Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Build the Wall
Supreme Court comes through for Trump

https://www.breitbart.com/border/2019/07...njunction/
Waiting ..to cut out the dead wood
Waiting ..to weed out the weaklings
Waiting ..to build ..the Wall
[font=.SF UI Text][font=.SFUIText]https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme...order-wall[/font][/font]
I guess the SCOTUS is in on it too.  The Dems gonna investigate the court next?  

Anyway, FINALLY.  At least the Supremes aren't total hacks.  Lemme guess, 5-4?
(07-26-2019, 08:16 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: I guess the SCOTUS is in on it too.  The Dems gonna investigate the court next?  

SCOTUS is obviously racist as he**.
Guatemala safe third country.

Trump keeps getting it done against all odds and Dirty Dems

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-i...SKCN1UL2KR

McAleenan said there were still “several procedural steps” required in both countries to ratify the deal and put it into effect, which he said he expected would occur in coming weeks.
ScarletHayes Wrote:I guess the SCOTUS is in on it too.  The Dems gonna investigate the court next?  

Of course it was.
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
(07-26-2019, 08:56 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote:
ScarletHayes Wrote:I guess the SCOTUS is in on it too.  The Dems gonna investigate the court next?  

Of course it was.

Shaking my damn head.  [Image: emoji849.png]
The Wall is undefeated...

Oh, wait, the other wall. Oops!
The America, and the American Military, that you once knew is gone.
I think the Five voted that there was no standing for the case, so the actual decision itself is not a precedent.

As is the usual practice with stay rulings, the majority issued very little in the way of an explanation. But it did indicate that "[a]mong the reasons is that the Government has made a sufficient showing at this stage that the plaintiffs have no cause of action to obtain review of the Acting Secretary's compliance with Section 8005 [of the the 2019 Department of Defense Appropriations Act]."

In other words, this seems to be a purely a procedural ruling suggesting that the majority justices think the plaintiffs in the case—the Sierra Club and the Southern Border Community Coalition an alliance of various liberal/progressive groups in the border area—lacked the procedural right to challenge the diversion of funds. The Court may be referring here to Judge N. Randy Smith's argument in his dissent in the Ninth Circuit ruling on this issue, where he argued that only plaintiffs with "economic interests" at stake are legally permitted to challenge the funding diversion. In my view, Judge Smith's distinction between "economic" and "recreational" interests in dubious. The Court should have simply denied the stay, or at least adopted Justice Breyer's approach.

But if Smith's analysis is indeed the basis for the majority justices' ruling, it is notable that it does not address the underlying merits of the legality of Trump's plan to divert the funds. And, if the Supreme Court ultimately reverses the Ninth Circuit on this basis, the legal battle over the wall will be far from over.
So, the legal battle will continue, this is not a clear cut final win.
cincydawg Wrote:So, the legal battle will continue, this is not a clear cut final win.
Oh, come on.  You really don't think the democrats will give up now?
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
The politics of this could get interesting. One the one hand, Trump is "depriving the military of needed funds to protect out nation to build some medieval wall".

On the other hand .... Democrats don't seem to want any kind of border barrier.
(07-27-2019, 04:20 PM)cincydawg Wrote: The politics of this could get interesting.  One the one hand, Trump is "depriving the military of needed funds to protect out nation to build some medieval wall".

On the other hand .... Democrats don't seem to want any kind of border barrier.

Beto said he'd tear down existing barriers and nobody on the left batted an eye but, no, they don't support open borders, wink, wink.
Beto is a bit disappointing. And a dope.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chinese Rednecks bulldoze Great Wall…. stxbuck 4 129 10-05-2023, 07:58 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Blueprint to build FRANCesSTEIN now available from group of medical pros zigbee 3 107 01-13-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Governor Ducey building border wall on his way out P1tchblack 20 323 12-14-2022, 08:35 PM
Last Post: lrrps21
  Man took 4 years to build Ohio St Lego FB Stadium unc4corners 4 149 11-18-2022, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Soupcity Kid
  If we ever build a Rushmore for hypocrisy... Smoothmflikethat 13 303 09-14-2022, 07:14 AM
Last Post: dkeener67
Brick The Wall PopTartBox 68 12,184 07-29-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Beastdog
  Manchin agrees to "build back better bill" davebucknut 9 275 07-28-2022, 10:57 AM
Last Post: davebucknut
  Elon Musk wants to build tunnels to alleviate traffic K9Buck 16 425 04-21-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  Great reset/build back better. ScarletHayes 39 1,723 02-21-2022, 12:54 PM
  Bob Wall who worked with and trained with Bruce Lee passes TcSoup 2 276 02-01-2022, 04:44 PM