Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is going on at the Hilltop? (West Columbus)
On Monday morning I was driving down Sullivant Avenue on the West Side of Columbus. That area has always been ghetto, but now it is like something out of the Twilight Zone. Three out of every five houses was boarded up. Between I-70 and Hague Ave there was a filthy, greasy, diseased hooker on every corner, and it wasn't even noon yet. One of them had a face that was as pale as a sheet of paper even though it was the middle of the summer and she was otherwise tan. Another one of them was already completely trashed, staggering around doing her damndest to stay upright. She was loadly speaking gibberish and her drink was just spilling everywhere; on the ground, on herself, etc. All she had on was a bra and a dirty pair of pants. It was pretty hot out, but even so it appeared as though no one in that area had taken a shower or changed their clothing in at least 10 days. 

It has officially overtaken the East Side and the South Side as the scariest part of Columbus, imo. It was like driving through a zombie apocalypse. Sad, scary, nasty scene going on down there. And the cops were just cruising around as though none of this stuff was going on. Strange.
(07-17-2019, 12:26 PM)Brutus Buckeye Wrote: On Monday morning I was driving down Sullivant Avenue on the West Side of Columbus. That area has always been ghetto, but now it is like something out of the Twilight Zone. Three out of every five houses was boarded up. Between I-70 and Hague Ave there was a filthy, greasy, diseased hooker on every corner, and it wasn't even noon yet. One of them had a face that was as pale as a sheet of paper even though it was the middle of the summer and she was otherwise tan. Another one of them was already completely trashed, staggering around doing her damndest to stay upright. She was loadly speaking gibberish and her drink was just spilling everywhere; on the ground, on herself, etc. All she had on was a bra and a dirty pair of pants. It was pretty hot out, but even so it appeared as though no one in that area had taken a shower or changed their clothing in at least 10 days. 

It has officially overtaken the East Side and the South Side as the scariest part of Columbus, imo. It was like driving through a zombie apocalypse. Sad, scary, nasty scene going on down there. And the cops were just cruising around as though none of this stuff was going on. Strange.
Drugs.  Ohio is infested with the epidemic.
Here in So Ohio there is a treatment center going in on every corner.   They bring in druggies from Cincinnati, etc and they stay.   I see them out walking around all the time.   

It's a huge segment of our society who have lost their way in a period of American history where prosperity is available if you want to obtain a skill and work.
Make America Honest Again
The act of drug use itself may be a libertarian position.  It's the outcome, a.k.a. the real world, where libertarians and the average GOP voter split.  Disclaimer:  I am not lumping in pot in this point.  Clearly not a dangerous drug.  Anyway, opiates are an absolute DISASTER to a functioning society.  A train wreck waiting to happen.
You are correct in showing the hole in the libertarian position. I'd probably be a libertarian in a perfect world. We don't live in one though.
My father used to run a mental institution in that part of town, back in the 80s. I am confident that the people outside of those walls are in worse shape than those on the inside, who are at least having their drugs regulated.
Anyone repping for white supremacy clearly hasn't seen the white folk in the Hilltop..........

FWIW, I fully agree that legalizing opiates isn't a magic bullet for addiction, but why keep the Mexican cartels and thug pushers in business-it's not like things would get radically WORSE, imo.......

Also, a question for anyone from Columbus, what would be the main street for the 'South Side" ghetto, like Sullivan is for the Hilltop-Livingston?
I think that's why they are on the Hilltop. Cleveland Ave and Livingston are like 99% black, whereas the West side is a lot less hostile towards Whitey. So not only is it safer for the meth hoes, but their Johns would be a lot less reluctant to venture into that part of town. Now I have no doubt that all their pimps and dealers are black as Hell, but they tend to hide in the shadows.
On the NatGeo special on heroin in Columbus they profiled a bunch of white boys running the trap houses in Hilltop. Talked and dressed like wannabe Crips but as white as the Norwegian consulate. The Mexican cartel runs everything above retail level in Columbus.
White hoodrats are some of the scariest MFers you will ever happen across.  For reals.  When you're in the minority it will do it to you, I don't care what color your skin is.
There are some hard ass looking White dudes on the West side of Columbus. Hardcore wiggers that gang bang like crazy.
Tough conditions make you tough, but when you're in the minority in tough conditions it just amplifies it even more.  Imagine being a black dude in America during the height of the depression of the 1930s.
When i played Little League Football we used to come from the North End to scrimmage the Riverbed Raiders from the Westside at Westmoor Jr. High that was until they broke our star QB's arm and put 2 more starters out with injuries.
Them boys didn't play hit like mack trucks and cussed like no tomorrow. Tough Dudes for 7th-8th Graders.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bill Maher with a walk-off grand slam in defense of the west. ScarletHayes 45 986 11-20-2023, 01:21 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Almost Heaven West Virginia ChinaBuck 7 138 10-10-2023, 04:42 PM
Last Post: dkeener67
  Shooting from 2021 in Columbus ER K9Buck 1 63 05-28-2023, 05:55 AM
Last Post: dunefan
  West Hollywood "safety ambassadors" K9Buck 5 163 04-29-2023, 08:01 PM
Last Post: TroyKidd
  Buffalo earthquake: 4.4 magnitude quake reported in West Seneca, New York computerbuck 8 202 02-06-2023, 06:54 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Person shot by police inside CPD building in Homan Square on West Side P1tchblack 1 114 09-26-2022, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Dzone1
  This how Columbus Rolls on Crime TcSoup 39 1,104 07-09-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Hightop77
  What Arms is Ukraine Getting from the West? ChinaBuck 12 622 03-21-2022, 12:19 PM
Last Post: lrrps21
  Spring break mass drug overdose - 6 West Point cadets hospitalized Hightop77 29 1,324 03-15-2022, 08:50 AM
Last Post: lrrps21
  I agree with Gene Smith on playing in Indy vs. Columbus K9Buck 17 1,067 02-18-2022, 03:48 PM
Last Post: wydileie