zigbeenuthouse
Trump abandoning Kurds move to end involvement in wars? - Printable Version

+- zigbeenuthouse (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com)
+-- Forum: The Front Porch. Come on in and talk! (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: ZigbeeNutHouse List of topics for discussion (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Trump abandoning Kurds move to end involvement in wars? (/thread-2938.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Trump abandoning Kurds move to end involvement in wars? - zigbee - 10-07-2019

https://news.yahoo.com/white-house-says-u-forces-034659131.html

RE: Trump abandoning Kurds move to end involvement in wars? - cincydawg - 10-07-2019

What are the viable alternatives here?  Going to war with Turkey is not one of them.

RE: Trump abandoning Kurds move to end involvement in wars? - zigbee - 10-07-2019

(10-07-2019, 07:53 AM)cincydawg Wrote: What are the viable alternatives here?  Going to war with Turkey is not one of them.
Alternatives COULD be other nations aside the US always having to come in to spend money and fight for these groups who can't defend themselves.  Who could that be???????  I have no idea.

RE: Trump abandoning Kurds move to end involvement in wars? - cincydawg - 10-07-2019

There is no other country who can put in more than a token force and support them over time.  We usually end up supplying the logistics for whatever the UK puts in anyway.

Well, there is the IDF, but we really don't want them engaged on the ground.

RE: Trump abandoning Kurds move to end involvement in wars? - ScarletHayes - 10-07-2019

I am all about arming up people.  This is the CIA's wheelhouse.  Give them (Kurds) the weapons and let them fight it out.  If other countries want to join in the cause I say go for it.  America is just flat tapped out.  We have guys getting killed all over the place over there, and your average American has no idea it's even happening.  We are becoming numb to this crap. 

I suspect that this foreign policy stance is another reason the left despises Trump.  Not that they are all pro meddling/neo cons on the issue, but that Trump is taking the anti war issue away from them.  Everything is political to these people.

Our current KIA rate due to combat is quite low, but we are spending a lot of money in Afghanistan and other places.

But, it's the US or no one in most cases.  

I'm for withdrawal from the entire mideast of course, with the ability to use standoff weaponry against terrorist bases that crop up.

RE: Trump abandoning Kurds move to end involvement in wars? - lrrps21 - 10-07-2019

A list of those who abandoned the Kurds.

The Shah of Iran
President Reagan
President Bush I
President Clinton

Henry Kissinger infamously joked "%%%% the kurds if they can't take a joke".

RE: Trump abandoning Kurds move to end involvement in wars? - JamesWright - 10-07-2019

It isn't just screwing over the Kurds that bothers me. It's kowtowing to Erdogan. It's letting the Russians save Assad in Syria. It's letting Assad use chemical weapons. It's Trump making Obama's ghastly failures in Syria even worse.

Of course we shouldn't be invading Syria. We should have supported the rebels and helped them to bring down one of the world's most brutal dictators, which we could have done without a single soldier entering the country--okay so maybe some special forces, trainers, etc. Instead, we've given carte blanche to the worst people there and for no benefit to our nation.

Our military footprint in Syria has always been special forces types, trainers, logistics and intel experts, and guys who can bring in air strikes and artillery as spotters.

What would you suggest as an alternative policy?

RE: Trump abandoning Kurds move to end involvement in wars? - AkronBuck - 10-07-2019

(10-07-2019, 11:22 AM)cincydawg Wrote: Our military footprint in Syria has always been special forces types, trainers, logistics and intel experts, and guys who can bring in air strikes and artillery as spotters.

What would you suggest as an alternative policy?

James the Humanitarian says Drop the Bomb..! read between his sentences

RE: Trump abandoning Kurds move to end involvement in wars? - Hightop77 - 10-07-2019

(10-07-2019, 11:17 AM)JamesWright Wrote: It isn't just screwing over the Kurds that bothers me. It's kowtowing to Erdogan. It's letting the Russians save Assad in Syria. It's letting Assad use chemical weapons. It's Trump making Obama's ghastly failures in Syria even worse.

Of course we shouldn't be invading Syria. We should have supported the rebels and helped them to bring down one of the world's most brutal dictators, which we could have done without a single soldier entering the country--okay so maybe some special forces, trainers, etc. Instead, we've given carte blanche to the worst people there and for no benefit to our nation.

Maybe Trump should draw some of those lines in the sand like Obama did.

RE: Trump abandoning Kurds move to end involvement in wars? - jmesser1982 - 10-07-2019

(10-07-2019, 01:27 PM)Hightop77 Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 11:17 AM)JamesWright Wrote: It isn't just screwing over the Kurds that bothers me. It's kowtowing to Erdogan. It's letting the Russians save Assad in Syria. It's letting Assad use chemical weapons. It's Trump making Obama's ghastly failures in Syria even worse.

Maybe Trump should draw some of those lines in the sand like Obama did.
Jimmy liked it when obama drew his big red line.
---------------------------------------------------------------------