zigbeenuthouse
Reclining your airline seat - Printable Version

+- zigbeenuthouse (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com)
+-- Forum: The Front Porch. Come on in and talk! (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: ZigbeeNutHouse List of topics for discussion (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Reclining your airline seat (/thread-3285.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Reclining your airline seat - TakeThePoints - 11-12-2019

What's the big deal?  It doesn't intrude on knee or leg space, it only reclines a very few inches.  Never bothers me when the person ahead of me reclines. 

Is this just a snowflake issue?

RE: Reclining your airline seat - BoyGenius - 11-12-2019

(11-12-2019, 03:29 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote: Is this just a snowflake issue?

Yes.

RE: Reclining your airline seat - Alabuckeye - 11-12-2019

It's a population of people that have no idea how to act in public and interact with others.

It really doesn't lean that far back.

RE: Reclining your airline seat - AlumneyeJ93 - 11-12-2019

My knees are usually up against the seat in front of me on the regional jets. So, I keep my fingers crossed
the person in front of me doesn't recline but I don't begrudge them if they do. I get more annoyed with
the arm rest hoggers. My usual flight is 2-1/2 hours, do you think I could put my arm on it for 5 minutes, jerkwad.
Most often, I get a window seat so I can wedge myself up against it and not touch anybody.

When I am in the waiting area I scan the crowd as I have developed an uncanny ability to pick out the person
that will be sitting next to me. Man do I cringe when its a big un.

RE: Reclining your airline seat - zigbee - 11-12-2019

Flying used to be fun and enjoyable.  Pain in the rear now.  I hate it.[Image: emoji574.png]

RE: Reclining your airline seat - TakeThePoints - 11-12-2019

AlumneyeJ93 Wrote:My knees are usually up against the seat in front of me on the regional jets. So, I keep my fingers crossed
the person in front of me doesn't recline but I don't begrudge them if they do. I get more annoyed with
the arm rest hoggers. My usual flight is 2-1/2 hours, do you think I could put my arm on it for 5 minutes, jerkwad.
Most often, I get a window seat so I can wedge myself up against it and not touch anybody.

When I am in the waiting area I scan the crowd as I have developed an uncanny ability to pick out the person
I always go for a window seat.  I always let the cattle de-plane before I get up to leave.  I am always amazed at the idiots who stand up, stooped over, as soon as the plane lands, then waits 5-10 minutes before they can move.

RE: Reclining your airline seat - Dzone1 - 11-12-2019

(11-12-2019, 04:03 PM)TakeThePoints Wrote:
AlumneyeJ93 Wrote:My knees are usually up against the seat in front of me on the regional jets. So, I keep my fingers crossed

I always go for a window seat.  I always let the cattle de-plane before I get up to leave.  I am always amazed at the idiots who stand up, stooped over, as soon as the plane lands, then waits 5-10 minutes before they can move.
I’ll also sit in the back of the bird to try to keep people away from me.

RE: Reclining your airline seat - Brutus Buckeye - 11-12-2019

I always "sit big"

If you scrunch all up then the people next to you will "sit big" and then you don't have any room. 

Another trick I've learned is if you are the first one in your row, you break out the barf bag and keep it on your lap. Make sure that you have your headphones on so that no one can ask if you are feeling okay. Nobody will sit there unless the plane is sold out, and you get the entire row to yourself.

RE: Reclining your airline seat - TcSoup - 11-12-2019

(11-12-2019, 03:54 PM)AlumneyeJ93 Wrote: My knees are usually up against the seat in front of me on the regional jets. So, I keep my fingers crossed

Quit jinxing yourself. 

I think we determined its etiquitte that each person should be allowed the Left arm rest . Or right but not both at Movies and on Flights.

RE: Reclining your airline seat - zigbee - 11-12-2019

[Image: display?key=fd92ebbc52fc43fb98f69e50e789...t4vx31.jpg]

RE: Reclining your airline seat - Brutus Buckeye - 11-12-2019

[Image: passenger_1532425c.jpg]

RE: Reclining your airline seat - TakeThePoints - 11-12-2019

Brutus Buckeye Wrote:I always "sit big"

If you scrunch all up then the people next to you will "sit big" and then you don't have any room. 

Another trick I've learned is if you are the first one in your row, you break out the barf bag and keep it on your lap. Make sure that you have your headphones on so that no one can ask if you are feeling okay. Nobody will sit there unless the plane is sold out, and you get the entire row to yourself.
I can't remember the last time I was on an airplane with empty seats.