zigbeenuthouse
Current Justice Dept still protecting Ma. - Printable Version

+- zigbeenuthouse (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com)
+-- Forum: The Front Porch. Come on in and talk! (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: ZigbeeNutHouse List of topics for discussion (https://www.zigbeenuthouse.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Current Justice Dept still protecting Ma. (/thread-2682.html)

Pages: 1 2

Current Justice Dept still protecting Ma. - ScarletHayes - 09-10-2019

Mr President.  Clean house and drain this ####### swamp!   Angry

RE: Current Justice Dept still protecting Ma. - zigbee - 09-10-2019

3........................2.........................................................................1................................................  let me save some on here some effort typing by doing it for them.... NOTHING WILL HAPPEN[Image: emoji860.png]

RE: Current Justice Dept still protecting Ma. - ScarletHayes - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 08:02 AM)zigbee Wrote: 3........................2.........................................................................1................................................  let me save some on here some effort typing by doing it for them.... NOTHING WILL HAPPEN[Image: emoji860.png]

Zig, if you have the time, watch the entire interview.  This might be the first time I've seen a Fox segment conceding that mostly like nothing is going to happen now.  Justice Dept corrupt as hell.  

What power does a president hold in regards to rank and file members of these departments?  Can he force a house cleaning and actually get one?

RE: Current Justice Dept still protecting Ma. - zigbee - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 08:10 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 08:02 AM)zigbee Wrote: 3........................2.........................................................................1................................................  let me save some on here some effort typing by doing it for them.... NOTHING WILL HAPPEN[Image: emoji860.png]

Zig, if you have the time, watch the entire interview.  This might be the first time I've seen a Fox segment conceding that mostly like nothing is going to happen now.  Justice Dept corrupt as hell.  

What power does a president hold in regards to rank and file members of these departments?  Can he force a house cleaning and actually get one?
He cannot force anything.  He can only replace people in positions in the dept to help him do what the constitution outlines in Article II, enforce law.

RE: Current Justice Dept still protecting Ma. - Hightop77 - 09-10-2019

As a lifelong outsider, Trump really didn't know the extent of the corruption and politicization within the government.  And in terms of appointments, he has to rely on the recommendations of others.  He was probably told Bill Barr was the man to deal with it but of course he was told wrong.  It would take a very strong forceful outsider much like Trump himself to even make a dent in the DOJ.  As I have said, they are just biding their time hoping Trump loses and even if he doesn't they know he will never have the political capital again to deal with it especially if he has both houses of Congress working against him.  If he had put me on his transition team after he won, I could have told him all this.   Sad

RE: Current Justice Dept still protecting Ma. - lrrps21 - 09-10-2019

The only thing that would remotely change D.C. is sending in the Marines and 82nd. A junta is needed. The elected version obviously has not worked.

RE: Current Justice Dept still protecting Ma. - ScarletHayes - 09-10-2019

When I heard about immunity deals being struck in exchange for NOTHING, yeah...  it’s over.  It’s been over.

(09-10-2019, 09:01 AM)ScarletHayes Wrote: When I heard about immunity deals being struck in exchange for NOTHING, yeah...  it’s over.  It’s been over.

I figured it out back in the 1980's when I saw Edward Kennedy and Jack Kemp stagger out of a pub. Earlier that day they argued on CSPAN. Of course, I was privy to some very political burfle while in uniform. I put 2 and 2 together and it came out the color gamboge.

Sadly, the US is run by less than 1,000 people and most of those folks are freaking morons.

The slow roll of destruction was accelerated when Bush I was elected.

RE: Current Justice Dept still protecting Ma. - BWT30 - 09-10-2019

Only one way to end this game (maybe) and that's with term limits which like charges against the Dems will not happen.

RE: Current Justice Dept still protecting Ma. - Alabuckeye - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 08:47 AM)Hightop77 Wrote: As a lifelong outsider, Trump really didn't know the extent of the corruption and politicization within the government.  And in terms of appointments, he has to rely on the recommendations of others.  He was probably told Bill Barr was the man to deal with it but of course he was told wrong.  It would take a very strong forceful outsider much like Trump himself to even make a dent in the DOJ.  As I have said, they are just biding their time hoping Trump loses and even if he doesn't they know he will never have the political capital again to deal with it especially if he has both houses of Congress working against him.  If he had put me on his transition team after he won, I could have told him all this.   Sad
So, you are conceding that all of Trump's talk of draining the swamp was hot air?  It's funny that he doesn't speak of that much any more....

"All through the nineteenth and twentieth centuries the amount of energy that men were able to command was continually increasing. Applied to warfare that meant that the power to inflict a blow, the power to destroy, was continually increasing. There was no increase whatever in the ability to escape"

-- H.G. Wells

RE: Current Justice Dept still protecting Ma. - BWT30 - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 10:23 AM)Alabuckeye Wrote:
(09-10-2019, 08:47 AM)Hightop77 Wrote: As a lifelong outsider, Trump really didn't know the extent of the corruption and politicization within the government.  And in terms of appointments, he has to rely on the recommendations of others.  He was probably told Bill Barr was the man to deal with it but of course he was told wrong.  It would take a very strong forceful outsider much like Trump himself to even make a dent in the DOJ.  As I have said, they are just biding their time hoping Trump loses and even if he doesn't they know he will never have the political capital again to deal with it especially if he has both houses of Congress working against him.  If he had put me on his transition team after he won, I could have told him all this.   Sad
So, you are conceding that all of Trump's talk of draining the swamp was hot air?  It's funny that he doesn't speak of that much any more....
I don't think it was hot air, but I do think he never thought it would be this hard or this deep.

Fair point Walt.....I think that's a perfectly logical premise. But he screwed up with Sessions......who did he trust to recommend Barr? Are those people now gone or is he still trusting them? At some point Trump gets the onus of continually adding swamp creatures to HIS administration.

RE: Current Justice Dept still protecting Ma. - Hightop77 - 09-10-2019

You might have the worst reading comprehension skills I have ever seen.

(09-10-2019, 11:58 AM)Hightop77 Wrote:

You might have the worst reading comprehension skills I have ever seen.
Nah.....I understood exactly what you were saying.  I was extrapolating out from what you said, hoping that your myopia was getting better.  Seems it's not.