Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Your life doesn't get better by chance. It gets better by change. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PETA denounces fishing as a cruel sport ... insist that fish feel pain and terror
PETA Condemns Fishing as ‘Cruel†Harassment

THOMAS D. WILLIAMS, PH.D
8 Jun 2019166

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has denounced fishing as a cruel sport, insisting that fish feel pain and urging all anglers to become vegans.
“Fish are sentient individuals who feel pain,” PETA stated in a tweet Friday. “Invading an animalâ€s natural habitat, harassing them, killing them, and eating them for fun is so cruel.”

[b]“Donâ€t go fishing this summer, or EVER,” PETA commanded.[/b]

Rob Smith to Carlos Maza: 'I Know What It's Like to Be the Target of Homophobic Bullying... Dude, Man Up'

In their accompanying video, PETA asks viewers to try to imagine what their cold-blooded brethren feel by putting themselves in the fishâ€s place.

“Anglers often try to retrieve hooks by shoving their fingers or even a pair of pliers down a fishâ€s throat. Doing this doesnâ€t just rip out the hook, but also part of the fishâ€s throat and organs,” the video states.

“Can you imagine having a hook pierce your face before suffocating to death?” it asks.

“No one deserves this. Try vegan!” it adds, seeming to suggest that human rights and fish rights are basically equivalent and that a fish is a “someone” just as a human being is.

“People often wonder: Do fish feel pain? Yes, they do,” PETA declares, citing Penn State Universityâ€s Victoria Braithwaite as saying that there is “as much evidence that fish feel pain and suffer as there is for birds and mammals.”

The PETA video then seems to suggest that the capacity to experience psychological “terror” is a function of sensory nerve endings.

“Pain receptors in fish are strikingly similar to those of mammals. So when fish are hooked, they not only endure physical pain but also terror,” the video says, before going on to describe the death of a fish in heart-wrenching terms.

“When theyâ€re yanked out of the water, they begin to suffocate. Their gills often collapse and their swim bladders can rupture,” it states.

“It is a prolonged, slow death most of the time” the video says, citing Dr. Culum Brown, an Australian behavioral ecologist and associate professor at Macquarie University in Sydney, who developed “life skills training” for hatchery-reared salmonids. 

https://www.breitbart.com/environment/20...arassment/
I think of it as educating fish. The next time, that fish will be just a bit wary of a too good to be true situation; a delicious meal swimming right past itâ€s face.
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
DC is a symptom, not the cause. The cause is basic voter stupidity and economic ignorance.
Makes one wonder what Third has against little fishies. Such barbarism.
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
Sounds fishy to me.
In France, fish is poisson...
What about mermaids?
Les poissons, les poissons 
How I love les poissons
DC is a symptom, not the cause. The cause is basic voter stupidity and economic ignorance.
“Can you imagine having a hook pierce your face before suffocating to death?” it asks.

Sixty one million aborted babies say hello.
(06-09-2019, 12:55 PM)jmesser1982 Wrote: “Can you imagine having a hook pierce your face before suffocating to death?” it asks.

End of discussion.
(06-09-2019, 12:55 PM)jmesser1982 Wrote: “Can you imagine having a hook pierce your face before suffocating to death?” it asks.

Boom-cold truth!
"On fishing shows, they catch the fish and then let it go.
They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something." - Mitch Hedberg

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worst Pain you have experienced ChinaBuck 54 669 01-14-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: dkeener67
  Idiot stole fish from Bass Pro Shop K9Buck 3 69 12-21-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  I feel slighted, no one has offered me sex for information ChinaBuck 4 104 09-12-2023, 11:54 PM
  Weird knee pain P1tchblack 21 323 06-17-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Not sure how I feel about this one. P1tchblack 40 530 02-07-2023, 12:05 AM
  How do we feel about Harmeet? ChinaBuck 5 102 01-10-2023, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Syncro
  When wokedom bites ya in the azzzz (feel good story of the day) ScarletHayes 9 241 01-09-2023, 05:19 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  There’s some cheating going on in the fishing world… Alabuckeye 12 277 10-04-2022, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Bonebuck
  Not sure how I feel about this one P1tchblack 6 182 09-01-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Smoothmflikethat
  Feel Good Story Beastdog 5 208 08-09-2022, 06:50 PM
Last Post: davebucknut