zigbeenuthouse
Smartest Kids in the world? - Printable Version

+- zigbeenuthouse (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com)
+-- Forum: The Front Porch. Come on in and talk! (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: ZigbeeNutHouse List of topics for discussion (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Smartest Kids in the world? (/thread-3498.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Smartest Kids in the world? - zigbee - 12-03-2019

CHINA

RE: Smartest Kids in the world? - Brutus Buckeye - 12-03-2019

Well, duh.

[Image: Sketch-4race-transparent.png]

RE: Smartest Kids in the world? - P1tchblack - 12-03-2019

When you compare their education system, and parental dedication to education, to that of the US, it's no surprise that they're as smart as they are.

Or it could be that their education system and parental dedication is simply what you'd expect to see from the race that has the highest average IQ, which is genetic.

(12-03-2019, 11:37 AM)Brutus Buckeye Wrote: Or it could be that their education system and parental dedication is simply what you'd expect to see from the race that has the highest average IQ, which is genetic.

Maybe, but I would also argue that they go overboard with their "dedication".  They had to pass a law that said kids can't do online classes past 9pm because kids were being kept up all hours of the night doing online classes.

I'd expect the most intelligent race to spend an ungodly amount of time on academics, just as I'd expect the most athletic race, the blacks, to devote an insane amount of time to playing sports.

(12-03-2019, 11:56 AM)Brutus Buckeye Wrote: I'd expect the most intelligent race to spend an ungodly amount of time on academics, just as I'd expect the most athletic race, the blacks, to devote an insane amount of time to playing sports.

I would expect highly intelligent people to know that young kids need certain amounts of sleep to function at their best.

You aren't exactly an expert on intelligent people, let alone what is best for them.

(12-03-2019, 02:12 PM)Brutus Buckeye Wrote: You aren't exactly an expert on intelligent people, let alone what is best for them.

True, but I am able to read, so I'm able to take in information from people who DO know what's best for kids.

But you lack the intellect needed to process what you read in order to extrapolate logical conclusions.

(12-03-2019, 02:54 PM)Brutus Buckeye Wrote: But you lack the intellect needed to process  what you read in order to extrapolate logical conclusions.

Well, only one of us seems befuddled by the concept of sufficient sleep for kids, so.....

RE: Smartest Kids in the world? - zigbee - 12-03-2019

Can we get link on smart gene and athletic gene?

(12-03-2019, 03:01 PM)zigbee Wrote: Can we get link on smart gene and athletic gene?

There's no evidence, at this point, that "g" (general intelligence) is anything but genetic.

[Image: Rushton-races-2.png]

RE: Smartest Kids in the world? - zigbee - 12-03-2019

(12-03-2019, 03:11 PM)Brutus Buckeye Wrote: [Image: Rushton-races-2.png]
And the gene link?   The above does not state a link in the least for genetic difference in intelligence nor athletic ability.