Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A Big Bang led to star being born.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K9BuckArmed citizen shot two armed robbers at 7-11
I hope I'm never put into that position.  

'Hero' customer, a licensed gun owner, shoots 2 robbery suspects at 7-Eleven: reports

https://www.foxnews.com/us/hero-customer...ven-report
Here is a local article on what happened.

[Image: c3d50cb6-e034-11e7-a09d-3ff335ccfd5a.png]

DEVELOPING
Robber shot and killed by bystander at 7-Eleven in Virginia Beach, police say

[Image: 5d398ed441876.image.jpg?resize=1024%2C768]
One person was killed and another injured in a shooting early Thursday morning, July 25, 2019, at a 7-Eleven located at 130 Newtown Road in Virginia Beach. Robyn Sidersky/Staff

â–²

By Robyn Sidersky and Jane Harper Staff writer
Updated 9 hrs ago

VIRGINIA BEACH
A quick stop at 7-Eleven for a Big Gulp and some nachos in the middle of the night went sideways for Barrie Engel.
In a matter of minutes she was on the ground, covering her head and praying she wouldn't get shot.

First, there were the robbers — masked and armed. Police believe it was at least the fifth 7-Eleven in the area the pair held up in a matter of hours.
Then came the gunshots.
But it wasn't the robbers who fired their guns. It was a bystander in the back of the store who pulled out his.
When the chaos began at 2:10 a.m., Engel, who owns Coastal Cafe down the street, was waiting with her friend near the cash register. The store was nearly empty.
"Two gentlemen — armed, masked, robbers — came in the store with their guns up and told us to stay where we were, nobody move," she said.
"I did exactly that, I pretty much froze and looked at my friend and he looked at me, wondering, 'Is this really happening? Is this real?' "
It was real.
One of the masked men stayed near the door while the other went behind the counter and started putting money in his pockets, Engel said.
"I was looking right at him (the robber) and then I looked at the clerk, and the clerk raised his hands and said 'Come on, man, don't do this.' And not sooner than he said that, I heard a gunshot and as soon as I heard the gunshot, I dropped down to the ground and put my hands over my head and started praying because I thought the guy shot the clerk," she said.
"After that shot it was like three shots, bam, then bam bam. It could have been two, two or three."

[Image: 5d39b54d47f21.image.jpg?resize=1024%2C768]
Barrie Engel, who owns Coastal Cafe in Virginia Beach, was there when two men attempted to rob a 7-Eleven on S. Newtown Road. A bystander shot the two men.  By Robyn Sidersky Staff writer

â–²

Engel and her friend looked at each other, and then she saw the man standing beside them. He said to her, "Nobody's gonna point a gun at me and get away with it." That's when she realized he was the one who fired.
As she surveyed the gruesome scene around her, Engel saw one masked man lying on the floor, dead, and the other behind the counter asking for help after having been being seriously injured. "I was shaking in my boots," she said.
Not long after, police showed up.
At the four other 7-Eleven robberies in the area — another in Virginia Beach, two in Norfolk and one in Newport News — police said the two men and an accomplice walked in with masks and guns and demanded money, just like on South Newtown Road. The clerks in the other incidents complied and no one was injured, police said. 
Police have not said whether they'll charge the bystander. Charges are pending against the men in custody — both the one who was shot and another police found nearby and said they believe was involved.
The names of the man who died and the one injured have not yet been released by police. The shooter's name will only be released if he is charged, police said.

Virginia Beach police spokeswoman Tonya Pierce said she could only recall one other local incident where a bystander fired at someone committing a crime.
That was in June 2017, when a clerk at a 7-Eleven on Kellam Road shot an armed robber in the neck. Davin McClenney was left paralyzed by the incident. He pleaded guilty earlier this month to that robbery and one other and is awaiting sentencing.
The 7-Eleven clerk in that case was not charged.
In a similar incident in October 2018 in Birmingham, Ala., a father and his two sons were leaving a McDonald's late at night when a masked man entered and began firing. The father shot and killed the gunman. He and one of his teenage sons were injured, but both recovered. The shooting was later determined to be justified and the father was not charged, said Sgt. Johnny Williams, a Birmingham police spokesman.
In May 2018 in Oklahoma City, a 28-year-old man drove to a restaurant during the dinner rush and began firing, injuring three people. He was shot and killed by two bystanders - one a former police officer and the other a member of the Oklahoma Air National Guard - who were nearby and ran to the scene with their guns. Prosecutors investigated for three weeks before announcing that neither man would be charged, according to a story in The Washington Post.
Engel said she's just thankful she got out of the 7-Eleven alive. She called her son, a recent Kempsville High School graduate, immediately afterward, then went home to hug him.
She said that before Thursday, she had been considering getting a concealed carry permit. Now she thinks she would have been too nervous to use a gun.
She wants to know who saved them.
"Thank God for that guy because who knows what could have happened," she said. "I want to thank that guy personally. I want to buy him a steak dinner."

Robyn Sidersky, 757-222-5117, robyn.sidersky@pilotonline.com
View on pilotonline.com

Tags

[/url]
 Copyright 2019 [url=https://pilotonline.com/]The Virginian-Pilot
, 150 W. Brambleton Ave. Norfolk, VA | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
I love happy endings.
I love how there's the possibility that the hero could still be charged.  Lmao at our justice system.  Are you ####### kidding me?!?!?!?!  Perhaps he should have sat them down first and discussed the finer subtlties of ballistics before firing.  In saner times?  OPEN and SHUT.
I really can't believe that he would be charged, but have seen dumber things happen. Good for the guy that shot them.
Boobs are proof that men can concentrate on 2 things at the same time
(07-26-2019, 08:22 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: I love how there's the possibility that the hero could still be charged.  Lmao at our justice system.  Are you ####### kidding me?!?!?!?!  Perhaps he should have sat them down first and discussed the finer subtlties of ballistics before firing.  In saner times?  OPEN and SHUT.

BUT....The thing you have to Remember ....These armed Robbers were Just Now trying And I MEAN TRYING to get their Lives in Order...Started to teach Sunday School and On Track to Graduate High School On time...

They Live with Zero Air Conditioning and Raised by their Mommas and Grand Mommas..

I say Fry the Guy for Snuffing out these Poor Baby's Lives Way too Early... Big Grin
No way he should be charged. They came in guns in hand and threatened the customers. All bets are off then. Unless they dropped the guns before he drew down on them he can shoot them even in the back. Preferably in the back, safer that way.
Quote:OPEN and SHUT

Quote:I really can't believe that he would be charged

I experienced something similar in Feb 2018. I wasn't informed I wouldn't be charged until July 2018.

Two thugs - one black, one white - decided they were going to have fun. They threatened to 'F' me up and rape my gf. What they actually got was a broken jaw and a snapped knee.

Still, an AP tried to charge me. 

I didn't need a weapon, I am a weapon. This is how the AP tried to paint me.
DC is a symptom, not the cause. The cause is basic voter stupidity and economic ignorance.
That's boilerplate speak. They aren't going to commit to a charge or nothing until they have a full picture of what's going on.
Why didn't he just shoot the guns out of their hands and take them prisoner?
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
(07-26-2019, 12:52 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote: Why didn't he just shoot the guns out of their hands and take them prisoner?
I see you are subscribing to my wife's viewpoint during movie watching.... Dodgy
(07-26-2019, 12:52 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote: Why didn't he just shoot the guns out of their hands and take them prisoner?

He didn't because he was in a hurry and didn't want to miss the second episode of Mama's Place.
DC is a symptom, not the cause. The cause is basic voter stupidity and economic ignorance.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Starbucks fires white guy for stopping armed robbery by two black guys K9Buck 59 811 01-29-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: zigbee
Thumbs Down Biden's granddaughters SS detail fires shot at burglars davebucknut 12 257 11-13-2023, 10:43 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  Idiot punches woman, her 14 year old son shot him K9Buck 29 469 06-28-2023, 06:00 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Obama commuted his life sentence and now he just shot someone in their head K9Buck 1 101 05-20-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  High school cheerleader shot in back after accidentally trying to open door of wrong K9Buck 5 144 04-23-2023, 07:28 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  Ralph Yarl, 16 year-old black kid shot in head by white homeowner K9Buck 48 953 04-21-2023, 08:39 AM
  Woman shot and killed for... P1tchblack 14 201 04-18-2023, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Trump Just took a Shot at DeSantis? Beastdog 225 4,064 02-22-2023, 02:55 PM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  She wanted to end the suffering as she murdered terminally ill husband with one shot zigbee 4 161 01-23-2023, 06:33 AM
  Teacher Shot by 6 Year-Old Georgem80 81 1,174 01-10-2023, 11:16 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack