Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dkeener67Burial or cremation?
For me, give me the barbecue. Burials are stupid expensive. And my family can take my ashes to the pacific coast with an onshore wind and pull a Donny. 
This is after I donate whatever organ that isnâ€t beyond salvage to some poor SOB that needs it.
Quote:Hard times make hard men.
Hard men make easy times. 
Easy times make soft men. 
Soft men make hard times.
Cremation. No desire to have my family pay big bucks
I've decided on the ashes route myself. It really shouldn't cost that much to be planted after you pass. I have a burial plot in my home town cemetery that I bought over 40 years ago for $25. It's right next to my sister's and her husband. They'll both be cremated and their ashes mixed together and buried in the same vessel. Pretty cool gesture. No need for a back hoe to dig the grave, just a post hole auger. I'm an organ donor as well, but I don't plan on anything being worth much to anyone when I go.
Cremation. Makes everything a whole lot easier for family and friends and less expensive. No brained for me. I want my son and grandkids to take my ashes back to Ohio and spread them over my parents graves so they know where I grew up and where those graves are.
(06-06-2019, 06:56 PM)Yes YLongtoothbuck Wrote: Cremation.  Makes everything a whole lot easier for family and friends and less expensive.  No brained for me.   I want my son and grandkids to take my ashes back to Ohio and spread them over my parents graves so they know where I grew up and where those graves are.

I like that idea – spread them on my momâ€s and little brotherâ€s graves.  They are side-by-side.
The idea of my semi preserved carcass rotting really makes me rethink the cremation thing.  I know, I know.  You're dead, so what difference does it make, but...   

Gonna have to think this one over.  Hopefully have close to another half century before it's even an issue though.
(06-06-2019, 06:35 PM)sparky454 Wrote: I've decided on the ashes route myself. It really shouldn't cost that much to be planted after you pass. I have a burial plot in my home town cemetery that I bought over 40 years ago for $25. It's right next to my sister's and her husband. They'll both be cremated and their ashes mixed together and buried in the same vessel. Pretty cool gesture. No need for a back hoe to dig the grave, just a post hole auger. I'm an organ donor as well, but I don't plan on anything being worth much to anyone when I go.

You could get some good coin for that liver right now, if you hurry.
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
Glad we cremated my Dad (he wanted it too). Haven't got around to it yet, but he will be spread in several places. I won't say where, not going to incriminate myself.  Smile
I buried both of my brothers ashes up on my Colorado property. I took my old dog, Doc's ashes up there as well, but I can't get up the gumption to bury his. guess I liked my dog more. I told wife to bury me with Doc, but I'll probably get flushed.
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
(06-06-2019, 07:43 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 06:35 PM)sparky454 Wrote: I've decided on the ashes route myself. It really shouldn't cost that much to be planted after you pass. I have a burial plot in my home town cemetery that I bought over 40 years ago for $25. It's right next to my sister's and her husband. They'll both be cremated and their ashes mixed together and buried in the same vessel. Pretty cool gesture. No need for a back hoe to dig the grave, just a post hole auger. I'm an organ donor as well, but I don't plan on anything being worth much to anyone when I go.

I'm not really done with it yet.
(06-06-2019, 07:46 PM)maizegoblue Wrote: Glad we cremated my Dad (he wanted it too). Haven't got around to it yet, but he will be spread in several places. I won't say where, not going to incriminate myself.  Smile
Well if you want him to be a winner in the afterlife, I have an idea or two. Big Grin
(06-06-2019, 07:48 PM)sparky454 Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 07:43 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote:

I'm not really done with it yet.

Half of it is all you need. Actually you could get by with 1/4 of it. So donâ€t be selfish Sparky.  Tongue
I know someone (colleague) who is going to donate their bodies to Ohio University for study....hmmmmmmmmmm.  Not sure I'd want that when I think what they will do.
Make America Honest Again
Not sure, Keener. About 15 years ago I had hep b, so it could be tainted.
Regarding the organ donations... I am on the donor list. I was told by someone I should remove myself because they won't try as hard to save you (should it come down to that) because they are ready to harvest your organs to give to someone else. Any accuracy to that?