zigbeenuthouse
Rock and Roll HOF - Printable Version

+- zigbeenuthouse (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com)
+-- Forum: The Front Porch. Come on in and talk! (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: ZigbeeNutHouse List of topics for discussion (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Rock and Roll HOF (/thread-3860.html)

Pages: 1 2

Rock and Roll HOF - BWT30 - 01-15-2020

New members that will be inducted into the R&R HOF are:

Depeche Mode, Doobie Brothers, Whitney Houston, Nine Inch Nails, The Notorious B.I.G., and T. Rex and 4 of these are first time inductees!

It's a big travesty when you have so many others that have been ignored for one Johnny Rivers. Some more are, Tommy James and the Shondells, 3 dog Night, Steppenwolf, The Guess Who, The Marvelettes, Connie Francis, Bad Company, etc., etc. 

The R&R HOF is one big joke.

RE: Rock and Roll HOF - Brutus Buckeye - 01-15-2020

Not to mention a lot of this crap ain't rock n roll.

RE: Rock and Roll HOF - 3rdgensooner - 01-15-2020

Madonna is in and some of those bands above aren't? It is a joke.

RE: Rock and Roll HOF - zigbee - 01-15-2020

Rock & Roll HOF is for tourism and cannot be taken seriously.

RE: Rock and Roll HOF - Brutus Buckeye - 01-15-2020

Cant they open a hip hop/r and b hall of fame, and take this trash out of the RnR HoF?

RE: Rock and Roll HOF - TcSoup - 01-15-2020

Pat Benatar was the biggest snub this year.

RE: Rock and Roll HOF - TcSoup - 01-15-2020

(01-15-2020, 04:53 PM)buckeyewalt Wrote: New members that will be inducted into the R&R HOF are:

Depeche Mode, Doobie Brothers, Whitney Houston, Nine Inch Nails, The Notorious B.I.G., and T. Rex and 4 of these are first time inductees!

It's a big travesty when you have so many others that have been ignored for one Johnny Rivers. Some more are, Tommy James and the Shondells, 3 dog Night, Steppenwolf, The Guess Who, The Marvelettes, Connie Francis, Bad Company, etc., etc. 

i shall at Grand Funk Railroad who out sold Shea Stadium faster than the Beatles did back in the day.

RE: Rock and Roll HOF - ScarletHayes - 01-15-2020

(01-15-2020, 04:53 PM)buckeyewalt Wrote: New members that will be inducted into the R&R HOF are:

Those bands, including Pat Benatar, aren't in, but Depeche Mode?  Notorious BIG?  Are you kidding me?  

I don't really care who's in, but when you list who isn't in, then in gets absurd.  Didn't Yes finally get voted in last year or so?  Madonna in and Yes wasn't?  It is a joke.

RE: Rock and Roll HOF - maize - 01-15-2020

I was always surprised about Flavor Flav. He is in the RnR HOF. Got a free ticket to a Public Enemy concert (and others) dude played a different instrument on almost every song. Some of these others, no.

RE: Rock and Roll HOF - Arby328 - 01-16-2020

Ridiculous that Pat Benatar missed out.

RE: Rock and Roll HOF - jmesser1982 - 01-16-2020

(01-15-2020, 06:18 PM)TcSoup Wrote:

i shall at Grand Funk Railroad who out sold Shea Stadium faster than the Beatles did back in the day.

Grand Funk Railroad was one of my favorite bands. I agree with Walt's list of bands who should be in the hof. Every one of those are worthy and deserving.

RE: Rock and Roll HOF - Fotownbuckeye - 01-16-2020

Good to see Biggie get in.

He was the king and easily one musics biggest losses in the last 30 years. Died way to young

RE: Rock and Roll HOF - 3rdgensooner - 01-16-2020

It needs a name change. Pop music hall of fame. Rap and crappy radio schlock like Madummy isn't rock.

RE: Rock and Roll HOF - Brutus Buckeye - 01-16-2020

I think country is the one genre that they don't enshrine.

RE: Rock and Roll HOF - BWT30 - 01-16-2020

(01-16-2020, 11:39 AM)Brutus Buckeye Wrote: I think country is the one genre that they don't enshrine.
I think you're right because Dolly Parton is not in. Not a fan of hers but I think that she's probably sold more records than all of those who got in this last ballot combined.