of bridges (nearly all completely occupied by camps underneath). The fact that she uses “structural racism and bias” as her second major talking point proves how intentionally ignorant she is. Portland is VERY white. Most homeless are white.

Iâ€ll spare you my first hand stories dealing with these heroin/pill addicts, weâ€d be here for days.

"The absence of affordable housing, the absence of meaningful wage jobs, structural racism and bias, interaction with the criminal justice system," she told Portland Monthly. "Then there's individual experience, things like serious mental illness, substance use disorder, history of trauma, interaction with the foster care system as a child and low income or poverty. Homelessness is the intersection of those factors."
Good post
To add to the already good information posted another issue which we are missing is "shame".  I know it sounds weird but shame was once a motivator.
I will remove from the argument the individuals with intellectual disabilities and mental illness.   I believe our society can and should assist these folks.   I do not have an answer for the drug issues as far as how many chances should someone get.
The issue is for me when did it become acceptable for someone to give up and just let the system take care of you?  That is were shame comes in. I guess pride also. It would be once upon a time you would rather work a menial job or jobs to provide for yourself vs. have someone provide for you.
Today if you are critical of someone for life choices then the verbage is changed to you are a bully or some sort of "ist".

I told my story on here before.   I grew up poor and even to this day when I think I am getting ahead but realize I am not yes I feel like giving up (I think many people are this way) but I (we) just keep plugging along.
(08-21-2019, 11:47 AM)Soupcity Kid Wrote: To add to the already good information posted another issue which we are missing is "shame".  I know it sounds weird but shame was once a motivator.
I will remove from the argument the individuals with intellectual disabilities and mental illness.   I believe our society can and should assist these folks.   I do not have an answer for the drug issues as far as how many chances should someone get.
The issue is for me when did it become acceptable for someone to give up and just let the system take care of you?  That is were shame comes in. I guess pride also. It would be once upon a time you would rather work a menial job or jobs to provide for yourself vs. have someone provide for you.
Today if you are critical of someone for life choices then the verbage is changed to you are a bully or some sort of "ist".

I told my story on here before.   I grew up poor and even to this day when I think I am getting ahead but realize I am not yes I feel like giving up (I think many people are this way) but I (we) just keep plugging along.
I would agree with this totally.
Homelessness seem to be more prevalent in areas with good weather and very high rents.  It would be interesting to know what percentage of homeless actually use municipal services.  The crazies don't, I don't think they are able.  The addicts have one thing on their mind.

I think the issue is complex and multidimensional.
Homelessness seem to be more prevalent in areas with good weather and very high rents.  It would be interesting to know what percentage of homeless actually use municipal services.  The crazies don't, I don't think they are able.  The addicts have one thing on their mind.

I think the issue is complex and multidimensional.
[/quote]
I believe they downplay the abuse of drugs as the main cause of many of those they are labeling Mentally Ill.
Covering for their very lenient drug laws and many years of cultivating people to come their like it was Haight t-Ashbury from the 70's some dreamland of Peace and Love when in reality Pot and Acid from back in the day don't hold a candle to the destruction of Opioids of the 20th Century.
(08-21-2019, 03:16 PM)TcSoup Wrote: I believe they downplay the abuse of drugs as the main cause of many of those they are labeling Mentally Ill.
Covering for their very lenient drug laws and many years of cultivating people to come their like it was Haight t-Ashbury from the 70's some dreamland of Peace and Love when in reality Pot and Acid from back in the day don't hold a candle to the destruction of Opioids of the 20th Century.

This is almost entirely a meth/heroine/fentanyl/opiate issue in the city. Same with Seattle/SF/LA.

The folks in charge of these cities pretend it's a mental illness issue while ignoring it's nearly all self-inflicted due to lax hard drug enforcement they were so proud to implement.

It's not a 'chicken or the egg' situation. They've chosen to allow safe places for these deadbeats to congregate...what the f*ck did they expect to happen?!
(08-21-2019, 04:22 PM)Syncro Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 03:16 PM)TcSoup Wrote: I believe they downplay the abuse of drugs as the main cause of many of those they are labeling Mentally Ill.

This is almost entirely a meth/heroine/fentanyl/opiate issue in the city.  Same with Seattle/SF/LA.

The folks in charge of these cities pretend it's a mental illness issue while ignoring it's nearly all self-inflicted due to lax hard drug enforcement they were so proud to implement.

It's not a 'chicken or the egg' situation.  They've chosen to allow safe places for these deadbeats to congregate...what the f*ck did they expect to happen?!
The liberals have become the people of America who don't believe in holding people accountable for anything.  It's evident in schools, courts, legislatures, and our society.  It's just mean to hold people accountable and make expectations such as look good, work hard, pay your way, enter the nation legally, obey laws, go to school, support your family, be responsible, be educated...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marjorie Taylor Greene files motion today Alabuckeye 19 217 Yesterday, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Hightop77
  The Irish RULE today!!! Happy St Paddy's Day zigbee 27 455 03-17-2024, 03:40 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  The homeless issue in US zigbee 51 518 03-15-2024, 06:56 PM
  Blacks in the criminal justice system today ... Hightop77 30 407 01-09-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Today is Real Women’s Day ChinaBuck 4 92 10-10-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: unc4corners
  Went to beach today zigbee 24 234 09-07-2023, 06:20 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Mayor finds who is to blame for the Chicago car theft problem ChinaBuck 1 91 08-26-2023, 06:51 AM
Last Post: dkeener67
  In today's episode of the theater of the surreal... ScarletHayes 1 96 08-19-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  I went outside today and noticed it was sort of... zigbee 14 260 07-28-2023, 10:39 PM
  Lost my dog today Iowa Mels 33 447 07-07-2023, 09:36 PM
Last Post: TakeThePoints