Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Keep an open mind! Finding the truth means willingness to listen to many ideas. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Time of Choosing for the Dems
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tom-basi...bout-trump

Good article 

The radical left is a major headache for Dems.  Will older Democrat that cared about the unions and protecting jobs and fighting for wages, go for open borders, higher personal taxes, free education and healthcare?
Good thread.  All boils down to power and that means staying in office and that means pandering to all fringe groups with promises and using the emotion  of hate vs Trump to GAIN votes.   Gonna backfire as a political party SHOULD be concerned of the health of the entire nation and what are the best policies for the nation.
Make America Honest Again
This reminds me again of our friend in Boston, nice guy, smart, very very liberal, and I think the Democrats misread the country because they live around guys like our friend all the time, it's their group. They will carry states like MA and NY and CA by large margins and lose MI again if they don't rethink their approach, which I doubt they can do at this point.

Bernie Sanders is "middle of the pack" this cycle in terms of policy. He was viewed as radical in 2016.
When Bernie Sanders is slowly becoming a voice of reason, it's time to reconsider your party's platform.
Decades of pandering to black voters have given way to a full-throated embrace of immigrant Latinos. Itâ€s no coincidence that Democrats now are advocating for decriminalizing illegal immigration, non-citizen voting, expedited paths to citizenship and automatic voter registration.
White, blue-collar Democrats should be asking themselves whether a party more concerned about transgender issues, banning plastic straws and promoting taxpayer-funded health care for illegals is really concerned with job creation and wage growth.
(07-06-2019, 10:14 AM)BigDroppa Wrote: White, blue-collar Democrats should be asking themselves whether a party more concerned about transgender issues, banning plastic straws and promoting taxpayer-funded health care for illegals is really concerned with job creation and wage growth.

I'd like to believe that many have, but based on the 2018 results, perhaps not.
(07-06-2019, 10:14 AM)BigDroppa Wrote: White, blue-collar Democrats should be asking themselves whether a party more concerned about transgender issues, banning plastic straws and promoting taxpayer-funded health care for illegals is really concerned with job creation and wage growth.

I think the D's have thrown all whites overboard.  They just haven't made it super well known yet for obvious reasons.  Everything to the left is identity politics.  Everything.  So if you're paying even half attention and you're white?  You'd have to have a screw loose to keep voting for these clowns.  I know many old school Dems.  People that actually work for a living.  Those people have become Trump voters.  Not necessarily GOP supporters, but they much prefer Trump to the clown show being paraded out there now.  This is of course an anecdotal take from a guy in the MW.  I suspect any white NE and/or Cali Dem is still likely voting Dem.
(07-06-2019, 10:22 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote:

I think the D's have thrown all whites overboard.  They just haven't made it super well known yet for obvious reasons.  Everything to the left is identity politics.  Everything.  So if you're paying even half attention and you're white?  You'd have to have a screw loose to keep voting for these clowns.  I know many old school Dems.  People that actually work for a living.  Those people have become Trump voters.  Not necessarily GOP supporters, but they much prefer Trump to the clown show being paraded out there now.  This is of course an anecdotal take from a guy in the MW.  I suspect any white NE and/or Cali Dem is still likely voting Dem.
Don't be so sure of that in the hinterlands of California, NY, Illinois, etc.  They don't support the same things that metro liberals do.
Good point Zig, but there's obviously not enough of them to flip a state like that.  Pennsylvania was still within the realm of a long shot possibility, but states like CA and NY are likely gone forever.
Omar says she wants to abolish ICE and CBP. So that means no TSA and no CBP at border crossings to check for contraband or terrorist. BYOB.

Trump is running concentration camps. They make it seem like Trump fault these people showed up to bum-rush the border and flip their middle finger and grab their crotch at the US sovereign laws.
Quote:Don't be so sure of that in the hinterlands of California, NY, Illinois, etc.  They don't support the same things that metro liberals do.

Anybody with a public pension will always vote democrat. A friend since basic training lives in the burbs of Chicago; he votes democrat. His reasoning "They protect my job and pension". Other than that, he's a cool dude.

All my friends in NJ/NY that retired to the South vote democrat. Same reason. Most are nowhere near big cities.
The America, and the American Military, that you once knew is gone.
(07-06-2019, 10:32 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Good point Zig, but there's obviously not enough of them to flip a state like that.  Pennsylvania was still within the realm of a long shot possibility, but states like CA and NY are likely gone forever.

The entire NE is gone. It has built in factors - good schools, good jobs, etc. So, the leftists flock here.

MA, CT, and NJ are CA, IL, and NY.
The America, and the American Military, that you once knew is gone.
Well, Illinois and Cali are pushing the envelope on their "safety nets".  I'm guessing the NE won't be far behind.  

As for public pensions?  Off the top of my head:  military, cops and firemen?  No problem with that at all. The rest?  Not a fan.
(07-06-2019, 04:23 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Well, Illinois and Cali are pushing the envelope on their "safety nets".  I'm guessing the NE won't be far behind.  

As for public pensions?  Off the top of my head:  military, cops and firemen?  No problem with that at all. The rest?  Not a fan.
Teachers have public pension.  State congressmen, township trustees, county employees, judges, sheriff office, county offices, etc have Public Employee Retire System pensions, which are HUGE.  Same goes for anyone who works for the state of ohio like prison guards or admin etc. you name it.  Public pensions.

There is movement afoot in Illinois to declare Chicago a separate state.   They dominate the vote and the rural folk are sick of it.  Same in California to divide the state.

Anyone who votes dem thinking the protect anything are fools.   They want to collect, divide, socialize the nation.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best small forward of all time? TakeThePoints 240 2,990 03-14-2024, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Smoothmflikethat
  Did you move your clocks to the right time? zigbee 40 509 03-13-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  Well, it's time for the SOTU K9Buck 111 6,157 03-12-2024, 08:27 PM
  Well, it's time for the TOSU Blinky 1 51 03-06-2024, 09:25 PM
  (Hypothetical) Dems to January 6 rioters: "Hold my beer." P1tchblack 6 99 02-26-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: TroyKidd
  I've Got a Time Machine and I'll take you back in time zigbee 414 32,249 02-18-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: maize
  Election 2020: Revenge of the Dems P1tchblack 201 33,157 02-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Best baseballer of all time... TakeThePoints 29 454 02-12-2024, 12:54 PM
Last Post: TakeThePoints
  174 House Dems voted against barring terrorists from working for TSA zigbee 26 4,609 01-21-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: maize
  Mark Levin given new time slot on Fox News ChinaBuck 6 172 09-23-2023, 09:21 AM
Last Post: ScarletHayes