Welcome to the zigbeenuthouse!!! Our discussion board has topics on ALL Sports and teams from college to pros, Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, Browns, Food, US politics, religion, news, AND MORE! You MUST register with an acct. to post here. The access to read as non member is open. Please register and gain an acct. with user name to post and ENJOY this site. (June 11, 2019)

Quote of the day: Your life doesn't get better by chance. It gets better by change. (April 03, 2020)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghosts - do they exist?
I don't know that I have ever experienced an encounter with a "ghost" (spirit), but I do believe that they exist.  

Here is a brief explanation of what they are by a Catholic philosopher.  

https://churchpop.com/2017/10/27/real-bu...of-ghosts/

Do ghosts really exist? And if so, how should Catholics think about them?
The prolific Catholic Dr. Peter Kreeft, professor of philosophy at Boston College, gives a resounding ‘yesâ€Â to the first question and a great explanation to the second.
“[Even] [w]ithout our action or invitation, the dead often do appear to the living,” Kreeft asserts. “There is enormous evidence of ‘ghosts†in all cultures.”
The first thing Catholics should know about ghosts, Kreeft explains, is that we should not try to contact or communicate with them.  Any kind of participation in the occult or spiritism is sinful. “We are out of our depth,” Kreeft explains, and there is “danger of deception by evil spirits.” This is why, when it comes to supernatural things, we should stick exclusively with God, his revelation, and his Church.
But how does the existence of ghosts fit into our faith?
Kreeft suggests there are three kinds of ghosts, one kind from each of the places of the afterlife:
1) Ghosts from hell
“[T]here are malicious and deceptive spirits,” Kreeft explains, “and since they are deceptive, they hardly ever appear malicious. These are probably the ones who respond to conjurings at sÃances. They probably come from Hell. Even the chance of that happening should be sufficient to terrify away all temptation to necromancy..”
2) Ghosts from purgatory
This is “the most familiar kind: the sad ones, the wispy ones,” Kreef explains. “They seem to be working out some unfinished earthly business, or suffering some purgatorial purification until released from their earthly, business. These ghosts would seem to be the ones who just barely made it to Purgatory, who feel little or no joy yet and who need to learn many painful lessons about their past lives on earth.”
3) Ghosts from heaven
Lastly, “there are the bright, happy spirits of dead friends and family, especially spouses, who appear unbidden, at Godâ€s will, not ours, with messages of hope and love. They seem to come from Heaven. Unlike the purgatorial ghosts who come back primarily for their own sakes, these bright spirits come back for the sake of us the living, to tell us all is well.”
Yaaaaah......No.
I dont know how religion and science can finally agree on one subject *the ghost and the machine* so to speak,  and there is a debate whether it's real or not. 
Fear of being cast out or chided for being delusional?
Yes. I have seen a ghost. Yes I believe there is a spirit that occupies the human machine.  Yes I believe this conciousness  or life force moves on after human expiration.  
I believe sometimes there is a "glitch in the matrix " where these two planes cross paths.
No.
(04-24-2019, 05:55 PM)Palerider Wrote: I dont know how religion and science can finally agree on one subject *the ghost and the machine* so to speak,  and there is a debate whether it's real or not. 
Yes. I have seen a ghost. Yes I believe there is a spirit that occupies the human machine.  Yes I believe this conciousness  or life force moves on after human expiration.  
I believe sometimes there is a "glitch in the matrix " where these two planes cross paths.

Yes, the lifeforce continues after this body dies.  I posted on this before and pretty much got asshat responses.  I have seen and heard absolute, undeniable proof.  And I was not a believer before that.  I actually feel sorry for the Thirds out there that think that this miserable existence is all there is. 
OK, wait for it.
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
(04-24-2019, 06:31 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 05:55 PM)Palerider Wrote: I dont know how religion and science can finally agree on one subject *the ghost and the machine* so to speak,  and there is a debate whether it's real or not. 

Yes, the lifeforce continues after this body dies.  I posted on this before and pretty much got asshat responses.  I have seen and heard absolute, undeniable proof.  And I was not a believer before that.  I actually feel sorry for the Thirds out there that think that this miserable existence is all there is. 
OK, wait for it.

Tell the story about you seeing the ghost.  I vaguely remember a story about a woman( medium) who had contact with the dead and gave you some information that no one could know.  I remember most of your stories.
Make America Honest Again
(04-24-2019, 06:35 PM)zigbee Wrote:

OK, wait for it.

Tell the story about you seeing the ghost.  I vaguely remember a story about a woman( medium) who had contact with the dead and gave you some information that no one could know.  I remember most of your stories.
I wasn't talking about ghosts.  I don't know if "ghosts" exist.  I just know that we transition after death to a spiritual realm.  There are a lot of charlatan mediums out there that give the few legitimate ones a bad name.  Debra Martin, who charged nothing when I met her, is one of the legitimate ones.  She relayed messages to me from both parents and both brothers who had passed.  Messages in minute detail and nothing general.  Specific incidences and experiences that only my family and I knew.  And she got NOTHING wrong, so forget about all the "fishing" readings so many charlatans do.  One solid hour of confirmations. 

I asked questions, and specific, correct answers were given.  I challenged her statements and tried to trip her up.  Nope. She gave me the correct answers every time.  A life changing experience.  And I would have absolutely no reason to make this shiit up and relay it to a bunch of strangers on a talk forum.  No reason at all.
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
(04-24-2019, 06:48 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote:

OK, wait for it.

I wasn't talking about ghosts.  I don't know if "ghosts" exist.  I just know that we transition after death to a spiritual realm.  There are a lot of charlatan mediums out there that give the few legitimate ones a bad name.  Debra Martin, who charged nothing when I met her, is one of the legitimate ones.  She relayed messages to me from both parents and both brothers who had passed.  Messages in minute detail and nothing general.  Specific incidences and experiences that only my family and I knew.  And she got NOTHING wrong, so forget about all the "fishing" readings so many charlatans do.  One solid hour of confirmations. 

I asked questions, and specific, correct answers were given.  I challenged her statements and tried to trip her up.  Nope. She gave me the correct answers every time.  A life changing experience.  And I would have absolutely no reason to make this shiit up and relay it to a bunch of strangers on a talk forum.  No reason at all.

There are a lot of charlatan mediums out there that give the few legitimate ones a bad name.

[Image: giphy.gif]

OK, wait for it.

Ok, I do remember this.
Thanks.
Make America Honest Again
(04-24-2019, 06:50 PM)P1tchblack Wrote:

OK, wait for it.

There are a lot of charlatan mediums out there that give the few legitimate ones a bad name.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Didn't have to wait long.
  Even when I was not a believer, I kept an open mind. 
Some aren't capable of that.  I am not a medium but I can predict the next 2 who will deride this.  Poor, closed minded fools that they are.
DANGEROUS WHEN PROVOKED
I remember seeing them when I was really young, but suspect that they were just dreams.

I think you're on to something.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pull out your DAGA hat: this is about Demons, Angels, Ghosts and Aliens ChinaBuck 21 259 05-21-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Blinky
Thumbs Up Hightop told us these people don't exist Beastdog 15 390 11-04-2022, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Alabuckeye
  Chasing ghosts and setting the table ScarletHayes 1 512 06-26-2021, 09:00 AM
Last Post: Hightop77
  Unicorns exist!!! stxbuck 4 458 05-03-2021, 09:07 PM
Last Post: ScarletHayes
  I'm always shocked to find that these type of people still exist P1tchblack 38 6,893 05-03-2021, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Blinky
  Do public schools exist to prepare students for college and adulthood? K9Buck 10 612 09-11-2020, 02:31 PM
Last Post: TcSoup
  Does free will exist? P1tchblack 32 1,672 07-17-2019, 08:32 AM
Last Post: P1tchblack
  Did Jesus exist before he was in Mary's womb? K9Buck 18 2,507 03-17-2019, 04:54 AM
Last Post: cincydawg
  Let's just imagine it doesn't exist.... P1tchblack 5 1,289 03-06-2019, 05:40 PM
Last Post: cincydawg
  Rivals and 247 give 3* rating to a player... who doesn't exist maize 4 1,324 02-16-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: maize