Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
zigbeeLiving large on incredible ranches of the west
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...-forget-it
Make America Honest Again
If I had the means I'd live out there as opposed to a ***** hole like NY.  Work mostly from home and avoid feeding DeBlasio's commie utopia any local sales tax.  I'm assuming you'd still have to pay the state tax, but maybe there's a work around there too.  I mean, if you can manage a hedge-fund I'd think you'd have enough knowledge at a work-around of some sort.
(06-15-2019, 11:47 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: If I had the means I'd live out there as opposed to a ***** hole like NY.  Work mostly from home and avoid feeding DeBlasio's commie utopia any local sales tax.  I'm assuming you'd still have to pay the state tax, but maybe there's a work around there too.  I mean, if you can manage a hedge-fund I'd think you'd have enough knowledge at a work-around of some sort.
I could not live there.  I've traveled the nation.  Highways, backroads, East, west, North, South, big and little cities you name it I've been there.   Montana is so remote I just can't take it.  I stayed there few years ago and next morning was getting up to drive out to where Custer was killed at Little Big Horn.  Checked by gas tank and it looked low, 1/4 tank and told my wife I'll get gas in a bit and hit the back road.   Few hours later and watching for a station the little light we all hate to tell us we need gas came on.  I'm out in NO WHERE...my butt hole tightened.   Kinda felt the same when I was going through a barrio in LA one time to the airport to fly back and I'm with my wife and said if this cars stops we're dead.  ANYWAY....kept going and kept getting more queasy....AND out of nowhere I spot a desolate turn off to the left...crap hole but looked like a station.  I pulled in and it was UNMANNED....ONE PUMP...only took a credit card.  It was as if God blessed me that minute and I filled up and got the hell out of that WEIRD gas station in a remote area of Montana.  I was staying the night in Sheridan, Wy when I left to drive there.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Little...07.4324314
Once you got down the lay of the land you would probably love it there.  I'm not saying you have to live there 24/7/365, but it would definitely be preferable to NYC living.  For me it would.  I love open space.  Paying through the nose to live like a sardine does not appeal to me at all.
(06-15-2019, 12:10 PM)ScarletHayes Wrote: Once you got down the lay of the land you would probably love it there.  I'm not saying you have to live there 24/7/365, but it would definitely be preferable to NYC living.  For me it would.  I love open space.  Paying through the nose to live like a sardine does not appeal to me at all.
Absolutely.
ScarletHayes Wrote:Once you got down the lay of the land you would probably love it there.  I'm not saying you have to live there 24/7/365, but it would definitely be preferable to NYC living.  For me it would.  I love open space.  Paying through the nose to live like a sardine does not appeal to me at all.
I bought a small ranch in Colorado, San Juan National Forest, about 25 years ago.  You have to take a non maintained road 9 miles off the forest service road to get to it.  Switchbacks, ravines and ruts galore.  I have to hire a Dozer every few years to keep it passable.  You never see a soul there except for deer/elk hunting season. 

Well 2 1/2 years ago the forest service decided to close that road to the public.  Happy days.  Now it is like I have a 50,000 acre ranch all to myself.  Deer and elk are already showing up in larger numbers due to not having an ATV or truck drive by every 30 minutes during hunting season.  I love the solitude.  Elk, deer, turkey, bears (lots of BIG bears), lynx and bobcats, golden eagles roost on the rimrock above my cabin.

Being off the grid is the only pain in the ass.  Going up next week to fix the solar.  Again.
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
(06-15-2019, 12:54 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote:
ScarletHayes Wrote:Once you got down the lay of the land you would probably love it there.  I'm not saying you have to live there 24/7/365, but it would definitely be preferable to NYC living.  For me it would.  I love open space.  Paying through the nose to live like a sardine does not appeal to me at all.
I bought a small ranch in Colorado, San Juan National Forest, about 25 years ago.  You have to take a non maintained road 9 miles off the forest service road to get to it.  Switchbacks, ravines and ruts galore.  I have to hire a Dozer every few years to keep it passable.  You never see a soul there except for deer/elk hunting season. 

Well 2 1/2 years ago the forest service decided to close that road to the public.  Happy days.  Now it is like I have a 50,000 acre ranch all to myself.  Deer and elk are already showing up in larger numbers due to not having an ATV or truck drive by every 30 minutes during hunting season.  I love the solitude.  Elk, deer, turkey, bears (lots of BIG bears), lynx and bobcats, golden eagles roost on the rimrock above my cabin.

Being off the grid is the only pain in the ass.  Going up next week to fix the solar.  Again.
You know I'm off summers.....I like to see bears, fish, kill big game.
zigbee Wrote:
TakeThePoints Wrote:

No hunting in the summer.  Bear season starts first of Sept.  I have a large bear that uses the front porch posts for scratching.  Has been doing it for 3 Springs now.  If I was smart enough to be able to post pics from my phone I could show you Hulk.  The biggest black bear I have ever seen.  (actually, I may have shown him to you in Glendale).
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
(06-15-2019, 07:41 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote:
zigbee Wrote:
TakeThePoints Wrote:

No hunting in the summer.  Bear season starts first of Sept.  I have a large bear that uses the front porch posts for scratching.  Has been doing it for 3 Springs now.  If I was smart enough to be able to post pics from my phone I could show you Hulk.  The biggest black bear I have ever seen.  (actually, I may have shown him to you in Glendale).
Yes, you did.  Really cool stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A.case for large capacity magazines K9Buck 7 68 04-13-2024, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Blinky
  It's incredible what SOME black people can and do say about white people zigbee 21 153 04-05-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: davebucknut
  People don't listen, stay out of areas with large numbers of blacks K9Buck 28 414 01-05-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  BG/BM7 living rent free in the NH. ScarletHayes 9 143 01-05-2024, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Bill Maher with a walk-off grand slam in defense of the west. ScarletHayes 45 986 11-20-2023, 01:21 PM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Almost Heaven West Virginia ChinaBuck 7 138 10-10-2023, 04:42 PM
Last Post: dkeener67
  What does pitch do for a living? ChinaBuck 13 411 10-02-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Syncro
  This was where a large dose of bear spray was needed K9Buck 13 226 09-17-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TroyKidd
  Incredible dog transformation TakeThePoints 7 146 07-20-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  West Hollywood "safety ambassadors" K9Buck 5 163 04-29-2023, 08:01 PM
Last Post: TroyKidd