Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: People do not care until they learn how much you do. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm now an apartment dweller
We sold our home in So Ohio (Portsmouth) where we lived near So Ohio Med Ctr Campus and moved out of town to a nearby village.  We raised our family there and had restored a mid century brick and stone 4 story home and decided since all kids have gone it was time.  We luckily found a loft 2 bed 2 bath new apt in a building Vern Riffe owned and had insurance agency in.  I'm going to live here a while and buy condo/vacation home hopefully near Wilmington NC in next year with some of the money we earned as we'd paid our home off almost 15 years ago.   Going to Wilmington in June to stay few days and look.

Anyway, got some of pics of this fabulous place with high end stuff like granite, etc.
[Image: enhance]
Make America Honest Again

Nice. Two bedroom? Thatâ€s good. I would like a king size bed when I come visit. thank you.
Quote:Hard times make hard men.
Hard men make easy times. 
Easy times make soft men. 
Soft men make hard times.
We really like living here and moved in last Friday.  Lot of space, walk in closets and huge storage closet.

Best part?  No more cutting grass, painting, repairing, or extra expense.  I'm done boys.  Done.
(05-27-2019, 09:38 AM)dkeener67 Wrote: Nice. Two bedroom? Thatâ€s good. I would like a king size bed when I come visit. thank you.

My office is second bedroom, BUT DO NOT FRET!  I have a queen inflatable for that room for guests like you.  Please come.  Can I trust you with my bar fridge?
Why Wilmington?
(05-27-2019, 09:44 AM)BoyGenius Wrote: Why Wilmington?

Why not? Cost of living is not bad.  Real Estate is reasonable.  On the ocean.  Going to look there next month.  Nothing set in stone.

There are two apts in this building.   My neighbor is former MLB player for Pirates and Rangers, Al Oliver.  He loves Wilmington and I've spoken to others we know who love it.  We'll see.  My visit in June will give me more information.
(05-27-2019, 09:46 AM)zigbee Wrote:
(05-27-2019, 09:44 AM)BoyGenius Wrote: Why Wilmington?

Why not? Cost of living is not bad.  Real Estate is reasonable.  On the ocean.  Going to look there next month.  Nothing set in stone.

There are two apts in this building.   My neighbor is former MLB player for Pirates and Rangers, Al Oliver.  He loves Wilmington and I've spoken to others we know who love it.  We'll see.  My visit in June will give me more information.

I was just curious... it's a nice area.
Here is my neighbor.  Good guy.
[Image: 16137.jpg]

https://www.baseball-reference.com/playe...al01.shtml

Played with Willie Stargell and Dock Ellis...
Nice place. "You" really know how to decorate. Rolleyes
Boobs are proof that men can concentrate on 2 things at the same time
(05-27-2019, 09:56 AM)buckeyewalt Wrote: Nice place. "You" really know how to decorate. Rolleyes

I know.  My wife dominates me.  I really have no say in much of this [Image: emoji19.png]
(05-27-2019, 09:41 AM)zigbee Wrote:
(05-27-2019, 09:38 AM)dkeener67 Wrote: Nice. Two bedroom? Thatâ€s good. I would like a king size bed when I come visit. thank you.

My office is second bedroom, BUT DO NOT FRET!  I have a queen inflatable for that room for guests like you.  Please come.  Can I trust you with my bar fridge?

Sure. I promise Iâ€ll empty it.
Quote:Hard times make hard men.
Hard men make easy times. 
Easy times make soft men. 
Soft men make hard times.
Sounds like a great place Zig.....hope you enjoy it. Is condo life louder with closer neighbors?
(05-27-2019, 11:24 AM)Alabuckeye Wrote: Sounds like a great place Zig.....hope you enjoy it. Is condo life louder with closer neighbors?

Al is quiet.  He is my only neighbor in this old building.  They will use bottom for commercial retail space like a kitchen cabinet sales place and my landlord will have an office in there.  The building is a huge brick structure with top for the only two apts.

THANKS!!
Always had you figured as a trailer type guy.
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sad, Ivanna Trump found dead in her apartment K9Buck 7 264 07-14-2022, 11:17 PM
Last Post: stxbuck
  A grenade in our apartment complex garden ChinaBuck 10 592 06-16-2022, 04:09 AM
Last Post: ChinaBuck
  12 story apartment building COLLAPSED! K9Buck 90 17,755 07-09-2021, 07:44 PM
Last Post: zigbee