Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Zigbeenuthouse Beer, Wine, Liquor thread
Post your drinking experiences and your reviews and opinions on beer, wine and liquor here.  Also any questions on the subject.  Lots of great information and recommendations have been exchanged in our past threads.  Too bad that has been lost.  Hopefully our bourbon expert syncro finds his way here too.
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

Great!!!

Going to have some Columbus Brewery Uncle Rusty Imperial Red Ale this evening to toast our website!!!

[Image: cbc-uncle-rusty-bottle-glass-4.png]

sweet!

.html   googleab77917480676a85.html (Size: 53 bytes / Downloads: 6)
.html   googleab77917480676a85.html (Size: 53 bytes / Downloads: 6)
Make America Honest Again
Yeah, 20 proof beer is definitely some serious beer drinking and the way to celebrate.   Big Grin 

Here is what they say about it on Ratebeer, a site I use frequently before trying new stuff. 

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/columbus-u...ty/121162/
"Hightop can reduce an entire message board of men to mudsharks. It's actually pretty funny to watch."

(02-05-2019, 07:46 PM)zigbee Wrote: Great!!!

Going to have some Columbus Brewery Uncle Rusty Imperial Red Ale this evening to toast our website!!!

[Image: cbc-uncle-rusty-bottle-glass-4.png]

sweet!

Trying to upload these google files.
Saturday night I had Country Boy Cliff Jumper IPA on tap.  Good stuff and I would recommend.  Its a 7% American IPA that was brewed for easy drinking.  Nice smooth flavor.  Fruity but not overpowering.

[Image: beer-138997_6ab67_hd.jpeg]

Gonna have one of these as well.

[Image: sierra-nevada-torpedo.jpg]

That Columbus brewery Uncle Rusty is DAMN GOOD BEER
Had a Samichlaus Helles... always a great winter sipper.

[Image: samichlaushelles__09391.1496360137.jpg?c=2]
Sierra Nevada's Hazy Little Thing on tap tonight.  Their version of the New England style IPA and still pretty good. About 7% abv but a good example of the style.

[Image: hazylittlething2018canglass.png]

Nice.  Enjoying a Conway's Irish Ale tonight before another Uncle Rusty Imperial Ale FOLLOWED by the nightcap of a Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA.
Now that I am back home I am getting ready to eat a little supper and then have some Wellers on ice and enjoy some music.  A good day.  Went shooting earlier today and then to a local sports pub tonight for beer before settling in at home.  Life is good.

(02-06-2019, 08:46 PM)Hightop77 Wrote: Now that I am back home I am getting ready to eat a little supper and then have some Wellers on ice and enjoy some music.  A good day.  Went shooting earlier today and then to a local sports pub tonight for beer before settling in at home.  Life is good.

Sweet
A shout out to Aldi's house label. Stock up on it if you want some value-priced white wines in your pad. It's quite refreshing!
From the Wine Spectator:
SUNSHINE BAY
Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough 2017

Score: 89
Release Price $7
Country New Zealand
Region New Zealand
Issue Sep 30, 2018
Designation Best Values
Tasting Note
Flavors of pear, lemon meringue, lemongrass and lime zest are bright, intense and tangy in this white, with a mouthwatering finish. Drink now. 20,000 cases made.
I don't like white wine other than Moscato. I'm not some wine expert like Cincy though.
(02-07-2019, 01:44 AM)maizegoblue Wrote: I don't like white wine other than Moscato. I'm not some wine expert like Cincy though.

Well as someone who has sold wine as a sales rep, my pretentious wine advice to you is...
Make your own rules and like what you like, but don't be afraid of branching out and trying new things. Ya never know!

I've had $30 bottles that I've enjoyed more than $150 bottles (never bought any of the latter.)
Plenty of fantastic stuff from $10-$20 that can hit the spot and help figure out your palate.
I have bought two fancy (for me) bottles in the past few months - one on close-out from Meijer.
No more fancy bottles (for me) until I share some of what I already have, which is a total of seven bottles in my cellar (i.e. the wine rack on top of my refrigerator.)

Meijer had this for $53:
DUCKHORN
Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2014

Score: 92
Release Price $75
Country California
Region Napa
Issue Sep 30, 2017
Tasting Note
This is marked by a strong herb and oak mixture and framed by a lively burst of red currant, red licorice, dusty, cedary oak and licorice notes. Drink now through 2030. 36,400 cases made.
–JL

CARLISLE
Zinfandel Russian River Valley Papera Ranch 2016

Score: 96
Release Price $47
Country California
Region Sonoma
Issue Mar 31, 2019
Tasting Note
A stunning wine, jammed with fruit and personality yet retains a sense of refinement. Aromas of blackberry and violet open to complex cherry and licorice notes and a hint of garrigue. Tannins are broad but polished. Drink now through 2027. 1,005 cases made.
–TF
Here are two bottles that I loved in that sweet $10-$20 range:
BODEGAS BRECA
Garnacha Aragón Old Vines 2015

Score: 92
Release Price $16
Country Spain
Region Spain
Issue Oct 15, 2018
Top 100: 2018, Rank: 29
Tasting Note
Round, smooth and dense, this red shows harmony and balance. Plum and blackberry flavors mingle with black olive, toast and mineral notes, supported by well-integrated tannins and fresh acidity, leaving a lovely floral finish. Drink now through 2027. 20,000 cases made.
–TM

CLINE
Zinfandel Contra Costa County Ancient Vines 2016

Score: 91
Release Price $15
Country California
Region Bay Area/Central Coast
Issue Jun 30, 2018
Top 100: 2018, Rank: 40
Designation Best Values
Tasting Note
Lively and supple, with floral raspberry and fresh pepper aromas and sleekly appealing cherry and licorice flavors that glide lightly along the finish. Drink now through 2022. 50,000 cases made.
–TF

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Comments that don't warrant a thread ChinaBuck 1,604 33,928 5 hours ago
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  Nut House Cook and recipe thread zigbee 527 70,148 6 hours ago
Last Post: zigbee
  REDS 2024 baseball thread zigbee 739 4,472 Yesterday, 12:18 PM
  The Official Tranny Thread (formerly re: Bud Light) ChinaBuck 1,179 21,364 Yesterday, 07:35 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  PGA/LIV, thread. Masters week maize 222 2,953 04-17-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: dkeener67
  2024 Polling Thread ChinaBuck 81 614 04-15-2024, 10:13 PM
  Illegal immigration/asylum/border related thread maize 527 7,879 04-15-2024, 10:05 PM
  General CFB Thread maize 1,775 29,348 04-13-2024, 09:49 AM
  Laughy Thread P1tchblack 2,593 184,928 04-11-2024, 09:05 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  NCAA tournament thread zigbee 126 1,523 04-09-2024, 10:59 AM