Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: A Big Bang led to star being born.

WELCOME new member AMaizawing (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will medical science determine that homosexuality is genetic?
I think they will, but maybe not in my lifetime.  

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/10/...x-behavior
No...
(06-29-2019, 05:46 PM)BoyGenius Wrote: No...

Do you believe that people choose to be homosexual?  

I think there must be something biological that predisposes them to be attracted to members of their own gender.
There *might* be something there, but whether or not it's handed down through the gene pool?  Who knows.  That said, my bet is one day we'll hear that "the science is settled" and that it's 100% biological whether it's true or not.
Balderdash.

The condition makes it nearly impossible to pass one's genes onto the next generation. That's not how Darwinism works.

Perhaps some people are born "bi" and then they become "gay" as a result of their life experiences.

But to suggest that one out of every 20 people suffer from some sort of mutation that completely destroys their biological reproductive instincts? That's absolutely preposterous.

Genetic, FFS. Nobody comes from a long line of homosexuals.
Most of my gay friends have kids and were married.

I think today that is not happening though with younger folks.

It would be ironic if this is say 99% genetic and 200 years from now there are no gays.
Many psychological abnormalities are in fact genetically based.
(06-29-2019, 06:00 PM)K9Buck Wrote:

I think there must be something biological that predisposes them to be attracted to members of their own gender.

Any version of "born that way" violates The Bible...
Some of you need to actually have gay friends or have a talk with them about their childhood. The vast majority knew they were gay at a very young age. Itâ€s a choice for some (these are largely the bisexual population or some who were sexually abused).
Thatâ€s my experience anyway.
No kid is going to choose to be gay. The last thing a kid wants is to be different than his peers.
Quote:Hard times make hard men.
Hard men make easy times. 
Easy times make soft men. 
Soft men make hard times.
(06-29-2019, 07:14 PM)dkeener67 Wrote: Some of you need to actually have gay friends or have a talk with them about their childhood. The vast majority knew they were gay at a very young age.  Itâ€s a choice for some (these are largely the bisexual population or some who were sexually abused).
No kid is going to choose to be gay. The last thing a kid wants is to be different than his peers.

'
I used to believe this, but a lot of kids rebel against authority and/or also like to go against the grain.  A girl shows up to school with green hair on a Monday isn't doing it to fit in with her peers.  

That said, I'm not totally throwing everything aside.  I think we're all born with certain tendencies (I will concede that I may be wrong here as well).  It's how we manage 'em is what matters.
(06-29-2019, 07:14 PM)dkeener67 Wrote: Some of you need to actually have gay friends or have a talk with them about their childhood. The vast majority knew they were gay at a very young age.  Itâ€s a choice for some (these are largely the bisexual population or some who were sexually abused).

Well said.
(06-29-2019, 07:05 PM)BoyGenius Wrote:
(06-29-2019, 06:00 PM)K9Buck Wrote:

Any version of "born that way" violates The Bible...
So do many of the major scientific discoveries and developments of the last 200 years.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blinding you with Science ChinaBuck 31 347 12-10-2023, 12:21 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  When your science flex is a flub... ChinaBuck 8 189 10-06-2023, 06:17 PM
  I am the Science ChinaBuck 3 78 08-16-2023, 07:21 AM
Last Post: Beastdog
  Can Anyone Explain the Science Sanitarian2 10 156 07-21-2023, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Sanitarian2
  The American Medical Association is looking out for you maize 8 162 07-14-2023, 05:57 AM
  The indoctrination of homosexuality in children at school K9Buck 11 210 06-05-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Sanitarian2
  Blueprint to build FRANCesSTEIN now available from group of medical pros zigbee 3 107 01-13-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: zigbee
  Our medical system is completely broken Bonebuck 55 779 12-12-2022, 10:24 AM
Last Post: 3rdgensooner
  NO TRANSGENDER - SEX IS LEARNED BEHAVIOR IT'S SCIENCE computerbuck 4 166 04-27-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: wydileie
  Don't pay your (small) medical bills Bucktastic1 44 1,478 03-22-2022, 05:42 PM
Last Post: davebucknut